Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like Whisper is well held at Grade 1 level and I personally wouldn't want him onside at current odds of 20/1 best price. I can't see any way you could have him getting ahead of Might Bite and although there is no disgrace in that, it isn't like Might Bite is a 'good thing' in the Gold Cup. .... if MB didn't drift Whisper was absolutely walloped in the RSA?

I also don't think he'll be any shorter on the day?

Comment

• Sizing John did that well today and looked impressive.
      Shortened across the board and current favourite as a result.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zipiter View Post
        Sizing John did that well today and looked impressive.
        Shortened across the board and current favourite as a result.
        Did it very well. Deserved fav
        A little suprised he shortened so much as he's not the "sexy" horse but hes about the right price compared to his chances now. No matter what he does i wouldnt of thought he'd go much shorter than 3/1 on the day. But you never know.
        Last edited by Scooby91; 10 December 2017, 01:56 PM.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          Did it very well. Deserved fav
          A little suprised he shortened so much as he's not the "sexy" horse but hes about the right price compared to his chances now. No matter what he does i wouldnt of thought he'd go much shorter than 3/1 on the day. But you never know.
          A clash with Yorkhill in the Lexus doesn't seem likely, but Jessie didn't entirely rule it out. Most likely will clash in Irish Gold Cup if nothing goes amiss. Interesting Willie said Djakadam will now try and avoid him, until Cheltenham anyway, I wonder will that apply to Yorkhill too? Hope not, what better way to see if he's Gold Cup class than to pitch him against last years winner.

Comment

• SFP - I reckon he could go for the Ultimo at Cheltz again in March, so close last year and hopefully a better horse this year

Comment

• I see someone's requested samcro to win the gold cup by 2023 in the oddschecker gold cup market at 8/1. atleast you've got a recurring bet at each year he dosent win for 8/1.

Comment

• Jessica Harrington reports Our Duke to be recovering well after undergoing a back operation following his disappointing reappearance at Down Royal.

A bit of hope for the Our Duke supporters of which I am one

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                  http://www.attheraces.com/news/2017/...ecourse-return

A bit of hope for the Our Duke supporters of which I am one
                  Perfectly valid reason to put a line through that win.... if he bounces back in his next race (I'm sure they'll find something fairly soft?) then he's a huge player here still. I think the price is very fair even now... compared to Might Bite.

Comment

• Yorkhill also holds entries in the Ryanair Hurdle over two miles and the three-mile*Squared Financial Christmas Hurdle, but Mullins appears keen to test him over three miles over fences in a race formerly known as the Lexus Chase, setting up a potentially mouthwatering clash with Cheltenham Gold Cup hero Sizing John.

Explaining his decision not to run in the John Durkan Memorial Chase at Punchestown on Sunday, Mullins told the Irish Times: "He probably would have run except it was right-handed. Opportunities left-handed are a little harder to get for a horse like him. But Leopardstown at Christmas looks a good possibility. His pedigree is all staying and I imagine he'll go for the longer trip alright. I imagine that (Leopardstown Christmas Chase) will be it. He fine and I'm happy with him."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Yorkhill also holds entries in the Ryanair Hurdle over two miles and the three-mile*Squared Financial Christmas Hurdle, but Mullins appears keen to test him over three miles over fences in a race formerly known as the Lexus Chase, setting up a potentially mouthwatering clash with Cheltenham Gold Cup hero Sizing John.

Explaining his decision not to run in the John Durkan Memorial Chase at Punchestown on Sunday, Mullins told the Irish Times: "He probably would have run except it was right-handed. Opportunities left-handed are a little harder to get for a horse like him. But Leopardstown at Christmas looks a good possibility. His pedigree is all staying and I imagine he'll go for the longer trip alright. I imagine that (Leopardstown Christmas Chase) will be it. He fine and I'm happy with him."
                      Kev
                      What's your thoughts about an ew or win only bet for the CH should he get stuffed / have a poor round in the Lexus, straight after the races at 20s. Will he get another chance ?
                      Sizing john an unlikely runner. But would find out much more if he and the likes of disko/ Coney island/ djakadam were in yorkhills opposition.

Comment

• I'd be all over it for the likes of me and you who don't mind a non runner. I've actually already backed yorkhill at 25/1 ew and 20/1 win from over the summer because I didn't think Faugheen would race again.

I certainly wouldn't be unhappy if he did revert to hurdles now for my own book ... what are your thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          I'd be all over it for the likes of me and you who don't mind a non runner. I've actually already backed yorkhill at 25/1 ew and 20/1 win from over the summer because I didn't think Faugheen would race again.

I certainly wouldn't be unhappy if he did revert to hurdles now for my own book ... what are your thoughts?
                          My thoughts are I'd be hovering over the 20s. And will probably push the button knowing it's unlikely runner. But that could change very quickly. Id want to be on ew to enhance my book. Whether that's wise or not it would take a little time to find out.

Comment

• I'd go each way because even 2/1 would be close to his SP if he did run. I'd be a little reluctant as Faugheen coming back so well but it's all about him getting there.

Probably just jump brilliantly and you wont need to act

Comment

• Had a little bit of the 40/1 each way on Blaklion, was surprised that was still available to be honest after his Becher demolition. Of course he could go for the National, but he would be top weight there and I really do think he is outsider Gold Cup class. Clearly handles Cheltenham well, a Grade 1 winner at the festival already, and can definitely see out the trip, whats not to like? Feel like he might be the Native River of this year, but I think he has more class than the Tizzard horse.

Comment

• Thistlecrack v might bite v fox norton in the king george would be an absolute cracker. No idea who would win between them 3. Hoping thistlecrack comes on from his hurdle run. I think all 3 are staying chasers of the highest order.

Comment

Working...
                                X