Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billymag View Post
    Ive taken a chance on another JP runner for this in Campeador, I accept that he has an awful lot to find but he really could be anything and ive taken 100/1 on the exchanges, if I see he has an entry for a hurdle ill take some of the 50/1 ew with PP.
    I've been trying to get small amounts matched on the exchanges for Campeador too Billy. Someone keeps undercutting me, it's probably you

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post
      So you reckon McManus runs these three plus probably My Tent Or Yours , cant see it in all honesty Scooby.

MWTT is interesting i give you that.
      No I don't as Charli Parcs nowhere near the standard, atleast 1 will go county and it won't be mtoy or buveur dair
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Ha ha I might be guilty as charged!!!

Comment

Charlie Parcs French form wasn't anything special the 2nd has done nothing for pipe. He came into the juveniles over here with experience, he diddnt progress, the others quickly caught up.
          That's my honest opinion of his form.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
            Ha ha I might be guilty as charged!!!
            I could have taken 100/1 last week but got greedy. I was hoping to drip feed £20 on him at big prices but there is now more than just me and you trying to get the odd fiver matched haha

Comment

I mentioned Campeador on page 2 a while back. I'm yet to back him, purely based on the fact that it's almost certain JP has Buveur D'Air, DDS and MTOY's in the race and I find it hard to see him having another runner. Other than that he interests me a lot at 50/1

I can't see who Elliott would have for the race otherwise. He was a very well fancied favourite in last years County. We can only guess how he may have got on but a good run there would have meant this i'm sure would have then been the plan. Despite falling at the last he has shown he handles the track in the Fred Winter.

I'm please Elliott gave him a mention in his stable tour. He mentioned:
              We’re hoping to start him back at Punchestown in a winners’ hurdle on October 18th
              So expect to see an entry for that race tomorrow. Elliott has thought very very highly of the horse who has had no luck in his career so far. I think he has so much progression and potential in him

Comment

BG on BvD
                Obviously he was very impressive in the Champion Hurdle and in the Aintree Hurdle last season. He had an unusual preparation for the Champion Hurdle, in that he ran in two novice chases, both of which he won, before going back over hurdles. It was obviously an inspired decision by Nicky and the boss to go back over hurdles, and it was some training performance by Nicky.

He is a worthy champion, he sets the standard for the top two-mile hurdlers this season. A lot does hinge on Faugheen, whether or not he can come back and re-produce his best this season as a nine-year-old. It would be fascinating to see Faugheen and Buveur D’Air take each other on.

You can’t fault what Buveur D’Air has done over hurdles, he is a top-class hurdler and he is the reigning champion. It will be exciting to get going with him again this season.
                Interesting to note that he also seems to think it all revolves around Faugheen. I am starting to get very itchy feet about not having Faugheen covered! A lot of ante post multiples could be in smoke if the big pink machine actually turns up in that Morgiana...

Comment

The time to back Faugheen is if/when he's declared for the Morgiana.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                    The time to back Faugheen is if/when he's declared for the Morgiana.
                    I tried that tactic last season when he was declared for the Irish Champion Hurdle, only for him to be a non runner the following day. I'll be waiting until he's in the parade ring in the Morgiana before striking a bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      I tried that tactic last season when he was declared for the Irish Champion Hurdle, only for him to be a non runner the following day. I'll be waiting until he's in the parade ring in the Morgiana before striking a bet.
                      Mullins would still pull him out

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                        I mentioned Campeador on page 2 a while back. I'm yet to back him, purely based on the fact that it's almost certain JP has Buveur D'Air, DDS and MTOY's in the race and I find it hard to see him having another runner. Other than that he interests me a lot at 50/1
                        Pretty sure Henderson said he won't race MTOY against Buveur D'air again, said he couldn't do it to the horse, he deserves his own victory now, or something along them lines, after finishing 2nd in his last 3 Grade 1 runs, which is some level of consistency by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                          Pretty sure Henderson said he won't race MTOY against Buveur D'air again, said he couldn't do it to the horse, he deserves his own victory now, or something along them lines, after finishing 2nd in his last 3 Grade 1 runs, which is some level of consistency by the way!
                          Has anyone requested a price with Sky for Faugheen NRNB? (As they've done for Our Duke) I have tweeted them but not sure if that is the right way to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Has anyone requested a price with Sky for Faugheen NRNB? (As they've done for Our Duke) I have tweeted them but not sure if that is the right way to do it?
                            They came back to me and said "we don't do it"..... I pointed out they did for Our Duke,

and they've added Faugheen NRNB at 4/1.... now I am pretty hungover, and need a second opinion, but is that not AMAZING value for now?!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              They came back to me and said "we don't do it"..... I pointed out they did for Our Duke,

and they've added Faugheen NRNB at 4/1.... now I am pretty hungover, and need a second opinion, but is that not AMAZING value for now?!
                              That is unbelievable value Kev. Completely the wrong price imo

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                That is unbelievable value Kev. Completely the wrong price imo
                                I've had 8 pts on (thank-you withhold!) and WELL DONE to you as well - but thats for another thread!

I was expecting 5/2 at best and would have considered that.... I feel like I am jumping ship on BvD, which I don't want to do, but both at 4/1 is going to pretty much guarentee I have the first 2 in the betting for profit?

Comment

Working...
                                X