Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
    It's that heavy ground run that worries me with SJ....
    I’m willing to forgive him that last run Ista, I think it came too soon after the John Durkan for SJ & Djakadam. SJ was very impressive in the John Durkan so I’ll take a chance on forgiving him the run last time out.

Comment

• Sean, I’ll forgive any horse a poor run but he finished the course and on very deep ground that is an horrific trend to overcome in the Gold Cup (as was discussed some weeks ago)

Comment

• Hopefully the fact that he’ll have had 11 weeks to get over that run will make a difference. Jessys very good at prepping horses for a big run.

Comment

• Even if Sizing John runs up to last year’s form I’d be surprised if that’s enough to win it this time. Minella Rocco was closing last year and even though I like him and expect his best run in the Gold Cup again this year, Minella Rocco has been put in his place this season, notably by Road To Respect. Add in Might Bite, Killultagh Vic and I would think Sizing John would need a better effort to win this time round. He’s surely not got that in his locker, especially after his prep this time round

Comment

• I am surprised Sizing John isn't getting more support. The Christmas Chase came too soon, Jesse said it and the horse returned 'clinically abnormal' after the race. He is now fine and will have had nearly 3 months to prep for the race. He will more than likely get his ground generally performs very well when fresh. 7/1

Comment

• I think looking at horses that have won back to back Gold Cups you are talking about a very elite group.

In fairness to sizing john he won the 3 "gold cups" which hadn't ever been done ...

It does look a stronger renewal to me. I'm not dismissing Sizing John but I've not seem him at an attractive price yet this season

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                I think looking at horses that have won back to back Gold Cups you are talking about a very elite group.

In fairness to sizing john he won the 3 "gold cups" which hadn't ever been done ...

It does look a stronger renewal to me. I'm not dismissing Sizing John but I've not seem him at an attractive price yet this season
                I think you'e answered your own question there Kev , Sizing john winning the 3 gold cups , even if it was just the chelt's
                one , i think the Bookies were never going to give anything away on him this year.

Comment

• Change of plan for Total Recall who now goes here ahead of his National tilt!

Comment

• Shouldn’t really win having narrowly beaten Whisper in the Ladbrokes Trophy receiving weight- would require a lot of improvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                      Change of plan for Total Recall who now goes here ahead of his National tilt!
                      Oh dear. I cashed out my wife's £20 at 50/1 a few weeks ago, telling her he had absolutely no chance. I'll never hear the end of it if TR wins the GC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        Oh dear. I cashed out my wife's £20 at 50/1 a few weeks ago, telling her he had absolutely no chance. I'll never hear the end of it if TR wins the GC.
                        Tell her it is still on and you're £20 up

Total Recall has absolutely no hope at all of winning the Gold Cup, or placing, on ANY of his form whatsoever.

Unbelievably over hyped for winning the Hennessy off a low weight.

Pulls way to hard to get home even if he was good enough, which he isn't. He isn't a boat either. Literally no chance. I'd give you 50/1 still

Comment

• NTD on Blaklion: "If he wins by miles, then we may have to think about the Gold Cup"

Maybe not all is lost for those with Blaklion tickets just yet!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            NTD on Blaklion: "If he wins by miles, then we may have to think about the Gold Cup"

Maybe not all is lost for those with Blaklion tickets just yet!
                            Come on the lion!!!

Comment

• There is hope!!! Small but still :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Tell her it is still on and you're £20 up

Total Recall has absolutely no hope at all of winning the Gold Cup, or placing, on ANY of his form whatsoever.

Unbelievably over hyped for winning the Hennessy off a low weight.

Pulls way to hard to get home even if he was good enough, which he isn't. He isn't a boat either. Literally no chance. I'd give you 50/1 still
                                Fully concur.

Comment

Working...
                                X