Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to have a little bet on campeador before he runs today and was disappointed to see the 50s had gone and was now next price 33-1. Was very tempted by Divin Bere at 50-1 though only beaten less than 2 lengths by defi du seuil at aintree yet he's more than 6 times the price and with fewer runs there could be greater improvement. Sure I've seen Henderson say he stays over hurdles this year too.
    Last edited by taylorch1990; 18 October 2017, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
      Went to have a little very on campeador before he runs today and was disappointed to see the 50s had gone and was now next price 33-1. Was very tempted by Divin Bere at 50-1 though only beaten less than 2 lengths by defi du seuil at aintree yet he's more than 6 times the price and with fewer runs there could be greater improvement. Sure I've seen Henderson say he stays over hurdles this year too.
      Yea Divin stays over hurdles. Was Lydias outside tip for the champion hurdle on the FFP Podcast last week.

Campeador travelled into that race lovely. Needed pushed out a bit after the last but should come on for that.

Geraghty on fire last couple of days for JP

Comment

• Dear Father Christmas , please send The New One to the world hurdle.

2m today to win Welsh Champion hurdle bound to convince Nige to go down this 2 mile route when his chance has gone.

Comment

• Every Tuesday I get a bus to Cheltenham with my old football team, and every year one of the winners of the raffle says the money is going on The New One

Makes me want to pull my hairnout

Comment

• He dosent stay 3 miles.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
              Dear Father Christmas , please send The New One to the world hurdle.

2m today to win Welsh Champion hurdle bound to convince Nige to go down this 2 mile route when his chance has gone.
              He dosent stay 3 miles, especially left handed.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Now I know it doesn't really mean too much but Nicky Henderson had a twitter poll up a few days ago...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The jumps steps up a gear <a href="https://twitter.com/CheltenhamRaces?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CheltenhamRa ces</a> on Friday so which Seven Barrows inmate are you most looking forward to seeing this season?</p>&mdash; Nicky Henderson (@sevenbarrows) <a href="https://twitter.com/sevenbarrows/status/922134684594790400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 22, 2017</a></blockquote>
                <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Asking which 4 horses in the yard are people most excited about. The 3 obvious horses are in there but Charlie Parcs makes the 4th spot. Everytime Henderson mentions the horse it tends to be alongside the stable stars and this is another instance. The likes of Top Notch, Whisper, Pym, Apples Shakira are just a few that could have been mentioned. Now again a twitter poll, in all likelyhood not even done by the man himself means nothing but he does keep mentioning CP in the same bracket as his best horses.

And more notably and seriously - I had assumed Henderson would look to utilise his handicap mark in big handicap like the Greatwood Hurdle at the International meeting and then based on that either look towards the County or the Champion Hurdle but the plan so far is to aim him at the Gerry Feilden at Newbury on December 2nd. The Greatwood would be 2 weeks after which would be pretty soon for him to reappear? I wonder if that again gives a clue on where Henderson see's the horse for the season in that he may be giving up what would look like a very handy handicap mark for the Greatwood and instead by slowly buidling his path towards the Champion Hurdle?

Probably nothing in it and I think Charli Parcs has a huge gap to make up to feature if the main players line up in this race but it's hard not to take note of the high regard he is still held in

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                  Now I know it doesn't really mean too much but Nicky Henderson had a twitter poll up a few days ago...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The jumps steps up a gear <a href="https://twitter.com/CheltenhamRaces?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CheltenhamRa ces</a> on Friday so which Seven Barrows inmate are you most looking forward to seeing this season?</p>— Nicky Henderson (@sevenbarrows) <a href="https://twitter.com/sevenbarrows/status/922134684594790400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 22, 2017</a></blockquote>
                  <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Asking which 4 horses in the yard are people most excited about. The 3 obvious horses are in there but Charlie Parcs makes the 4th spot. Everytime Henderson mentions the horse it tends to be alongside the stable stars and this is another instance. The likes of Top Notch, Whisper, Pym, Apples Shakira are just a few that could have been mentioned. Now again a twitter poll, in all likelyhood not even done by the man himself means nothing but he does keep mentioning CP in the same bracket as his best horses.

And more notably and seriously - I had assumed Henderson would look to utilise his handicap mark in big handicap like the Greatwood Hurdle at the International meeting and then based on that either look towards the County or the Champion Hurdle but the plan so far is to aim him at the Gerry Feilden at Newbury on December 2nd. The Greatwood would be 2 weeks after which would be pretty soon for him to reappear? I wonder if that again gives a clue on where Henderson see's the horse for the season in that he may be giving up what would look like a very handy handicap mark for the Greatwood and instead by slowly buidling his path towards the Champion Hurdle?

Probably nothing in it and I think Charli Parcs has a huge gap to make up to feature if the main players line up in this race but it's hard not to take note of the high regard he is still held in
                  The Greatwood is middle of November Jono but totally agree with you, seems very strange race planning...........unless Hendo already has one for the Greatwood?!

Jenkins is v well handicapped

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    The Greatwood is middle of November Jono but totally agree with you, seems very strange race planning...........unless Hendo already has one for the Greatwood?!

Jenkins is v well handicapped
                    Ah yes of course it is. Definitely off the agenda then!
                    Haha i'm all over Jenkins off 137 in a big handicap

That Newbury debut over hurdles included the beating of Captain Forez - now rated 148 and Pingshou -
                    now rated 150...he could be absolutely chucked in
                    Last edited by jono; 25 October 2017, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                      Ah yes of course it is. Definitely off the agenda then!
                      Haha i'm all over Jenkins off 137 in a big handicap

That Newbury debut over hurdles included the beating of Captain Forez - now rated 148 and Pingshou -
                      now rated 150...he could be absolutely chucked in
                      Jenkins won't get missed by the bookies unfortunately!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Jenkins won't get missed by the bookies unfortunately!
                        No but it might go along way to explaining why CP isn't going for the race

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          No but it might go along way to explaining why CP isn't going for the race
                          Buveur D'air, Charli Parcs, Jenkins is the 1-2-3 in the CH

Comment

• much love for the "talking horse" Charli Parcs. Having dodged Defi last season blaming ground conditions the festival came and went for the so called star. The bookies will be forming a large line to take bets on him winning the Champion Hurdle.

Comment

• Henderson has a blind spot when it comes to Charli Parcs

Comment

• Totally forgot about Jenkins. He had so much potential, wonder if Nicky has got the jumping of the horse working yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X