Page 64 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 790

Thread: Arkle 2018

  1. #631
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Competitive rather than stand out would a fair assessment. If FO wins it I certainly wouldn't bang on saying it was a weak renewal in fairness.
    I'd rather they send finians this weekend and get beat then go jlt than send him to the arkle and him power home when the winners gone.

  2. #632
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    I'd rather they send finians this weekend and get beat then go jlt than send him to the arkle and him power home when the winners gone.
    Finians beat Capitaine (who has always been thought of as a speedster) a few lengths in the Tolworth, so I don't actually think he lacks for speed. I think it's more that his jumping has looked really slow, remains to be seen if that improves enough before March and/or if a faster pace would sharpen that up a bit

  3. #633
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    761
    Even IF FO comes out and beats this lot it doesn't of course tell the full story, because, as far as I am aware both Footpad & Petit Mouchoir have that field covered on hurdles form, and I know, I know, hurdles form should be taken lightly, as fences are a different proposition, but for me it stands well with my opinion.

    The only way I ever change my mind, or am likely to change my mind on the form side of it is if said horse looks worse over fences, for instance Yanworth, but Footpad was flawless and Petit Mouchoir wasn't much worse either tbh.

  4. #634
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,114
    No reason not to run him and i think they will as they would have entered him against modus on Friday.
    Hard to use capitaine as a yardstick

  5. #635
    Senior Member Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Robante View Post
    Finians beat Capitaine (who has always been thought of as a speedster) a few lengths in the Tolworth, so I don't actually think he lacks for speed. I think it's more that his jumping has looked really slow, remains to be seen if that improves enough before March and/or if a faster pace would sharpen that up a bit
    Trying to sum up my opinion as well as I can ...

    In terms of winning the Arkle... I want him to see him win and jump quicker over 2m ASAP.

    In terms of where he runs at Cheltenham, I don't think he needs to run over 2m for them to send him to the race.

    I don't think anyone could be bullish about his chances of his first go over fences was in the Arkle, but I'd be (and very much am) willing to chance it at 16/1, 14/1 and 12/1. Certainly when horses are shorter and less talented

  6. #636
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Trying to sum up my opinion as well as I can ...

    In terms of winning the Arkle... I want him to see him win and jump quicker over 2m ASAP.

    In terms of where he runs at Cheltenham, I don't think he needs to run over 2m for them to send him to the race.

    I don't think anyone could be bullish about his chances of his first go over fences was in the Arkle, but I'd be (and very much am) willing to chance it at 16/1, 14/1 and 12/1. Certainly when horses are shorter and less talented
    They don't have to run him over 2 before festival. But they really should. I wouldn't be happy with an after the race "looks like we got that wrong" chuckle torm tizzard.
    I'd give him all the credit in the world if he won.

  7. #637
    Senior Member Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    They don't have to run him over 2 before festival. But they really should. I wouldn't be happy with an after the race "looks like we got that wrong" chuckle torm tizzard.
    I'd give him all the credit in the world if he won.
    Yeah pretty much exactly what I'm saying. Can see him wining and can see them admitting they got things wrong haha

  8. #638
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    761
    As PM was, and probably still is, one of my big hopes for the festival I have been keeping an eye on the exchanges about him, and his price, in the last couple of weeks has continued to contract very gradually. He has also come in for significant money too, since he's been sat in his box nearly 2k has been matched on him.

    I find this very positive, even if we are not likely to see him on a race course for a while yet, he must be doing bits at home, as I can't imagine the savvy punters who use the exchanges ploughing into a horse whose well being is a relative unknown to the public anyway.

  9. #639
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,114
    Big chaang
    Finians oscar drifting with betfair and paddy power for this 14-1 now, and shortened up in the j.l.t. 5-1 , ladbrokes and coral too.

    **********
    Footpad / brain power shortening up for this aswell.

    Finians going blue across the board for the jlt

  10. #640
    Senior Member Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Big chaang
    Finians oscar drifting with betfair and paddy power for this 14-1 now, and shortened up in the j.l.t. 5-1 , ladbrokes and coral too.

    **********
    Footpad / brain power shortening up for this aswell.

    Finians going blue across the board for the jlt
    I think that'll be people reading too much in to the fact he's avoided the Arkle clash tomorrow, when he was never a likely runner... but I would see it that way wouldn't I

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •