Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkle 2018

No problems, dont blame me when its all a load of tosh though!!! It did come from their mouths though!

PP have "Grand Sancy" priced up at 20's for the Triumph

Quote Originally Posted by billymag View Post
    No problems, dont blame me when its all a load of tosh though!!! It did come from their mouths though!
    Good man. Shoot the messanger haha

I'm really excited about Lough Derg Spirit. He disappointed I the end didn't he but the way he took a hurdle, if he can translate that to a fence he might be gaining lengths at each fence ... wish would be a bonus in this race!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Good man. Shoot the messanger haha

I'm really excited about Lough Derg Spirit. He disappointed I the end didn't he but the way he took a hurdle, if he can translate that to a fence he might be gaining lengths at each fence ... wish would be a bonus in this race!
    I still really like Lough Derg Spirit. I can see him being a cliff horse for me already and like you say he showed superb jumping at times last year. A word of caution though...

At Hendersons Open Day last Easter I asked Nick Dr Boinville if there was anything wrong at Aintree after pulling up when well beat and he said along the lines of

He was never right BUT don't expect to see him go left handed again anytime soon
    So if be very cautious on backing him for Cheltenham. I don't have it to hand but I'm also pretty sure Jeremiah McGrath says he needs a right handed track as well in Paul Ferguson's book (though the horse is still in his to follow list)

I imagine the likes of Sandown and especially Kempton will be where we see him over fences

Hadn't picked up on that but worth knowing! Maybe be a distortion horse by the end of the season!

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Phenomenal insight that Billy, very much appreciated and hats off for sharing
    I couldn't put it any better than that , agreed , Thanks billy.

Thanks for putting that up Billy. Much appreciated

Top insight billy, thanks very much

Thanks Billy.

Keep the info coming.

I'm off work for a few weeks so I've decided to watch the 2017 festival back again.

Wrt Ballyandy - I had forgotten what a horrible time of it he had in the Supreme. He made a slight mistake at the 2nd and badly lost his position as a result; then not long afterwards he clipped heels and nearly came down. He still managed to finish 4th, closing on River Wylde up the hill.

He is of interest to me, especially as Billy had been told he goes novice chasing.
    Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 09-05-2017 at 01:52 PM.