Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by archie View Post
    As I was standing on the Closutton gallops listening to Willie say how highly they rated Melon, I think I might be right too!

The graded races argument shows that you don't know how the yard operates. It's all about timing and they run when they're telling Willie that they're ready. The fact that Cilaos Emery ran over 2m4f is far more significant than it being a G1. It simply means that it was the right time.

Melon is officially rated 159 and Cilaos Emery 153. The RPR difference is similar so it would seem that you're the odd one out here. Nothing wrong with that but you might want to adopt a more reasonable tone.
    Thats quite funny, making plans at home when on track the opposite happens seems a regular theme with Mullins yard. I'm happy you're trying to enlighten me regarding the pattern racing and how G1s and G2s differences doesn't matter to Mullins. I would think its all about timing with all trainers but if they have a G1 horse they'll send him for the G1 races, which surprisingly thats how it 'randomly' seems to happen to Cilaos Emery.

As for the ratings, Melon achieved the 159 in the race against TNO in open company. CE according to Mullins needed the run fto and is now being sent over 2 miles over which he's a champion novice, go figure that... I'm the odd one here in regards to commenting the horses's form, not reporting the stable rumors/interviews that Scooby and yourself seem to only be capable of doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by oceans View Post
      Thats quite funny, making plans at home when on track the opposite happens seems a regular theme with Mullins yard. I'm happy you're trying to enlighten me regarding the pattern racing and how G1s and G2s differences doesn't matter to Mullins. I would think its all about timing with all trainers but if they have a G1 horse they'll send him for the G1 races, which surprisingly thats how it 'randomly' seems to happen to Cilaos Emery.

As for the ratings, Melon achieved the 159 in the race against TNO in open company. CE according to Mullins needed the run fto and is now being sent over 2 miles over which he's a champion novice, go figure that... I'm the odd one here in regards to commenting the horses's form, not reporting the stable rumors/interviews that Scooby and yourself seem to only be capable of doing.
      Oceans.
      Have you took the 66/1?
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Not all horses that run in Grade 1’s are Grade 1 horses....
        Many will run in Grade 1 events in order to protect/reduce their handicap mark.
        Not saying that CE is in this camp (as he had won a Grade 1 Novice) but I personally think he is more likely to turn up in the County Hurdle, than the Champion Hurdle...

Comment

• My god!!!!

Comment

• I did call it. Its been that sort of week. Melon 16s looking good now.

Comment

• That could be that for Faugheen I think.

Comment

• Buveur D’air vs Yorkhill for the champion hurdle id reckon. Be shocked if Yorkhill was aimed elsewhere now

Comment

• the age stat that I stick with remains intact

Comment

• Absolutely gutted. One of my favourite ever horses, that could be the last wee see of him.
                    All my antepost from the start of the season was on buv as I wasn't expecting Faugheen to come back but now I feel sick if truth be told.
                    Added Yorkhill at 10s with WH (still available).

Gutted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                      Not all horses that run in Grade 1’s are Grade 1 horses.
                      That's very true.
                      And when so many G1 races attract just 4/5 runners especially in Ireland it often surprises me why the small man doesn't take a chance more than he does, finishing 5th often pays considerably more than winning an average handicap...

Comment

• Ricci: “He’s not distressed or anything, Paul pulled him up because he wasn’t going anywhere. I just don’t know, hopefully we have a horse to come back and have another day with. There doesn’t appear to be any injury.”

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                          Ricci: “He’s not distressed or anything, Paul pulled him up because he wasn’t going anywhere. I just don’t know, hopefully we have a horse to come back and have another day with. There doesn’t appear to be any injury.”
                          Hopefully the horse is 100% fine and the issue is that there's a problem in the yard, very few (if any) of Mullins horses have ran well at all over the last couple of days even horses that have won (let's dance) have done so unconvincing. So im hoping something comes to light over the next week of so otherwise it's sad to see the end of faugheen, and also means some of the horses in the yard I've backed for Cheltenham just aren't good enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                            Hopefully the horse is 100% fine and the issue is that there's a problem in the yard, very few (if any) of Mullins horses have ran well at all over the last couple of days even horses that have won (let's dance) have done so unconvincing. So im hoping something comes to light over the next week of so otherwise it's sad to see the end of faugheen, and also means some of the horses in the yard I've backed for Cheltenham just aren't good enough.
                            To be fair jezki has done the same the last 2 seasons after being out.
                            Bolted up then "bounced" on his next start
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• An awful sight watching Faugheen drop out like that. I'd say it's odds on that we've seen the last of him.

Comment

• To early to say goodbye , 24 hrs we will know more. Mullins horses not ran well all week in general , possible bounce factor , what ever it was I am sure they will do best by the horse.

Comment

Working...
                                X