Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Welshman View Post
    Anyone know what horses willie mullins has planned for this race?
    You have more chance of winning the lottery than knowing which horse Mullis sends to the Supreme!

I'm guessing, but Annamix had been introduced in to the market, still down as French trainer but mum guess is I'm late to the party and Mullins/Ricci have a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I'm guessing, but Annamix had been introduced in to the market, still down as French trainer but mum guess is I'm late to the party and Mullins/Ricci have a new one?
    Mullins/Ricci. Been in the Mullins yard for a year, bought out of the same yard as Vautour. Cut to 14s by PP a while back.

I am hoping Pym proves to be a useful hurdler and may end up in the supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
    I am hoping Pym proves to be a useful hurdler and may end up in the supreme.
    I really like Pym albeit we only have the 1 run to go by so far (3rd and 7th have won since). I was at Nicky Henderson's open day in March last year and this horse was given as an exciting prospect for the upcoming season. Punchestown was a potential target but they decided to run him at Ayr, presumably as another small boost to help shore up the trainers title. That Ayr bumper has been targeted by Henderson before though with some very nice types - Sprinter Sacre, William Henry and River Maguire. A small snippet after his run at Ayr:

PYM was also very impressive, as I hoped he would be, in the Bumper and he is a very exciting novice Hurdler for next season.
    After that run I had earmarked the Neptune as the most likely race for him, he looked better as the race went on and started pulling well clear at the end.

Jeremiah McGrath who rode the horse that day is in Paul Ferguson's Jumpers to Follow and says this about him:

Very green on debut...he got the job done but he was very green despite looking visually impressive. They went a right gallop and came back to him:things worked out nicely for us. He could have another run in a bumper and I wouldn't be surprised if he did,
    as he is a big baby, so he might have another run before going hurdling, just to teach him a bit more
    . He is a gorgeous looking horse,
    another Stowaway with a nice pedigree.
    Which could suggest it was more a case of him taking his time to come into the race and learning as the race went on but to me on that run alone he strikes me as a Neptune type. I asked most of the big firms to add him to the Neptune market but only SkyBet got back with 20/1 quotes. I'm hoping others will introduce him at 25's though which is when i'll have a bet on him.

After winning the Supreme with Altior maybe the owner might like to follow the same path though? He's quoted at 25's for that. Can also be backed at 14/1 To Win Any Race

^ Top work that

I spoke to Minty (David Minton) at the start of August who buys most of Nickys horses and said "did you buy that bumper horse that looked so good at the end of the season” and he said “oh yes she’s a wonderful mare” - I was talking about Pym and so was really interested to see which mare he was talking about, he was talking about Melangerie who was well beaten first two runs but then (according to the RP) had a wind op and won her next two, he really couldn’t hide his excitement for her, so one to watch out for. When i asked him about Pym he was also very complementary and he said they couldn’t believe how much pace he showed at Ayr, on breeding he should really be a Neptune horse but Nicky felt with the pace he showed at Ayr the Supreme wouldn’t be out of the equation, if he proved to be good enough. So target wise id be careful, sounds like it could go either way yet.

Good info billy.

Really good info Billy, thanks

Thanks billy