Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any concerns that Sceau royal isn't a spring horse? A lot of his better form is early in a season?

I agree 9/1 had under estimated him though, think its a fair bet

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Most competitive doesn't mean it's the best class though does it?

The mares race at chelt was arguably the most competitive... but those 3 weren't the best 3 hurdlers... it just meant they were in the same division.

NHH, SR, BP, Capitaine .... you have then ahead of DD, WC and FO over further? I'd certainly not be integrated at best price 12/1 for them... can understand having a flutter at a bigger price but they're all way too short for me

Monalee and Bacardys would also be higher on my list for the JLT than SR or NHH or BP or Capitaine? ..... plus Modus
      Not NHH he goes arkle. Monalee decent got him covered at 80.0 massively over rated so far this season on his 1 run. Bacardys I'm hopeful he very likely won't be going jlt though. Not at current price they were 200.0 - 300.0 respectively The day before yesterdays race. And PM FP I got any race 12s 10s/ 16s

I'd be honestly worried if I diddnt have them covered.
      Last edited by Scooby91; 10 December 2017, 11:10 AM.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I've got the same for FP and PM any race but I'm trying to take my own bets out of the equation ...

I just don't see the 2m chasers so far (bar those 2 and Labaik) as being better than the horses over further.

I actually wrote somewhere that I think its a really average group of novice hurdlers that are chasing this year ... which highlighted FP and PM as good bets.

Comment

I've got the same for FP and PM any race but I'm trying to take my own bets out of the equation ...

I just don't see the 2m chasers so far (bar those 2 and Labaik) as being better than the horses over further.

I actually wrote somewhere that I think its a really average group of novice hurdlers that are chasing this year ... which highlighted FP and PM as good bets.
          I deffinately see them better. But it's all a game of opinions.

Comment

• HDB has said the vets are happy with Petit Mouchoir, and he’s on track for the Dublin festival in Feb.

Comment

Any concerns that Sceau royal isn't a spring horse? A lot of his better form is early in a season?

I agree 9/1 had under estimated him though, think its a fair bet
              If you take his UK form and split the season in two,
              1st Oct to 15 Jan - 8 wins from 12 runs
              16 Jan to 30 Apr - 0 wins from 5 runs

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                Very interesting. I certainly do put some weight in to it. Some horses are spring horses, some are not.

Comment

Look at the quality of the races. And the fact that he's older has more experience now. He could have easily have won some cherry picked race in that time. And changed the stats.

Comment

• All stats are open to interpretation and opinion. I'd say it's reasonably sound to assume that Brain Power is better right-handed and kick him out on those grounds. With Sceau Royal it's a little more even because in his first season he definitely seemed better early season whereas last season his best RPR was in April and you'd say he kept his form fairly even through the season.
                    That said, his hurdle form was a little below championship form (best RPR in a handicap) and I usually prefer novice chasers who show more as hurdlers. I wouldn't discard him at this stage but I'd certainly have Footpad and Petit Mouchoir ahead of him.

Comment

• Comment

All stats are open to interpretation and opinion. I'd say it's reasonably sound to assume that Brain Power is better right-handed and kick him out on those grounds. With Sceau Royal it's a little more even because in his first season he definitely seemed better early season whereas last season his best RPR was in April and you'd say he kept his form fairly even through the season.
                        That said, his hurdle form was a little below championship form (best RPR in a handicap) and I usually prefer novice chasers who show more as hurdlers. I wouldn't discard him at this stage but I'd certainly have Footpad and Petit Mouchoir ahead of him.
                        Looks a fair assessment.

Thanks for putting up the entries. Just had a look on hri only the racing post novice chase up so far.
                        I'd be disappointed if footpad got beat in that

Comment

• Links to all 4 days on here:
                          Sizing John, fresh from his impressive win in yesterday's John Durkan Memorial Chase, heads a field of 26 in the Leopardstown Christmas Chase

Comment

Thankyou very much.
                            No suprises there. Was expecting a couple of live ones in the Moscow flyer to come from knowhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              I'd be disappointed if footpad got beat in that
                              Avenir D'Une Vie, Jett, Le Martalin, 2 or 3 from Willie, 2 or 3 from Gordon?

Comment

Avenir D'Une Vie, Jett, Le Martalin, 2 or 3 from Willie, 2 or 3 from Gordon?
                                There's not much in there Archie for 2 miles. Tombstone probably runs but wants further.

I was quickly running to the exchanges for 3 figures on kilultagh vic for the stayers. To find out he's not priced up. Him and limini the only interesting ones I seen out of all the entries as a slight suprise all be it he block enters them.
                                Last edited by Scooby91; 11 December 2017, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X