Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or Defi du seuil ????!!!!.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
      Or Defi du seuil ????!!!!.
      BC,
      I don't know if that quote is aimed at me, and if so it would be in your interest to get your facts right before posting silly comments. If it wasn't, I apologise in advance.

Comment

• Interesting that Defi has only had the 1 run after being busy last season. Has he picked up an injury or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
          BC,
          I don't know if that quote is aimed at me, and if so it would be in your interest to get your facts right before posting silly comments. If it wasn't, I apologise in advance.
          Doc, Apologize at once !., It wasn't aimed at anyone , i was just adding to the debate .

Comment

• Even Luke harvey mentioned that D.D.S might go under the radar should faugheen not show. I don't necessarily agree with him
            but as i layed my money down for d.d.s in this , i wouldn't mind seeing a run for my money,

Comment

• Apologies BigChaang. Good luck with Defi.

Comment

• No worries Doc, IF, he get's there he'll need it .

Comment

• Yorkhill must be a big possibility for this race should Faugheen not make it for whatever reason. As lightly raced as Melon is if he can't beat Tent then he won't be getting near BD for me. IMO the only horses that can potentially stick it to BD are Faugheen & Yorkhill, although Yorkhill does need to show he retains the same zest over hurdles, but I'd have no reason to believe he wouldn't, fences haven't been his game, and his raw talent was the reason he won at the festival last season, because his jumping still left a lot to be desired.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    Yorkhill must be a big possibility for this race should Faugheen not make it for whatever reason. As lightly raced as Melon is if he can't beat Tent then he won't be getting near BD for me. IMO the only horses that can potentially stick it to BD are Faugheen & Yorkhill, although Yorkhill does need to show he retains the same zest over hurdles, but I'd have no reason to believe he wouldn't, fences haven't been his game, and his raw talent was the reason he won at the festival last season, because his jumping still left a lot to be desired.
                    Personally think yorkhill is an excellent jumper of a fence. (Left handed) Wouldnt stop him going CH if that's what they wanted to do though. He's a poor price for it now though imo.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      Yorkhill must be a big possibility for this race should Faugheen not make it for whatever reason. As lightly raced as Melon is if he can't beat Tent then he won't be getting near BD for me. IMO the only horses that can potentially stick it to BD are Faugheen & Yorkhill, although Yorkhill does need to show he retains the same zest over hurdles, but I'd have no reason to believe he wouldn't, fences haven't been his game, and his raw talent was the reason he won at the festival last season, because his jumping still left a lot to be desired.
                      Cant see Faugheen turning up, and wouldn't touch him for reasons I've already stated. Willie will no doubt know who his best horse for the race is, and I expect it to be Melon. Whether he's good enough is another thing. Ridden differently I do expect Melon to surprise a few people. I have BD covered so happy with some Melon ew.

Comment

• Will Yorkhill's participation come down to whether Min or Melon are more likely to win their respective targets?

Comment

• The more I think about it the more I believe we won’t see Yorkhill here, regardless of Willie’s other horses. Chasing was always the plan with him, and as it turns out he’s a bloody good chaser. He jumps and travels excellently, at least going left handed, so it would seem like a massive step back in his career to see him revert to hurdles. I think a crack at the Champion Chase this year would be perfect for him, see if they can settle him down for next year if they still want to make a Gold Cup horse out of him.

Comment

• Ricci on Faugheen:

When asked whether Faugheen will make the Champion Hurdle, Ricci told talkSPORT2: "Barring anything popping up of a more serious nature this week, absolutely. I think we'll crack on.

"Whether he goes to the Irish Champion Hurdle at Leopardstown in the first week of February, or whether he'll go straight to Cheltenham, I don't know, but our intention at the moment is to crack on. He was fine after the race. We've gotten him home. He's normal. Everything's fine, which is good news. He's not lame. There are no leg issues.

"I'm just hoping that in the next day or two something comes out where he's been incubating a cold. I think that would be the best-case scenario."

Comment

• The new one is going to keep an entry for the Champion Hurdle

NTD “with the way they keep mucking up he could get 3rd or 4th”

Another Cheltenham wasted then

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                                The new one is going to keep an entry for the Champion Hurdle

NTD “with the way they keep mucking up he could get 3rd or 4th”

Another Cheltenham wasted then
                                I wouldn't knock that at all, common sense to go for the CH. Million pound mark in prize money. Im sure rhe owners are very happy with hiw hes been campigned.
                                Take what you can get instead of going into the unknown. They're well aware he won't win the CH but there's plenty of prize money there.
                                Last edited by Scooby91; 1 January 2018, 05:39 PM.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X