Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far I have:
    1pt Finians Oscar 16/1
    2pts Finians Oscar 14/1
    1.25pt Petit Mouchior 12/1
    0.75pt Petit Mouchior 10/1
    1pt Petit Mouchior 10/1 any race
    1pt Sceau Royale 33/1

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      So far I have:
      1pt Finians Oscar 16/1
      2pts Finians Oscar 14/1
      1.25pt Petit Mouchior 12/1
      0.75pt Petit Mouchior 10/1
      1pt Petit Mouchior 10/1 any race
      1pt Sceau Royale 33/1
      Very nice FM

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
        Very nice FM
        I'm not sure TB, time will tell. I'd be delighted if 2 of them turned up on the day.

Comment

I'm not sure TB, time will tell. I'd be delighted if 2 of them turned up on the day.
          Nice book though all the same FM , all won impressively with more to come. Unless something comes from left wing you should get great run for your money.

Comment

Finians Oscar 16/1 any race 8s
            Sceau royal 33/1
            Petit mouchoir any race 12/1 10/1
            Brain power 20/1
            Footpad 16/1 any race
            River wylde 25/1
            Chacun pour soi 25/1

Just the 7 for me Obviously assuming atleast 1 of the any race horse won't run here.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Finians Oscar 16/1 any race 8s
              Sceau royal 33/1
              Petit mouchoir any race 12/1 10/1
              Brain power 20/1
              Footpad 16/1 any race
              River wylde 25/1
              Chacun pour soi 25/1

Just the 7 for me Obviously assuming atleast 1 of the any race horse won't run here.
              You don't mess about Scooby.

My worry with Petit Mouchior is that I feel he's one defeat from being stepped up in trip and he'll have to have a series of 1's next to his name to line up in the Arkle. He's a bloody good horse though.

Comment

• 2.10 Arkle Chase Finian's Oscar 16/1 10 pts
                2.10 Arkle Chase Petit Mouchoir 16/1 1.5 pts ew
                2.10 Any race Petit Mouchoir 10/1 2 pts
                2.10 Arkle Chase Sceau Royal 33/1 1 pt e/w
                2.10 Arkle Chase Cilaos Emery 20/1 1 pt
                2.10 Arkle Chase River Wylde 25/1 0.5 pts e/w
                2.10 Arkle Chase Movewiththetimes 25/1 freebet win only
                2.10 Arkle Chase Shantou Rock 40/1 0.5 pts e/w

7 as well.... met my match scooby haha

Still absolutely of the opinion FO will end up here despite it being the wrong race for him having the best chance in.

Comment

• I wouldn't worry about the 1s they will keep coming, but the owners policy is 3 mile chasers. Hopefully they are convinced 2 stay at 2 miles by his odds reflecting his chances, arkle there for the taking. Forgot I backed pingshou at 90.0 also, in case he reverts back.
                  Jlt is an extremely hot division

Comment

• Noticed in Hendersons stable tour he writes that River Wylde should get further. Another possibly to miss this?

Comment

• I seen that on atr, If he's good enough he'll go here. I don't rate him at all tbh but at 25s he's a runner, plenty of pace, travelled well in the supreme, needs to improve for fences.
                      Take out defi, melon, labaik , charli parcs, divin bere

It was a poor crop of 2 mile novices last year. And the best of them arent running here, Won't take much winning,
                      Last edited by Scooby91; 18 October 2017, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I seen that on atr, If he's good enough he'll go here. I don't rate him at all tbh but at 25s he's a runner, plenty of pace, travelled well in the supreme, needs to improve for fences.
                        Take out defi, melon, labaik , charli parcs, divin bere

It was a poor crop of 2 mile novices last year. And the best of them arent running here, Won't take much winning,
                        That's what makes me think, despite breeding, that Movewiththetimes could go well here.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                          That's what makes me think, despite breeding, that Movewiththetimes could go well here.
                          Just my personal opinion but I do not like him at all. His novice form is poor, the horse's he's beat are poor and he's put no distance between them , I would have given him no chance in the supreme. Nichols with a young horse comes from the same school of optimism as Warren greatrex.
                          I just don't think he's very good at all.

Quote me in this if he wins lol.

Comment

Just my personal opinion but I do not like him at all. His novice form is poor, the horse's he's beat are poor and he's put no distance between them , I would have given him no chance in the supreme. Nichols with a young horse comes from the same school of optimism as Warren greatrex.
                            I just don't think he's very good at all.

Quote me in this if he wins lol.
                            I quite like the piece of form from the Betfair Hurdle as, by running in a competitive handicap, you can give a novice an accurate rating (146 in this case). 146 may not seem that high but at least it's a genuine rating and I'm convinced that after only 5 races there is improvement to come, even more when tackling fences.

Quote me on this when he's tailed off in March

Comment

• Cruiseaweigh, azzerti, keep in line, mirsaale, hidden cargo.
                              You can't be pushed out to beat these.
                              I'd have him nowhere near 146 tbh. They were thrown in the Betfair hurdle, primed fit and that was there day to win there big pot. Imagine hidden cargo who he was pushed out to beat, for example running in the champion hurdle with the likes of petit mouchoir they'd be tailed off and pulled up a distance behind
                              Last edited by Scooby91; 18 October 2017, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Cruiseaweigh, azzerti, keep in line, mirsaale, hidden cargo.
                                You can't be pushed out to beat these.
                                I'd have him nowhere near 146 tbh. They were thrown in the Betfair hurdle, primed fit and that was there day to win there big pot. Imagine hidden cargo who he was pushed out to beat, for example running in the champion hurdle with the likes of petit mouchoir they'd be tailed off and pulled up a distance behind
                                Those novice races you mention were educational at best so the winning distances are slightly meaningless in my eyes. The first time he had a real race was the Betfair Hurdle and although he was thrown in, he won by a distance that suggests he's around that mid-140 mark based on that run alone. Clyne and Song Light are good yardsticks in handicaps and I can't believe the rest of the field were not primed and ready for such a big pot.

Comment

Working...
                                X