Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing regarding Faugheen...

I can't see it still being enough to beat Buveur but there is the very slim chance that Willie Mullins could get that spark back with Faugheen and he's proven to have worked some phenomenal training performances over time, Arctic Fire coming back and winning the County of top weight, getting Nichols Canyon back on track and winning the Stayers, Quevega 6 times, Vautour just quickly off the top of my head...

I think the key issue here though as that unlike almost all cases I'm sure where he's always left a bit back with his horses up until the Spring festivals, Faugheen as they have admitted has been at it on the go all Summer long. Add to that there's no way they would have left much left on his runs this season, certainly not his first and last run as both times they needed to know what he had. Having seemingly come back so well in the Morgiana I could see why they may have done so at his run over Christmas thinking they were in a better position with his wellbeing but that is irrelevant such was the display. There's no chance I don't think that last time out he wasn't as fully fit and primed as they could get him.

Maybe a switch in something for his training and routine may do it but being on the go all year means I doubt they have little if anything else they can do.

Would have to be well up there with his greatest achievements if he managed to pull it off?

Comment

• There is a whisper round Closutton that Mullins has been struggling with stable staff and some horses (mainly the not so top horses) haven’t been ridden out some days due to staff shortages. The reason being is WPM pays his staff less than than most of the other trainers in Ireland. Not so sure this has a Knock on effect to his top horses but could explain why some horses haven’t been fit this season. I expect them all to be as fit as fleas in 5 weeks time though.

I’ve not put a line through faugheen just yet. I think he travelled well at the weekend but just petered out in the final 1 to 2f.

Looking forward to this race a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
        There is a whisper round Closutton that Mullins has been struggling with stable staff and some horses (mainly the not so top horses) haven’t been ridden out some days due to staff shortages. The reason being is WPM pays his staff less than than most of the other trainers in Ireland. Not so sure this has a Knock on effect to his top horses but could explain why some horses haven’t been fit this season. I expect them all to be as fit as fleas in 5 weeks time though.

I’ve not put a line through faugheen just yet. I think he travelled well at the weekend but just petered out in the final 1 to 2f.

Looking forward to this race a lot.

Write that on Twitter and tag Willie mullins, the supreme racing club and Joe chambers In it

That's absolute nonsense sir.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Just what I’ve heard Scooby. Have you heard all is rosy then?

Comment

Just what I’ve heard Scooby. Have you heard all is rosy then?
            Iv heard nothing but theyre a very credible outfit as a whole team.
            mullins leaves no stone unturned. There attention to detail is given at every corner. And if your paying your money each horse is treated as an individual, they're might be preferences but the care time and effort given would not differ whether your douvan or chateau conti.
            Last edited by Scooby91; 7 February 2018, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Iv heard nothing but theyre a very credible outfit as a whole team mullins leaves no stone unturned. There attention to detail is given at every corner

Hmm. Like I say I have heard a few things about the place which I won’t discuss on here. The fella who told me I know very well and trust. Obviously you don’t know him so won’t trust him like I do. I am sure he won’t make things up though. Just putting out there what I’ve been told. If you think it’s rubbish then I’ve no issue with that.

Comment

Hmm. Like I say I have heard a few things about the place which I won’t discuss on here. The fella who told me I know very well and trust. Obviously you don’t know him so won’t trust him like I do. I am sure he won’t make things up though. Just putting out there what I’ve been told. If you think it’s rubbish then I’ve no issue with that.
                Have to be careful john
                I can imagine the breaking news now

Mr Sullivan removes all horses from W p mullins with immediate effect due to the investigation of Mr johnhammer on the fatjockey forum

In all seriousness there could be potential smaller owners that could believe what you just said and stop them in there tracks of owning and putting a racehorse in to training.

Comment

• I guess so. But I also think people should know these things.

Anyway like I said the issue is apparently resolved now and I am sure all the horses will be fit on the day.

Comment

• More chance of Willie himself getting the leg up than them not bothering to ride a horse out...

Comment

• Haha Kev.

Like I say. Just what I’ve been told by someone I know well

Comment

• Regardless of the level of truth in any story/rumour I commend Jon for posting, sharing info that he has for the benefit of FJ members....

Comment

Haha Kev.

Like I say. Just what I’ve been told by someone I know well
                          There is no harm in passing on info you have heard Jon. Its down to the readers if they choose to believe it or not.

Comment

• Not sure who would choose to believe something for which there isn't any evidence other than hearsay. No harm passing the info on but it's fairly useless as we have no idea as to the reliability

Comment

• Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                              There is no harm in passing on info you have heard Jon. Its down to the readers if they choose to believe it or not.
                              My thoughts entirely mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                                Not sure who would choose to believe something for which there isn't any evidence other than hearsay. No harm passing the info on but it's fairly useless as we have no idea as to the reliability
                                Obviously if you don’t know the guy then that will be the Case in any scenario.

I’m sure he wouldn’t make it up Altho I concede things can snowball with whispers.

Comment

Working...
                                X