Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
    Hey doc , you been on the funny pills lol
    He's got more chance of winning the GC than Bristol De Mai thats for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
      Willie Mullins not bothered about Douvan getting the GC trip because he's got the winner in the stable....Acapella Bourgeois
      I got some big prices on the exchange for AB with the thought process that if its a heavy ground gold cup he'd have a chance.... a week later he got shortened to 25/1 because the news came out he'd moved to Mullins.

So we can cheer him on together ..... that and do a rain dance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        I got some big prices on the exchange for AB with the thought process that if its a heavy ground gold cup he'd have a chance.... a week later he got shortened to 25/1 because the news came out he'd moved to Mullins.

So we can cheer him on together ..... that and do a rain dance.
        It wouldn't be a confident pick for me Kev, I'm expecting WM to get a real tune out of the horse now its out of SH hands. Our Duke is still my pick for the race.
        Last edited by doctorwu; 13 November 2017, 05:23 PM.

Comment

It wouldn't be a confident pick for me Kev, I'm expecting WM to get a real tune out of the horse now its out of SH hands. Our Duke is still my pick for the race.
          Yes he'll certainly improve for the switch to Willie , but I do think the bookies have over reacted.

I haven't changed my opinion from my opening post still

Comment

• Did I mis-hear that?

Did Nicky Henderson say Might Bite might run in the Ryanair? I wasn't listening properly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Did I mis-hear that?

Did Nicky Henderson say Might Bite might run in the Ryanair? I wasn't listening properly!
              I genuinely thought thats where he may end up. But henderson said He will see how he gets on in the king george in terms of stamina " i can't believe that would mean he would end up in the ryanair, but you never know"
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• If he wins the King George (which I fully expect he will), no chance he doesn't go for this

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                  If he wins the King George (which I fully expect he will), no chance he doesn't go for this
                  Very likely he would go GC . But I don't think he wants 3m2 round Cheltenham at all. Thistlecrack, sizing john, disko would be the 3 for me. But deffinately not at current prices. They all go king george, I'd be hoping might bite wins the king george then I'd be backing2 out of the other 3 after a drift. Simular to don cossack.
                  Won't be having a bet in this race any time soon.

Also would have a hunch douvan could very well go to the GC IF sound.

Yorkhill might bite would make the market for me in an ideal world. I think both will go here but couldn't have either. The shorter prices The better.

If you conveniently rule out his last run, I think our duke will stay on well simular to minella Rocco but wouldn't have to pace to be right up in contention to win for me.
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 13 November 2017, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• Our Duke, a 14/1 chance with Sky Bet for the Cheltenham Gold Cup in March, needs time on the sidelines after Jessica Harrington said last season's Irish Grand National winner has undergone an operation on his back.

Harrington believes a back problem contributed to the seven-year-old's disappointing return at Down Royal, when he beat just one horse in the JNwine.com Champion Chase on November 4.

His trainer told Racing UK: "He had an operation and hopefully he'll be back for the Irish Gold Cup at Leopardstown at the beginning of February.

"He also scoped dirty after the race (at Down Royal) but the fact he never jumped a fence was probably more down to the back problem."

Comment

• Easy to strike a line through then ... harder to be bullish about claims as he's now on quite a tight schedule and will only have one run before the gold cup and it'll be a competitive heat!

Comment

Willie Mullins not bothered about Douvan getting the GC trip because he's got the winner in the stable....Acapella Bourgeois
                        I don't think WM has what it takes to train a GC winner, there will always be 1 or 2 better staying chasers out there. His poorest judgement was for 3 years he thought Djakadam could win.

Comment

• Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                          I don't think WM has what it takes to train a GC winner, there will always be 1 or 2 better staying chasers out there. His poorest judgement was for 3 years he thought Djakadam could win.
                          Think that's a tad harsh. Poor judgement for finishing 2nd twice and 4th once? Basically every other trainer who didn't win it then has poor judgement, worse than Willie infact. That's a lot of the 'best' trainers who have poor judgement too!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            Think that's a tad harsh. Poor judgement for finishing 2nd twice and 4th once? Basically every other trainer who didn't win it then has poor judgement, worse than Willie infact. That's a lot of the 'best' trainers who have poor judgement too!
                            Looking at it COD I think I was a bit harsh on Djakadam.
                            Last edited by loveracing; 21 November 2017, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                              Acapella out in the Troytown this weekend. I fully expect him to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                Djakadam stopped Champagne Fever taking his chance and that one would have had a chance...

Comment

Working...
                                X