Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Competitive rather than stand out would a fair assessment. If FO wins it I certainly wouldn't bang on saying it was a weak renewal in fairness.
    I'd rather they send finians this weekend and get beat then go jlt than send him to the arkle and him power home when the winners gone.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      I'd rather they send finians this weekend and get beat then go jlt than send him to the arkle and him power home when the winners gone.
      Finians beat Capitaine (who has always been thought of as a speedster) a few lengths in the Tolworth, so I don't actually think he lacks for speed. I think it's more that his jumping has looked really slow, remains to be seen if that improves enough before March and/or if a faster pace would sharpen that up a bit

Comment

• Even IF FO comes out and beats this lot it doesn't of course tell the full story, because, as far as I am aware both Footpad & Petit Mouchoir have that field covered on hurdles form, and I know, I know, hurdles form should be taken lightly, as fences are a different proposition, but for me it stands well with my opinion.

The only way I ever change my mind, or am likely to change my mind on the form side of it is if said horse looks worse over fences, for instance Yanworth, but Footpad was flawless and Petit Mouchoir wasn't much worse either tbh.

Comment

• No reason not to run him and i think they will as they would have entered him against modus on Friday.
          Hard to use capitaine as a yardstick

Comment

• Originally posted by Robante View Post
            Finians beat Capitaine (who has always been thought of as a speedster) a few lengths in the Tolworth, so I don't actually think he lacks for speed. I think it's more that his jumping has looked really slow, remains to be seen if that improves enough before March and/or if a faster pace would sharpen that up a bit
            Trying to sum up my opinion as well as I can ...

In terms of winning the Arkle... I want him to see him win and jump quicker over 2m ASAP.

In terms of where he runs at Cheltenham, I don't think he needs to run over 2m for them to send him to the race.

I don't think anyone could be bullish about his chances of his first go over fences was in the Arkle, but I'd be (and very much am) willing to chance it at 16/1, 14/1 and 12/1. Certainly when horses are shorter and less talented

Comment

Trying to sum up my opinion as well as I can ...

In terms of winning the Arkle... I want him to see him win and jump quicker over 2m ASAP.

In terms of where he runs at Cheltenham, I don't think he needs to run over 2m for them to send him to the race.

I don't think anyone could be bullish about his chances of his first go over fences was in the Arkle, but I'd be (and very much am) willing to chance it at 16/1, 14/1 and 12/1. Certainly when horses are shorter and less talented
              They don't have to run him over 2 before festival. But they really should. I wouldn't be happy with an after the race "looks like we got that wrong" chuckle torm tizzard.
              I'd give him all the credit in the world if he won.

Comment

They don't have to run him over 2 before festival. But they really should. I wouldn't be happy with an after the race "looks like we got that wrong" chuckle torm tizzard.
                I'd give him all the credit in the world if he won.
                Yeah pretty much exactly what I'm saying. Can see him wining and can see them admitting they got things wrong haha

Comment

• As PM was, and probably still is, one of my big hopes for the festival I have been keeping an eye on the exchanges about him, and his price, in the last couple of weeks has continued to contract very gradually. He has also come in for significant money too, since he's been sat in his box nearly £2k has been matched on him.

I find this very positive, even if we are not likely to see him on a race course for a while yet, he must be doing bits at home, as I can't imagine the savvy punters who use the exchanges ploughing into a horse whose well being is a relative unknown to the public anyway.

Comment

• Big chaang
                    Finians oscar drifting with betfair and paddy power for this 14-1 now, and shortened up in the j.l.t. 5-1 , ladbrokes and coral too.

Footpad / brain power shortening up for this aswell.

Finians going blue across the board for the jlt

Comment

Big chaang
                      Finians oscar drifting with betfair and paddy power for this 14-1 now, and shortened up in the j.l.t. 5-1 , ladbrokes and coral too.

Footpad / brain power shortening up for this aswell.

Finians going blue across the board for the jlt
                      I think that'll be people reading too much in to the fact he's avoided the Arkle clash tomorrow, when he was never a likely runner... but I would see it that way wouldn't I

Comment

I think that'll be people reading too much in to the fact he's avoided the Arkle clash tomorrow, when he was never a likely runner... but I would see it that way wouldn't I
                        Not avoiding it, he's been entered!!! Tizzard doing a Mullins, well the opposite, so there must be uproar now, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                          Not avoiding it, he's been entered!!! Tizzard doing a Mullins, well the opposite, so there must be uproar now, right?
                          Well that is brilliant and exciting! Uproar for doing the opposite? :P anyway, leaving that stuff aside....

OBVIOUSLY brilliant news in terms of this being the target in the long run..... and I imagine I will know one way or the other what the target will be after the race...

Comment

• I wonder if he is running tomorrow because of Robbie Power riding the same day on Fox Norton....

I can't even describe how excited I am..... Brain Power, Capitaine, Finian's Oscar, North Hill Harvey, Sceau Royal declared ..... will my bubble get burst

Comment

I wonder if he is running tomorrow because of Robbie Power riding the same day on Fox Norton....

I can't even describe how excited I am..... Brain Power, Capitaine, Finian's Oscar, North Hill Harvey, Sceau Royal declared ..... will my bubble get burst
                              Made my weekend. Really hope Finian's wins, yet even if he does he would still go up against Footpad and Petit Mouchoir if in the Arkle with question marks as their form over hurdles was superior to the lot he's facing tomorrow. One thing is for sure for me, if Brain Power doesn't win tomorrow then he has zero chance at the festival

Comment

I wonder if he is running tomorrow because of Robbie Power riding the same day on Fox Norton....

Your bubble will burst. But you'll have the winner covered.

He was always going to be declared wasn't he?
                                That s why he's been pushed out.

Comment

Working...
                                X