Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put a few more quid on vision des flos for the supreme at 175.0
    The goffs land rover working out well with rapid escape and early doors winning since. He was tried highly and too keen in the persian war. Stick him in a 2 mile maiden hurdle and he'd win easily.
    Hopefully potts/ tizzard agree
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      Yeah, I would he's a Neptune horse. Still won't beat Samcro though
      I don't get how you can tell though, stick samcro in that race and if he won as he liked id agree with you, but hes really beat nothing of note on the track.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        I don't get how you can tell though, stick samcro in that race and if he won as he liked id agree with you, but hes really beat nothing of note on the track.
        It was said tongue in cheek, hence the emoji lol.

On another note, Next Destination was very impressive the way he quickened that final 100 yards was visually very pleasing. One for the Neptune or AB I'd imagine though.

Comment

On another note, Next Destination was very impressive the way he quickened that final 100 yards was visually very pleasing. One for the Neptune or AB I'd imagine though.
          Next Destination was very impressive there but I'm not sure how I will interpret some of these runs in Ireland over the weekend. The ground is very testing so some of the winners could just be handling it better than others, especially the Novices. I think I'll end up giving a few losers a second chance when they run on better ground.

Comment

Extremely impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
              Next Destination was very impressive there but I'm not sure how I will interpret some of these runs in Ireland over the weekend. The ground is very testing so some of the winners could just be handling it better than others, especially the Novices. I think I'll end up giving a few losers a second chance when they run on better ground.
              I'd agree about ground but hard not to be impressed by that

Comment

• If you not seen Luck on Sunday program on Racing UK you missed interview with Rich Ritchie. Nick was careful not to do a stable tour of his horses but at end of program they put up four pages of RR novices to look out for this coming season. Nick then asked Rich pick a couple out who impressed you. Top of the shop he picked out Epicuris saying "we brought him as a 4yr old as a project horse , he could be a very very interesting horse" Nick joined in debate stating "yes a big gross horse who ran 5th in derby".
                RR mentioned Annamix but only to say punters seem to think he my supreme horse.
                Gave a ex hannon horse good word , but for me Epicuris was the one to take out of interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                  If you not seen Luck on Sunday program on Racing UK you missed interview with Rich Ritchie. Nick was careful not to do a stable tour of his horses but at end of program they put up four pages of RR novices to look out for this coming season. Nick then asked Rich pick a couple out who impressed you. Top of the shop he picked out Epicuris saying "we brought him as a 4yr old as a project horse , he could be a very very interesting horse" Nick joined in debate stating "yes a big gross horse who ran 5th in derby".
                  RR mentioned Annamix but only to say punters seem to think he my supreme horse.
                  Gave a ex hannon horse good word , but for me Epicuris was the one to take out of interview.
                  I know of all 18 of his novices for a while, I diddnt see it the same as yourself. I seen it as Annamix is the one who works well at home but he was reluctant to say any horse has this specified target/ is his best horse for that race. As he explained with his change of attitude to talking about his horses after vautour. Epicuris is clearly interesting to talk about as he would be known from running in the derby over here. And kesselring name and meaning behind the name was of interest
                  He gave winter soldier, a slight mention saying his French form was interesting.
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 12 November 2017, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• I agree Scooby, he didnt mention the two that have seen money in Annamix and the Novice Mare Salsaretta. I would personally take that as a bit of an endorsement for them both. Before the Vautour episode a couple of years ago, Ricci would of been very open about his best horses but not now, times have changed. In fact Ive noticed recently that the once open Paul Nicholls is much less open about horses plans than he once was, Ive seen a few times in the last few months, what looks like deliberate mis-direction.

Comment

• Just watched it back to make sure. What I believe rich was saying on Annamix was about the pressure and expectation of a Mrs s ricci/ mullins 2m novice.
                      "He goes well at home" and talking about how everybody saying he's the supreme horse.
                      Must be annoying as an owner when everybody's piled in from 33s Down, and now he's the fav without winning a race or seeing a race course over here . The expectation is already sky high and connections would get blamed if he said hes the one and it diddnt work out now that hes already fav.
                      Last edited by Scooby91; 12 November 2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• MENGLI KHAN won well there, not the most impressive graded race, simular to she one that sayar won but he did it nicely. He seems a type that has took time to acclimatise over hurdles, hed have no chance in a supreme on last years form. But i think hes come on a bundle, i really like him, how good he is I don't know just yet. But he sets a bench mark for these 2m graded novice hurdles.

Comment

• Nice performance from Khan , hope they keep him at 2m solely because ive invested heavily in Samcro for Ballymore.

Comment

• Managed to get 20/1 after the Race Quite like the look of him. Had small few quid for this race

Comment

• Lalor*was beaten when odds-on favourite on his recent hurdling debut at Exeter but only went down by a short-head and the trainer expects to see a sharper performance when he next takes to the track.

Woollacott told sportinglife.com: “Lalor is ever so well. He jumped well and learned a lot at Exeter and while we possibly didn’t quite get the tactics right on the day, it was a good positive experience for the horse and that’s the most important thing.

“We’ve entered him at Cheltenham and it’ll be either there or Ascot the following weekend I’d imagine, Tom (Scudamore) will be in to school him over the next day or two but he looks to have sharpened up quite a bit.

“It’d be amazing for a small yard like ours to have a runner with a real chance in a race like the Supreme as we’ve only around 15 horses in and are not in the same league financially as some of the big stables.”

Lalor is one of 11 entries for the first in the Sky Bet-backed series of six races on the road to the Supreme next March, a race won by Moon Racer and Altior in the past two years.

Colin Tizzard has two potential contenders in the highly-regarded*Slate House*and*Vision des Flos, while Nicky Henderson is also represented as he could unleash the JP McManus-owned*Dame de Compagnie.

Dan Skelton’s*Bedrock*and the Henry Daly-trained*Whatmore*are also joined by Nicky Richards’*Better Getalong, Charlie Longsdon’s*Monty’s Award, Daniele Steele's*Cassivellaunus*Tom George’s*Summerville Boy*and*Western Ryder*from the Warren Greatrex stable.

The sponsors betting:*Slate House 6/4, Dame De Compagnie 7/4, Lalor 6/1, Western Ryder 7/1, Bedrock 8/1, Vision Des Flos 9/1, Better Getalong 14/1, Summerville Boy 14/1, Whatmore 14/1, Monty's Award 16/1, Cassivellaunus 150/1

Comment

• Backed vision des flos again at 175.9 for the supreme please tizzard run him in the supreme trial. Atleast he's got an entry

Comment

Working...
                                X