Page 86 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkle 2018

I think Mullins' best chance to win the Arkle and JLT would be Footpad Arkle and 'Whatever else' in the JLT.... as he doesn't have any standout 2 milers in that division that I can fathom.

Wouldn't worry ....

Footpad would have to get beaten in the Irish Arkle for them to consider switching to the JLT imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Footpad would have to get beaten in the Irish Arkle for them to consider switching to the JLT imo.
    i hope your right FM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Completely agree with you on that FM. Absolutely no worry myself that Footpad will be lining up on the Tuesday, bar a comprehensive defeat in the Irish Arkle. I see no sense in going up in trip for the JLT and connections have history for running several in the same race.

Another small update on Petit Mouchoir today:

The Frank Ward Solicitors Arkle Novice Chase on February 3rd is firmly on his agenda.

"I'm hoping he's still on course for Leopardstown," De Bromhead told At The Races.

"He seems good. He cantered away nicely the other morning and fingers crossed he seems good at the moment."
    For backers of Footpad there may be a few small remaining doubts for this race (not necessarily ones i have) in Petit Mouchoir returning, the ground, large field sizes (if the case this year) but whether he runs in this race - should not be one.

At the prices, it’s Petit Mouchoir for me.

I feel Footpad, depsite lookin the best jumper for a novice I’ve seen in years, is just too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
    At the prices, it’s Petit Mouchoir for me.

I feel Footpad, depsite lookin the best jumper for a novice I’ve seen in years, is just too short.
    If he beats PM out of sight at Leopardstown, he'll go heavily odds on. With nrnb I don't think he's terrible price

What IF and it is a BIG IF that Footpad wins Arkle by daylight , literally pulling a bus , not had a hard race at all , more of a trot round.

Would connections consider attempting for unprecedented history making double and go for JLT two days later?

Highly unlikely I know but is it possible.

I cant see it The Beast, connections will be just trying to educate the horse, they are ultra patient and this year is all about getting the right experience so that he can try and win grade 1s in open company next year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    What IF and it is a BIG IF that Footpad wins Arkle by daylight , literally pulling a bus , not had a hard race at all , more of a trot round.

Would connections consider attempting for unprecedented history making double and go for JLT two days later?

Highly unlikely I know but is it possible.
    0.001% at best I'd say

Footpad would have to be 2+ stone clear of everyone else for that sort of thing to happen and given PM beat him in the CH he clearly isnt