Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Ran like the Ultima winner to me this season. I think he'll run in that again and I think he'll be carrying my money
    You could be right Kev. I'll be on him again if thats the destination. The Ladbroke seems to be a decent National trial now. Single just had that look about him. He was run off his feet early doors but was making significant headway late on. Went for a big one and the rest is history.

Does Whispers second (running off 161) in the Ladbroke put him in the Gold Cup picture? He only went down by a tiny margin to a thrown in Total Recall, was carrying 11-8 and was 9 lengths clear of the third.

Native River entered the Gold Cup picture last year after winning the same race by half a length but off a lower mark of 155 and only carrying 11-1.

Was yesterday's renewal a poorer race? Or could Whisper find himself improving into contention for a place in the big one come March?

Depending in how you rate Whispers run, Might Bites form needs to be factored too.

Singlefarmpayment is 50/1 for the national (1pt win for me) He was running the perfect national trial yesterday before falling at the 3rd last.

SFP was the one I took from that race too FM, could have gone very close yesterday.

Whisper is definitely in the Gold Cup picture JM, if the rain stays away for the Friday and he gets his good ground he could go there with a live chance. He's run several good races now on ground that isn't ideal so if it all falls for him he could be very good...

Whisper gave Might Bite an almighty compliment here , always runs well at Cheltenham does Whisper.

I feel like Whisper is well held at Grade 1 level and I personally wouldn't want him onside at current odds of 20/1 best price. I can't see any way you could have him getting ahead of Might Bite and although there is no disgrace in that, it isn't like Might Bite is a 'good thing' in the Gold Cup. .... if MB didn't drift Whisper was absolutely walloped in the RSA?

I also don't think he'll be any shorter on the day?

Sizing John did that well today and looked impressive.
    Shortened across the board and current favourite as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipiter View Post
    Sizing John did that well today and looked impressive.
    Shortened across the board and current favourite as a result.
    Did it very well. Deserved fav
    A little suprised he shortened so much as he's not the "sexy" horse but hes about the right price compared to his chances now. No matter what he does i wouldnt of thought he'd go much shorter than 3/1 on the day. But you never know.
    Last edited by Scooby91; Yesterday at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Did it very well. Deserved fav
    A little suprised he shortened so much as he's not the "sexy" horse but hes about the right price compared to his chances now. No matter what he does i wouldnt of thought he'd go much shorter than 3/1 on the day. But you never know.
    A clash with Yorkhill in the Lexus doesn't seem likely, but Jessie didn't entirely rule it out. Most likely will clash in Irish Gold Cup if nothing goes amiss. Interesting Willie said Djakadam will now try and avoid him, until Cheltenham anyway, I wonder will that apply to Yorkhill too? Hope not, what better way to see if he's Gold Cup class than to pitch him against last years winner.

SFP - I reckon he could go for the Ultimo at Cheltz again in March, so close last year and hopefully a better horse this year