Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Jono, saved me a few bob

Comment

Ha ha, I always thought that imogi was you raising a glass to someone, then as I pressed for the reply realised it’s very drunk.
      Well only a few hours too early

Comment

Anyone else uneasy that this was announced through a bookmaker? You'd like to think that Unibet might refund recent bets on Might Bite in lieu of any proof as to when they knew.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
          Anyone else uneasy that this was announced through a bookmaker? You'd like to think that Unibet might refund recent bets on Might Bite in lieu of any proof as to when they knew.
          I'm not keen on the whole Jockey/ Trainer and Bookmaker relationships tbh. Why can't these jockeys or trainers find third party sponsorship from the media, rather than appear to be in cahoots with the bookies.

I'm not suggesting foul play but information must be shared that isn't in the public domain.

Comment

Not sure if he has been mentioned as a potential Gold Cup horse on here but what about Cloudy Dream as a possible outsider? Plenty of horses have ran well the Arkle and improved massively for the step up in trip (Kicking King, War of Attrition etc).

He's available at huge prices on the exchanges

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              Not sure if he has been mentioned as a potential Gold Cup horse on here but what about Cloudy Dream as a possible outsider? Plenty of horses have ran well the Arkle and improved massively for the step up in trip (Kicking King, War of Attrition etc).

He's available at huge prices on the exchanges
              That run just now by Cloudy Dream would go along with thoughts about going over 3 miles. Running on again at the end there. He's always just looked below top class but 3 miles might be what he needs. Would not put anyone off big prices after that run at all.

Jumped and travelled like a horse who would appreciate the longer trip today for me

Comment

Agreed, looks like he could be a stayer to me. Could he do what Sizing John did last season, and improve massively for a step up in trip

Comment

Sizing John taking a walk on the exchanges, 9/1 currently, was as short as 11/2 yesterday, impending news? Or maybe Our Duke tanks all over him at home

Strange!

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    Sizing John taking a walk on the exchanges, 9/1 currently, was as short as 11/2 yesterday, impending news? Or maybe Our Duke tanks all over him at home

Strange!
                    Speaking of the mighty Our Duke. He is due to reappear THIS Saturday against a battalion of Gigginstown runners, including last year's winner Valseur Lido and Outlander.

Now I'm not confident on how tuned up he'll be, but I am so hopeful he can put diem an early marker! It won't be time to tear up the slips of he is beaten but it'll be a hammer blow in my mind!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Speaking of the mighty Our Duke. He is due to reappear THIS Saturday against a battalion of Gigginstown runners, including last year's winner Valseur Lido and Outlander.

Now I'm not confident on how tuned up he'll be, but I am so hopeful he can put diem an early marker! It won't be time to tear up the slips of he is beaten but it'll be a hammer blow in my mind!
                      I spent a lot of Saturday night following a rare QPR win drunkenly boring my other football attending horse racing pal about how Our Duke was the one, don't want to look too foolish now

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
                        I spent a lot of Saturday night following a rare QPR win drunkenly boring my other football attending horse racing pal about how Our Duke was the one, don't want to look too foolish now
                        General 8/1 at the moment... two spots of 9/1.

Trying to talk myself out of topping up

Comment

• I sense a growing sustained confidence around Our Duke from people in the know (stable) bookies and pundits , he could be vying for favoritism if he wins well this weekend.

Comment

• Where is he running ?.

Comment

• Down Royal ... 2.30 on Saturday

Comment

• Thankyou . must watch it !.

Comment

Working...
                                X