Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Galway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm interested in David's Charm. Had been on my shortlist for this for a while and a couple of spins on the flat should have him spot on for this.

Comment

I've had a few quid ew on Slowmotion in the plate at 12/1, I reckon JP will hammer this one in the next few days, wouldn't surprise me if it goes off fav
      Last edited by MrMcGoldrick; 26 July 2018, 03:40 PM.

Comment

It is going to be impossible for me not to back Ivanovic Gorbatov on good ground.

Impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          It is going to be impossible for me not to back Ivanovic Gorbatov on good ground.

Impossible.
          I had convinced myself that it was time to give up on him.......and then saw his current hurdle rating.

I also have to back him at a double figure price on good ground

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            I had convinced myself that it was time to give up on him.......and then saw his current hurdle rating.

I also have to back him at a double figure price on good ground
            Well that makes the 3 of us

Comment

Was going to ask if anyone fancies Stratum, but he appears to have been taken out of the list
              Last edited by MrMcGoldrick; 26 July 2018, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                Was going to ask if anyone fancies Stratum, but he appears to have been taken out of the list
                I would have but was always unlikely. Looks set for some big Autumn targets ...

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                  I've had a few quid ew on Slowmotion in the plate at 12/1, I reckon JP will hammer this one in the next few days, wouldn't surprise me if it goes off fav
                  I've also backed Slowmotion with Ladbrokes (13/1) tonight in the Galway Plate. I just have absolute faith in Joseph to have had a big ring around the race and can see the price being single figures come the race.

Comment

I think that Wicklow Brave's withdrawal puts everything up by 9lb and makes the Hurdle a slightly different race.

I refer the honourable gentlemen to the first post on this thread that had last year's winner among the 3 or 4 qualifiers. Worth another look on Wednesday.

Shanning is avaliable as long as 50/1 and as short as 14/1. If she got a run we'd fancy her but it's very unlikely so any bet should be money back if she doesn't get in.

Comment

Ground could be anything

Comment

Limini back on Monday!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          I've also backed Slowmotion with Ladbrokes (13/1) tonight in the Galway Plate. I just have absolute faith in Joseph to have had a big ring around the race and can see the price being single figures come the race.
                          Same thing for me Kev, the JP connection adds confidence, 13/1 is a good price too, 9's now generally, will be fav on the day I reckon, could go off less than 6/1.

Comment

Rain yesterday has eased the going to Good (NH) and Yielding (Flat). 15-20mm more predicted before Monday.

Forfeits for the Plate:

Forfeits for the Hurdle (weights to rise by at least 7lb):

Comment

'Following 18mm of rain yesterday the ground at Galway is yielding (NH) & soft (Flat). Forecast for a further 3-5mm rain on Saturday/Sunday.'

Comment

Galway Plate
                                Slowmotion 13/1
                                Calino D'airy 16/1

Galway Hurdle
                                David's Charm 14/1
                                Sharjah 14/1
                                Last edited by Kevloaf; 29 July 2018, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X