Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    If you fancy Might Bite 10/1 you must say Whisper should be within couple lengths of MB on RSA running. You can seriously get silly odds around Whisper on betfair for Gold Cup glory.
    Davy Russell will ride ,certainly as a long priced pick Whisper ticks a few boxes. Heaven forbid Russell wins after his misdemeanour earlier lol ,that would be some story.
    I wouldn't say he should be within 10L on the RSA running?! If MB wasn't trying to lose, he'd have put more between himself and Whisper than Whisper put back to Bellshill?... HOWEVER, the Aintree form shows Whisper getting a lot closer. I do still think though that Might Bite was idling a little in front and was well in front at the line. Won a little snuggly - i think NdB likes to make sure, so it doesn't look as stylish as it could, but thats not a problem.

I give Might Bite a HUGE chance in the Gold Cup at this stage, BUT, the price doesn't factor in the fact he CANNOT be trusted at all up the hill - and with all due respect to Whisper, horses like Sizing John, MR, Djakadam would punish any similar antics this time around... not to mention if we get Thistlecrack, Our Duke or one of the Mullins 'big two'?

Best price is 33/1 about a horse who looks absolutely held on all known form to the 4th favourite doesn't strike me as massive value at this stage? 7.25/1 to place isn't odds I'd want at the moment anyway... admirable as he is? I feel like SO many things would have to align for Whisper to get anywhere near winning the race.
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 09-22-2017 at 10:34 PM.

What is going on with Valseur Lido?

Whisper a lot bigger on Betfair if you play the markets.

Ruby on RUK today... Q&A session:

"What is going to win the Gold Cup"

"I'd love to think I will. Djakadam, Yorkhill, Acapella Bourgois - I don't mind as long as I'm on it"

Then again, the question after he did say he honestly doesn't know what the plan for Yorkhill is!

https://www.oddschecker.com/tips/hor...ld-cup-success

This is coming today too, movey for it.... ground dependant surely?! Acapella Bourgois.... switched to Mullins.... Ruby mentions him...

Did he say acapella bourgeois? As rhe quote on racing uk said bamoko moriviere wich confused me a little as he's obviously a novice and his form atm wouldn't scream gold cup, But thought maybe with his previous setbacks, simular to coneygree they plan to take a punt.
    Last edited by Scooby91; 10-09-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Was it tough to make 10st 5lb on Total Recall yesterday?

No, 10st 5lb is not too bad for me. Below 10st 3lb it starts getting a bit more difficult.

Is Ming a two-miler or could he be stretched out over further?

His style of racing suggests he’s a two-miler. He will have to improve to compete with the two-milers at the moment, so he may end up going further.

What’s going to win the Gold Cup?

I’d love to think I will. Djakadam, Yorkhill, Bamako Moriviere. I don’t mind which one,as long as I’m riding him.

How is Yorkhill?

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Did he say acapella bourgeois? As rhe quote on racing uk said bamoko moriviere wich confused me a little as he's obviously a novice and his form atm wouldn't scream gold cup, But thought maybe with his previous setbacks, simular to coneygree they plan to take a punt.
    Yes 100% Acapella Bourgious... the RUK webpage has it wrong (they also refer to Min as Ming) haha. AB has moved over to Mullins, and been cut today for the Gold Cup according to Oddchecker

Positive on Valsuer Lido from HdB too today.... "He’s back and on great terms with himself. He fractured a cannon bone and had to have it screwed, but he seems really good now. We are aiming him back at the JNwine.com Champion Chase at Down Royal in early November."

I've backed VL every season since Vautour's 2014 Supreme

Made some notes over the weekend for this, the first time properly in doing so. Feel it is going to be a majorly tough race to win this time around, provided all stand their ground and run.

I feel this years was weak, well weaker than it should have been, with so many being pulled out.

I have to say, I agree with Kev's original post, Our Duke for me looks the one to side with, he is incredibly lightly raced and it seems, albeit only the 2 runs over 3m+ that any stamina test is right up his street, we all know the Gold Cup is one hell of a test, so this will suit massively.

Interestingly, on breeding he ticks the boxes too, both Kicking King & War Of Attrition, winners of the 2005 & 2006 renewals of this race respectively, both had the same Dam's Sire (Good Thyne) as Our Duke does. The past 7 runnings of this race only one other horse, Home Farm (a 100/1 shot) with the same Dam Sire has run, but as expected from a 100/1 shot was completely outclassed, Our Duke has that class, as he's already shown, so no concerns on that front.

Our Duke is also by the same sire as 2014 winner, Lord Windermere, another positive.

For me there are less negatives about Our Duke than some of the other market leaders. 10/1 seems fair to me.

Might Bite is talented, Yorkhill too, though unlike Might Bite, Yorkhill has yet to see out this type of stamina test under rules and accordingly I find his price abysmal, not to mention you never know what mental state that one is in too. Might Bite would need to sort himself out to win a race of this magnitude, talent will only get you so far IMO!

Sizing John won this last year, and won it well enough, though for me I don't feel it was a strong renewal and next year may well find him out, against better opposition.

Most of the ones behind are held on form by Sizing John, so unless they improve throughout this season I can't have them beating him let alone one of the new crop in this sphere.

Thistlecrack would be the likely one to beat the lot, though, I know it was only the one race, I would have liked to have seen him more resilient up that hill when getting beat by Many Clouds in the Cotswold Chase earlier in the year, for this reason I can also see Our Duke doing the same to him if he doesn't have a sufficient enough lead before then that is.

Honorable mentions to both Coney Island and Acapella Bourgeois, the latter beating Our Duke over hurdles over shorter distances, and has also, as been noted earlier in this thread moved to Willie Mullins, who can surely only find improvement in him, though was hammered by Might Bite at this years festival!