Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
    Hope there’s not too many of you sitting on DDS slips
    I had more than enough G.S ,, But not very surprised as D.D.S has shown little this year . Hopefully my multitude of B.d'air ones
    will ease the pain !.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
      Hope there’s not too many of you sitting on DDS slips
      I don't know much about racing, but I do know backing last year's juveniles in the Champion is a fool's errand

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
        I don't know much about racing, but I do know backing last year's juveniles in the Champion is a fool's errand
        Yep, and not a new trend that either robith yet every year the triumph winner is talked up as next years champion hurdle horse.
        Celestial Halo went close and Katchit won a desperate renewal but that's it, they have a desperate record.
        Completely different races so completely different skillsets needed....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          I’m sure someone would be willing to place bets for you BOF, I’d be happy to but I don’t have the range of accs remaining some would have...
          I really appreciate the offer Ista but the chances are that my bets are probably less 'life changing' and more 'reputation damaging' so, for the sake of whatever betting self esteem I still possess, I will respectively decline and keep my pain to myself!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
            I really appreciate the offer Ista but the chances are that my bets are probably less 'life changing' and more 'reputation damaging' so, for the sake of whatever betting self esteem I still possess, I will respectively decline and keep my pain to myself!
            I used a VPN app to access my betting accounts when I was abroad this year BoF. If you have some British online betting accounts it is worth using one of those as they worked well for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
              The New one and defi the most high profile ones taken out of the champion hurdle today
              Little bit surprised at that.

I didn't fancy DDS at all, but did take 20/1 e/w earlier in the season (after his first run) as I thought it was an over reaction.... turns out it wasn't.

I'd be sitting smuggly saying I told you so to everybody...but I can't, as I am 3 pts down now

Comment

• Is CALL ME LORD a bet to nothing in the CH without BVD at 20/1.

He is vying for favouritism with Ch'tibello today who is 8/1 in the same market. (They're 33/1 and 20/1 respectively in the normal market but not interested in that)

If Call me lord wins today ... he HAS to be a shorter price than Ch'tibello ... if he loses today ... they'll look for a handicap for him? Certainly won't be going for the CH?

Comment

• How about a W.Mullins 1-2-3 in this? What are the odds? I really fancy Faugheen, Wicklow Brave and Melon to be ridden to orders and BD will be boxed in ,cut up, taken on at different stages and hassled out of the race . Team tactics will be the order of the day. On all known form Faugheen wins this easily. BD has only beaten MTOY by 5L . and a few GD. 2 /3 horses to date. A fit Faugheen has 8lb in hand I reckon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfish View Post
                    How about a W.Mullins 1-2-3 in this? What are the odds? I really fancy Faugheen, Wicklow Brave and Melon to be ridden to orders and BD will be boxed in ,cut up, taken on at different stages and hassled out of the race . Team tactics will be the order of the day. On all known form Faugheen wins this easily. BD has only beaten MTOY by 5L . and a few GD. 2 /3 horses to date. A fit Faugheen has 8lb in hand I reckon.
                    On all known form? Which bit of Faugheen's recent form gives him the beating of Buveur D'air on last season's Champion Hurdle run?

Faugheen hasn't shown anything like his best form on his last two runs so it takes a leap of faith to say Faugheen wins easily.

Wicklow Brave and Melon aren't in the same league as Buveur D'air imo.

Team tactics in a 2 miler championship race when all horses are under different ownership? That'd be a first.

Comment

• I go back 2 races when he beat Jezki by nearly 17L easily. I think he was given a higher rating 171 ++for the win than BD achieved in last years Champion Hurdle-171 . I make Faugheens best possible rating 177. I mean Team WM ,every horse will run to its merits. If and when I'm proved wrong I will be the first to highlight my flawed opinion. I 'm banking on it that I'm not!

Comment

I go back 2 races when he beat Jezki by nearly 17L easily. I think he was given a higher rating 171 ++for the win than BD achieved in last years Champion Hurdle-171 . I make Faugheens best possible rating 177. I mean Team WM ,every horse will run to its merits. If and when I'm proved wrong I will be the first to highlight my flawed opinion. I 'm banking on it that I'm not!
                        A peak Faugheen would beat Buveur D'air. A 10 year old Faugheen having been off the track for almost 2 years and having run well below form on his last two runs, has it all to prove imo.

I'd love to see him win it. It'd lift the roof off Cheltenham if he got his head in front.

Comment

I go back 2 races when he beat Jezki by nearly 17L easily. I think he was given a higher rating 171 ++for the win than BD achieved in last years Champion Hurdle-171 . I make Faugheens best possible rating 177. I mean Team WM ,every horse will run to its merits. If and when I'm proved wrong I will be the first to highlight my flawed opinion. I 'm banking on it that I'm not!
                          Did faugheen run any worse last time out than his seasonal debut? I think he ran pretty close to that tbh. And people went over board on his 1st run.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• He will win and not by a head...Keep the faith.

Comment

He will win and not by a head...Keep the faith.
                              Your heart ruling your head possibly BF?

Comment

He will win and not by a head...Keep the faith.
                                Completely controversial but iv always thought this.

His Irish champion hurdle win . Nichols canyon jumped out to the right violently made some mistakes and diddnt run to his full potential.
                                Arctic fire bombed the time before had a chipped knee and was out for the season after that race.
                                It's not as good as it looked on paper.
                                He's never faced mtoy.

How good was faugheen and how good he is now, is very hard to measure imo.
                                Last edited by Scooby91; 25 February 2018, 08:22 PM.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X