Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Galway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good hit, Kev.

If it's any consolation, the initial view on Cadmium is that the stiff extra two furlongs on soft ground ran him out of petrol. We're still hopeful that he'll be top class over two miles on better ground.

Comment

Top tipping. I am allergic to Patrick.

Comment

Hi All, any horses for today at Galway? Sharjah yesterday was a belter!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Woody View Post
          Hi All, any horses for today at Galway? Sharjah yesterday was a belter!!!
          Golden Jewel in the last is my only bet today. It's worth noting that I'm 0/8 at Galway this year, and most of those have finished tailed off

Comment

although the favorite, i've been tipped 'On the go again' for that race. Any substance to your choice FM, won with Golden Jewel before?

Comment

Galway 6.50 princess yaiza
              14/1 ew.
              Proven solid form, unexposed in a race of this nature and has all the allowances here. Shes massively overpriced to my eye.

Limini has a good chance but she wasn't beaten by a world beater last time and there's a few unexposed decent flat types in here. I'm inclined to look elsewhere.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Woody View Post
                although the favorite, i've been tipped 'On the go again' for that race. Any substance to your choice FM, won with Golden Jewel before?
                Lightly raced, improving, looks to be ahead of his mark and will love the ground. He was 8/1 last night. Didn't realise he was as short as 7/2 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                  Having been very quiet of late, I have to put in a good word for Mine Now in the the 3.05 (Saturday). The form of his 4th behind Swamp Fox looks really good with the winner just being caught of a 14 pounds higher rating in the Galway Hurdle, and 4 out of the 5 horses who have run since having won on their next outing. Richie Deegan is good value for his seven pounds and gets on well with the horse, the ground will pose no problems and the trainer is in great form. Word has it that the horse has never been better but I couldn't possibly comment on that. I would encourage anyone to take the 20's with Paddy Power and Bet365 as that price will likely not last long in the morning.
                  Didn't realise the date for this and was desperately looking for him in the prices haha

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    Lightly raced, improving, looks to be ahead of his mark and will love the ground. He was 8/1 last night. Didn't realise he was as short as 7/2 now.
                    Thanks FM gone for Limini and golden jewel double!!

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                      Good hit, Kev.

If it's any consolation, the initial view on Cadmium is that the stiff extra two furlongs on soft ground ran him out of petrol. We're still hopeful that he'll be top class over two miles on better ground.
                      That ground took some getting through yesterday alright definitely went against Cadmium carrying top weight. Shanning looks to have a nice mark to take advantage of tomorrow Archie! Is Willie confident of a good run?

Three fancies for me tomorrow...

16:45 Shanning 5/1
                      17:20 Advantage Point 9/1
                      17:55 Good Scent 9/2

3 singles and a very speculative treble
                      Last edited by SeanRock; 3 August 2018, 05:30 PM.

Comment

It's no secret that we think Shanning is a nice sort. The distance is an unknown but we'd be hopeful of a good run.

Comment

And a good run we got in a very rough race. Almost knocked over 3 out but 10k for 3rd is reasonable compensation.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                            And a good run we got in a very rough race. Almost knocked over 3 out but 10k for 3rd is reasonable compensation.
                            Plenty of promise shown in that run Archie, she will have learned a lot, Galway handicaps aren't for the faint hearted for a battle hardened seasoned sort let alone a 5yr old mare on her 3rd run.

Did you see Martin Brassil's novice hurdle winner City Island on Wednesday at Galway Archie? Think Penhill won the same race last year. Went in my book anyway!

Comment

Penhill was two years ago, Sean, on the only day I've been racing in Galway. City Island has a very different background to him but there was plenty to like about his performance.

Comment

Any shouts for today?

Comment

Working...
                                X