Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
    At the prices, it’s Petit Mouchoir for me.

I feel Footpad, depsite lookin the best jumper for a novice I’ve seen in years, is just too short.
    If he beats PM out of sight at Leopardstown, he'll go heavily odds on. With nrnb I don't think he's terrible price

Comment

• What IF and it is a BIG IF that Footpad wins Arkle by daylight , literally pulling a bus , not had a hard race at all , more of a trot round.

Would connections consider attempting for unprecedented history making double and go for JLT two days later?

Highly unlikely I know but is it possible.

Comment

• I cant see it The Beast, connections will be just trying to educate the horse, they are ultra patient and this year is all about getting the right experience so that he can try and win grade 1s in open company next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
          What IF and it is a BIG IF that Footpad wins Arkle by daylight , literally pulling a bus , not had a hard race at all , more of a trot round.

Would connections consider attempting for unprecedented history making double and go for JLT two days later?

Highly unlikely I know but is it possible.
          0.001% at best I'd say

Comment

• Footpad would have to be 2+ stone clear of everyone else for that sort of thing to happen and given PM beat him in the CH he clearly isnt

Comment

• If Saturnas puts in an impressive display tomorrow he might shorten from the 33/1 NRNB available for the Arkle?

He did get beaten by Avenir D'Une Vie 2L on chase debut, and ADV was beaten by Demi Sang for Mullins LTO by 1L - but if he comes on for the run he's got some good hurdles form.

He was a hot fav in the Deloitte in Feb and only 1 run since.

I can see Ruby on Footpad and Townend on Saturnas in the Arkle. I'm half tempted to have a speculative punt at 33/1 NRNB each way as tomorrow he's beating horses that probably need further so he might look quite impressive and shorten...

then again, an each way bet isn't that much value if you don't think they can win!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                If Saturnas puts in an impressive display tomorrow he might shorten from the 33/1 NRNB available for the Arkle?

He did get beaten by Avenir D'Une Vie 2L on chase debut, and ADV was beaten by Demi Sang for Mullins LTO by 1L - but if he comes on for the run he's got some good hurdles form.

He was a hot fav in the Deloitte in Feb and only 1 run since.

I can see Ruby on Footpad and Townend on Saturnas in the Arkle. I'm half tempted to have a speculative punt at 33/1 NRNB each way as tomorrow he's beating horses that probably need further so he might look quite impressive and shorten...

then again, an each way bet isn't that much value if you don't think they can win!
                I think Saturn's wants further himself tbh. But would be a little down the pecking order for the jlt.
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Petit Mouchoir expected to run in the Irish Arkle according to Henry De Bromhead, will be good to see him back especially if Footpad runs as well.

Seems a long time ago now PM was the talk of this thread!

Comment

• I think the winner of the irish arkle will win at cheltenham, be interesting to see how they are both ridden as they both seem to like to bowl along.. expect FP to step on the gas 5f out and say catch me if you can.

May well be worth a bet for PM in the arkle before he runs in the irish equivilant because i doubt he will be that price on the day and money back if he doesnt turn up

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                      I think the winner of the irish arkle will win at cheltenham, be interesting to see how they are both ridden as they both seem to like to bowl along.. expect FP to step on the gas 5f out and say catch me if you can.

May well be worth a bet for PM in the arkle before he runs in the irish equivilant because i doubt he will be that price on the day and money back if he doesnt turn up
                      Makes sense Jim , PM finishes couple lengths adrift of Footpad , connections would be happy with this being first run back and improvement likely so taking price now with the concession makes sense.

Comment

• The most interesting race is at Ascot this weekend.

If Brain Power beats UDS, what price does he then become?

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                          The most interesting race is at Ascot this weekend.

Somewhere simular to sceau royal around the 6/1 mark id have thought.

Soft ground atm.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                            The most interesting race is at Ascot this weekend.

I'd guess they'd make him a clear 2nd fav... but it won't happen so don't trouble yourself

Comment

• 100/1 poke Saint Calvados runs tomorrow, 6/4 fav in a 4 runner race at Newbury

War Sound is the outsider of the field and has been beaten 6.5L by River Wylde, 28L by Brain Power and 19L by Rather Be
                              [hopefully SC beats him by 10L+]

Tree of Liberty is 2nd fav tomorrow... and won well on chase debut, only has a rating of 130 though.
                              [hopefully Kerry Lee's horse also isn't too close with that OR]

Jameson is the other runner - First time running at this distance, all other runs have been 20f over fences
                              [Not a bad horse, but SC will want to be beating him easily to make it in to Arkle company]

I will back this horse tomorrow, and am hoping for an impressive win.... giving them all weight!

Anything less than impressive the Arkle dream is over... but at 100/1 I don't care

Oddschecker feel like that too:

There was an awful lot to like about the chasing debut of SAINT CALVADOS as he jumped with aplomb over C&D at the back end of last month before striding clear with purpose to beat Remiluc by nine lengths. A 4lb rise could underestimate Harry Whittington's gelding and he looks the type to potentially prove capable of aiming higher than handicaps.

and Timeform...

Useful form over hurdles in France, landing trio of juvenile events last term, and made a successful British/chasing debut with an all-the-way win over C&D last month. Exciting prospect.

and he's the Racing Post Nap...

There may have been only two finishers when SAINT CALVADOS (nap) made a winning British/chase debut over C&D last month, but he did it in impressive fashion and there could be plenty more to come from this ex-French 5yo, who has won four of his five starts. Tree Of Liberty showed improved form when an easy winner on his recent chase/stable debut and he is feared most, while Jameson can run his usual solid race.
                              Last edited by Kevloaf; 16 January 2018, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                I'd guess they'd make him a clear 2nd fav... but it won't happen so don't trouble yourself
                                It could happen.

And it would then be the strongest piece of form in the race.

Comment

Working...
                                X