Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    Never assume he will, after all, on the back of the sad news regarding Fayonagh I just hope the best horses actually make it to the festival.
    I agree. Assuming any novice will 'take all the beating' when we're only in October and most of the competition have yet to run, is ambitious.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
      I agree. Assuming any novice will 'take all the beating' when we're only in October and most of the competition have yet to run, is ambitious.
      Just my view. But he forms there already to see on novice chasers, the arkle/ jlt 2nds as far back as I can remember wouldn't get near petit mouchoir over Hurdles, obviously it's important that it's a different discipline, but I can't see him being noticeably worse over fences as I was particularly impressed by his jumping, especially correcting himself at the last.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• After tomorrow theres only chacun, river wylde, brain power, footpad, pingshou could come back, I like bleu berry.
        unless something like Destin d'ajonc/ chameron go chasing (lost there novice status over hurdles) there would be nothing that particularly worries me in this years arkle. Some cracking prices to be had. So many runners in this market staying over hurdles.
        Last edited by Scooby91; 26 October 2017, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Melon
          Charli Parcs
          Divin bere
          Cilaos emery
          Jenkins
          Defi
          Mount news
          Chtibello
          Mr big shot
          Air horse one
          Defi de seuil
          Pingshou (could revert to fences)
          All stay over hurdles.

Bacardys
          Modus
          Yanworth
          Death duty
          Tombstone
          Wait for me
          Ballyandy
          Willoughby court
          Bamako moriviere
          Give me a copper
          Rather be
          Rathvinden
          All need further than 2 miles
          Last edited by Scooby91; 26 October 2017, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Melon
            Charli Parcs
            Divin bere
            Cilaos emery
            Jenkins
            Defi
            Mount news
            Chtibello
            Mr big shot
            Air horse one
            Defi de seuil
            Pingshou (could revert to fences)
            All stay over hurdles.

Bacardys
            Modus
            Yanworth
            Death duty
            Tombstone
            Wait for me
            Ballyandy
            Willoughby court
            Bamako moriviere
            Give me a copper
            Rather be
            Rathvinden
            All need further than 2 miles
            You missed Finians Oscar who needs further but wins this with ease

People who don't have 1pt at 20/1 on FO will rue the fact the loaf told them Potts will put this in the wrong race ... And he can't be out the 3
            Last edited by Kevloaf; 27 October 2017, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• It will take a very decent performance for Sceau Royal to win giving his two market principles 5lb, but if he does go close and fail to win dont throw away your tickets, connections are building to the spring festivals and wont be bottoming their horses in late October there will be more to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                You missed Finians Oscar who needs further but wins this with ease

People who don't have 1pt at 20/1 on FO will rue the fact the loaf told them Potts will put this in the wrong race ... And he can't be out the 3
                Given what Scooby listed above you'd have to feel the 14/1 about Finian's Oscar is still a fair price, as stated previously, this race has a tendency to fall apart, and I do believe that IF, and it is a big IF for me, Finian's Oscar does turn up he'll be the one who could potentially stop PM, but other than that I have no listed dangers, this based purely on hurdles form and PM's debut over fences of course, still a LONG way to go mind!

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                  It will take a very decent performance for Sceau Royal to win giving his two market principles 5lb, but if he does go close and fail to win dont throw away your tickets, connections are building to the spring festivals and wont be bottoming their horses in late October there will be more to come.
                  Providing neither MWTT or SR are well beaten today the losing connections should still be able to pick out the positives.

Comment

Given what Scooby listed above you'd have to feel the 14/1 about Finian's Oscar is still a fair price, as stated previously, this race has a tendency to fall apart, and I do believe that IF, and it is a big IF for me, Finian's Oscar does turn up he'll be the one who could potentially stop PM, but other than that I have no listed dangers, this based purely on hurdles form and PM's debut over fences of course, still a LONG way to go mind!
                    If you did want to back finians for the arkle, I'd atleast wait for his next entries, they may or may not be all over 2m4 . And if be surprised if he shortened inbetween.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      If you did want to back finians for the arkle, I'd atleast wait for his next entries, they may or may not be all over 2m4 . And if be surprised if he shortened inbetween.
                      I already took my chances at 20s.... but I read back Colin Tizzard's stable tour today "He came with a big reputation last year and has fulfilled that in spades. He is a beautiful horse. Robbie Power schooled him and you would have thought he was a handicap chaser. He could easily end up as an Arkle horse, as he is not short of pace. There is the JLT at Cheltenham now, but the more prestigious race is the Arkle."

I can't get out of my head that Potts and Tizzard both value the Arkle so much more than the JLT.

Comment

I already took my chances at 20s.... but I read back Colin Tizzard's stable tour today "He came with a big reputation last year and has fulfilled that in spades. He is a beautiful horse. Robbie Power schooled him and you would have thought he was a handicap chaser. He could easily end up as an Arkle horse, as he is not short of pace. There is the JLT at Cheltenham now, but the more prestigious race is the Arkle."

I can't get out of my head that Potts and Tizzard both value the Arkle so much more than the JLT.
                        Kev, I fully expect them to go for the race they feel he has the best chance in, and for that reason the Arkle is now standing out to me also, as it does general lack numbers!

Comment

Kev, I fully expect them to go for the race they feel he has the best chance in, and for that reason the Arkle is now standing out to me also, as it does general lack numbers!
                          I don't want anyone to think, that I believe he is best suited to the Arkle. If it was a 1 horse race, a time-trial, I'd expect him to put up a better time relative to 'standard' in the JLT - but IF the JLT looks a more competitive race, I can't see why they'd go for a tougher, less prestigious race, even if it may suit the horse more. It isn't like they don't KNOW he would stay further, they would surely make use of him and get him bowling along?

On to today though, I think you guys are right and both could emerge with some credit. You'd certainly expect MWTT to be ready to rock and roll first time out, and Sceau Royal has the benefit of the run.

Now that the prices are 6/4 & 7/4 I think Sceau Royal is the 'known' quantity and I should side with him in this race today.

I wonder if a MWTT Arkle Ballyandy JLT double is worth a few scheckles

Comment

I don't want anyone to think, that I believe he is best suited to the Arkle. If it was a 1 horse race, a time-trial, I'd expect him to put up a better time relative to 'standard' in the JLT - but IF the JLT looks a more competitive race, I can't see why they'd go for a tougher, less prestigious race, even if it may suit the horse more. It isn't like they don't KNOW he would stay further, they would surely make use of him and get him bowling along?

On to today though, I think you guys are right and both could emerge with some credit. You'd certainly expect MWTT to be ready to rock and roll first time out, and Sceau Royal has the benefit of the run.

Now that the prices are 6/4 & 7/4 I think Sceau Royal is the 'known' quantity and I should side with him in this race today.

I personally would fancy sceau royal to win today, however on prices alone if it is deemed to be a 2 horse race, and North hill Harvey drifts out to 7s , which is possible, I will have a small ew play on him with the 2 places.
                            I wouldn't touch him for the arkle however,

If movewiththetimes won with a bit in hand, which I really don't believe he can do. I would have to back him for the arkle at 20s.

Comment

• Kev are you not worried by FO's jumping technique? Based on their last runs I think PM would take many lengths out of FO over the course of a 2 mile race. Of course FO is entitled to improve, but I don't think it's a certainty?

Comment

If that double came in i would give up the game!

Comment

Working...
                                X