Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faugheen and BD are miles clear of the rest in this race. I think you are just eating into your profit by backing all these other horses, unless you lay off nearer the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      Faugheen and BD are miles clear of the rest in this race. I think you are just eating into your profit by backing all these other horses, unless you lay off nearer the time.
      Id agree with that in this race.
      Iv backed 1 cover. If faugheens was out. Who runs?
      MIN 260.0 takes up about 0.3% of my book.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        Faugheen and BD are miles clear of the rest in this race. I think you are just eating into your profit by backing all these other horses, unless you lay off nearer the time.
        Definitely planning to lay off nearer the time for stake back as a minimum....

If BVD or Faugheen were to be non runners, the latter especially, then I'd want these bigger prices. Feel like I can wait until about 5th March to adjust

Comment

• Hi chaps, back from the desert, looks like Faugheens race this to me, that's providing the recent run was all it seemed. I think BD is a good horse but not a great horse, Willie has been banging on about him all year and he rarely gets it wrong, I managed to get some of the 6's but I think the current 6/4 could look massive in March, providing all goes well, still just one opinion and it's still a horse race, but a hell of a banker for Tuesday Yankees to me, just need 3 more, Let's Dance once targets are confirmed I reckon

Comment

• Personally think it's a straight match between the top 2, with neither value at current odds.. right in saying the faugheen of 3 years ago was pretty much unbeatable but a lot of water has gone under the bridge, Annie power has fallen at the last in the mares, won the champion hurdle and given birth to a pup by Camelot.. he might not be as good as he once was and he's probably not as easy to keep sound.. 6/4 is skinny, and BD would be great value at 7/2 if the machine wasn't getting in the way

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
              Hi chaps, back from the desert, looks like Faugheens race this to me, that's providing the recent run was all it seemed. I think BD is a good horse but not a great horse, Willie has been banging on about him all year and he rarely gets it wrong, I managed to get some of the 6's but I think the current 6/4 could look massive in March, providing all goes well, still just one opinion and it's still a horse race, but a hell of a banker for Tuesday Yankees to me, just need 3 more, Let's Dance once targets are confirmed I reckon
              Let's Dance is going to the Mares race by all comments so far.... but she bumps in to the ACTUAL banker of the day at 6/4 in Apple's Jade :P

Welcome back

Comment

• Originally posted by cwright23 View Post
                Personally think it's a straight match between the top 2, with neither value at current odds.. right in saying the faugheen of 3 years ago was pretty much unbeatable but a lot of water has gone under the bridge, Annie power has fallen at the last in the mares, won the champion hurdle and given birth to a pup by Camelot.. he might not be as good as he once was and he's probably not as easy to keep sound.. 6/4 is skinny, and BD would be great value at 7/2 if the machine wasn't getting in the way
                If Faugheen doesn't make it the prices ranging between 5/1 and 7/2 that have been available for BVD are ridiculously good. Boring comment and obvious but if you HAD to back one now, it couldn't be Faugheen.

On the day, different matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Let's Dance is going to the Mares race by all comments so far.... but she bumps in to the ACTUAL banker of the day at 6/4 in Apple's Jade :P

Welcome back
                  Cheers Kev
                  Do you not think AJ could go Champ with the way that race has cut up, must be a consideration

Comment

Cheers Kev
                    Do you not think AJ could go Champ with the way that race has cut up, must be a consideration
                    Sorry to but in but 1% chance. She'd get beat convincingly.
                    75% mares
                    24% stayers.

Comment

Cheers Kev
                      Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      Sorry to but in but 1% chance. She'd get beat convincingly.
                      75% mares
                      24% stayers.
                      Somewhere between the two ...

Faugheen and BVD would have to not run for AJ to go here for me.

Stayers a possibility but only if AJ looks vastly better than she does over 2m4f.

She'll be in the most winnable race which is 99% likely to be the mares race.... IMO

Comment

• Melon is entered up for the International Hurdle .... shocked me a little although makes LOADS of sense to see where melon is vs MTOY and if he can't beat TNO I'll be expecting him in the Arkle haha

Comment

• Kev,
                          I was most impressed with Melons debut this season. He looked a lot more powerful in his frame. He could be an interesting CH play this year. As I'm a stats man I won't be having faugheen, so that leaves BD and Melon.

Comment

• Could limini come over for the christmas hurdle, little mullins sighter on Buveur D'air

Comment

• Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
                              Could limini come over for the christmas hurdle, little mullins sighter on Buveur D'air
                              Would be a big ask and a tough race for her going in fresh. Poss cilaos emery, then his mark could go down a little if they were lucky. Not sure if Wicklow brave is being campaigned ober hurdles again id assume so, whether he's had a long enough break I don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                                Would be a big ask and a tough race for her going in fresh. Poss cilaos emery, then his mark could go down a little if they were lucky. Not sure if Wicklow brave is being campaigned ober hurdles again id assume so, whether he's had a long enough break I don't know.
                                True, Limini does seem to go well fresh though. Cilaos Emery is entered in a handicap at ascot on the 23rd.

Comment

Working...
                                X