Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkle 2018

Hobbs stated he'd be staying over hurdles on July 10th.

JP can of course decide otherwise (as they did with the world hurdle being Yanworths target according to King only to then go for the champion hurdle and avoid UNWIMH) but I got my copy of Jumpers to Follow today and Paul states:

Though he has the scope for fences. DDS is set to remain over hurdles and the 2m division doesn't look the deepest
    So you'd assume that's still the plan for now

Cheers Jono. I'm going to order mine tonight.

JP likes the old 1-2 in Champion Hurdle ...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Vic View Post
    JP likes the old 1-2 in Champion Hurdle ...
    MTOY will eat DDS for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by paz247 View Post
    Hi Welshman great to have a new face on board
    A quick browse through the market, Defi looks worthy fav based on hurdles form but one for me at a bigger price is William Henry for Nicky Henderson, good hurdles form, looks every inch a chaser and looks like 2miles could be perfect for him over fences
    I like this shout paz. 33/1 with bet365. Has always been highly thought of since his bumper days. Would have Davy onboard which is always a plus too...

In respect of finding likely runners - Has anything been said on what the plan is with Ballyandy going forward?

Didn't quite live up to expectations last year after winning the Champion Bumper in 2016 but still managed to win a Betfair Hurdle and come 4th in the Supreme, a race where I had completely forgotten he went off joint 3/1 fav! Watching the race back again he looked to get outpaced and was losing ground at almost every hurdle BUT despite all that and being hampered several times early on he did well to finish 4th.

He does look like he has the scope for fences so it might be what he needs. I can't see him making ANY impression in open company over hurdles and with the likes of Buveur D'Air and Defi de Seuil ready to mop up most of the English trial races it's not like NTD can do a 'New One' and mop of the grade 2/3 CH trials through the season.

If he does go chasing then I can only see the Arkle or the JLT as options.

Ballandy is going chasing

Cheers billy. He's by no means a fancy at this stage but i'm interested to see how he gets on

These are the ones i know about from our Million in Mind Stable visit at the start of August Alan King

DUSKY LEGEND going Nov Chasing
    YANWORTH Chasing 2m4 - 3m hadn’t schooled yet
    MIDNIGHT TOUR hurdling but will have to step up into graded
    Dark horse POTTERMAN who won a Hunt bumper end of May

Paul Nicholls
    FRODON ( could be one for Down Royal)
    VICENTE will run through the winter on ground he hates then hopefully gets good ground for the Scottish National

These are all going nov chasing, DREAM CATCHING, MOVEWITHTHETIMES, MODUS

Dark horses DENSFIRTH 4 year old unrated + GRAND SANCY (i can’t find him on RP database so could of spelt wrong or misheard the name)

Nigel
    BLACKLION - National again, traditional route probably Beechers first
    BALLYANDY - Novice Chasing
    WHOLESTONE + BALLYOPTIC may go chasing but a little concerned about thier jumping so may stay over hurdles

He hopes THE NEW ONE can get to 1 million in prize money and will try and win races with him, he accepts the horse isn’t quite what he used to be.

Warren
    THE NIPPER + LE BAGUE AU ROI nov chasing
    WESTERN RYDER he felt was very unlucky at Aintree and is going Nov hurd and he expects him to be contesting the best Nov races come the end of the season
    PETICOTE TAILS nov hurdling
    Dark horse THE BUTCHER SAID bumper then, nov hurdling, he was excited by him.

Oliver
    PUFFIN BILLY will try him again over fences needs to go RH on Soft
    THE ORGANIST hopes she is back in October back over hurdles but needs to talk to connections before a decision can be made. With a full season over hurdles I would be tempted to back her for the mares race if i could get 50/1 when she’s priced up.
    Dark horse JERSEY BEAN

NICKY
    All the big three done great over the summer, he reports that MIGHT BITE may go for the 1m bonus
    ALTIOR all roads will hopefully lead to The Champ Chase, he thinks he is quick enough to win at listed class on the flat. He is hoping that he doesn’t meet Douvan till Chelt, interestingly he said he has a feeling that they might step Douvan up, which grabbed my attention.
    BUVEUR D will stay hurdling as will MTOY who he thinks should take on THE NEW ONE in a special veterans race!
    LAMI SERGE needs to go left handed and will go down the 3 mile hurdling route. 20/1 for the stayers hurdle isn’t too far off a backable price for me, in fact I’ve taken a small bit of 23/1 that was available on the exchanges, but i accept the risks that go with backing this horse!
    TOP NOTCH might be campaigned more in France this season.
    Nicky mentioned all these for Novice Chasing RIVER WYLDE, LOUGH DERG SPIRIT, LOUGH DERG FARMER, CONSTANTINE BAY and FIX LE KAP.
    When asked about JERKINS he spoke about the horse not enjoying jumping and his disappointment of how last year went coz he was one of the best bumper horses he has trained. He said they had tinkered with his wind and “a few other things” but needs to come back to form.
    CLAIMANTAKINFORGAN and he goes nov hurdling.
    The one thing i took out of Nickys info was out of all his Novice Chasers for next year he seemed most keen on FIX LE KAP, better on soft ground but he was the one that he gave a special mention to and will be aimed 2m 4f - 3m

Phenomenal insight that Billy, very much appreciated and hats off for sharing