Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think he will be an Arkle horse? I was of the opinion the Neptune was his race and despite being unlucky doing his best work late doesn't put me off that train of thought?

Comment

I think he'll be an Arkle horse but can see why you'd be thinking JLT after the Supreme run. He did try 2.5 miles once last season but got beat by Messire Des Obeaux, in receipt of 7lbs.

Was there a problem with him after Cheltenham? He didn't run again at the end of the season.

Comment

Can't find anything to say he did have a problem. When he was beaten by MDO he did seem a little under-whelming. I suppose I have a general view that Chelt bumper winners/runners tend to all want further to show their best... Cue Card, Champagne Fever (picked out especially for you) so maybe that is why I think he will be better over further. Nothing concrete though and I wouldn't be against him over 2m!

Comment

Sceau Royal is going for this so I wonder if the MDO might go up in trip to JLT, the owners have quite a few though so maybe they could target a few at the race.

Comment

MDO lacks gears for me so I'd be thinking RSA or JLT for him.

Wholestone is another in that ownership but he'll need a trip. Could be a Scottish National horse come the end of the season.

Comment

Sceau Royal only priced up by WH - 25s.

Be interesting to see him over a fence. He had some nice early season form but I'd be staggered if he was an Arkle contender myself, based on his hurdle form, getting beaten by Irving and Yanworth over 16f and 15f isn't two mile winning speed no matter how well he takes to fences.

MDO would interest me a little more in the JLT. We should probably have a JLT/RSA combined thread at the moment?

Comment

For the Arkle I'd take good jumping over a turn of foot every time.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                  For the Arkle I'd take good jumping over a turn of foot every time.
                  I think Sceau Royal would need to be better than good to compete.

Obviously jumping is the most important, but as I said, I'll be interested to see him over a fence. Until then, and only then, if really good, would I consider a bet on him.

Best thing about novice chases is watching the way they jump... can't wait! have you got any going novice chasing this season archie?

Comment

Cadmium. Watch his race over hurdles. He picked up the same injury as Douvan but seems fine now.

Comment

Petit Mouchoir looks the stand out bet in this market, especially with the question marks against all the others at the head of the market

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
                        Petit Mouchoir looks the stand out bet in this market, especially with the question marks against all the others at the head of the market
                        PM gets a good mention in Paul Ferguson's book and they are going chasing. Matt Tombs does say in the book that the only thing stopping him having an ante post bet on PM for the Arkle are the vibes that gigginstown may step him up in trip.

Comment

Always get the impression if O'Leary has a two miler it is by accident.

Comment

Just Ordered Mine Paul Ferguson book other day. Hopefully wont be long till its here. Looking forward to Jumps again soon.

Comment

Glad its not that far away now

Comment

Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
                                Just Ordered Mine Paul Ferguson book other day. Hopefully wont be long till its here. Looking forward to Jumps again soon.
                                It's the first time I've bought it. I prefer One Jump Ahead but it has put me in the mood for the jumps.

Comment

Working...
                                X