Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadly Lucky Pass collapsed after the line when winning today and has passed away. Elliott having an absolutely awful time with today following Mega Fortune and Fayonagh recently

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
      Sadly Lucky Pass collapsed after the line when winning today and has passed away. Elliott having an absolutely awful time with today following Mega Fortune and Fayonagh recently
      I diddnt realise that, horrible news. Showed so much promise in his bumpers and a real shame they never got to see him jump a fence. Could have won a nice pot on soft ground
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Was awful about lucky pass. Stable having a torrid time at present

Comment

• Wondering if i've spotted one for the Supreme. If you were impressed by Slate House (I was but have him covered for the Ballymore) last week, then you would have to consider a horse called World Premier. Now owned by JP, his debut last year at Warwick was particularly taking. The third that day was Gortroe Joe, who he beat 13 lengths eased down. Gortroe Joe was a 4 length third to Slate House last week on hurdles debut.

Obviously i'm not suggesting you can take that collateral form too literally, but have read that Pauling really likes this one. Likely to be out early December, i'm trying to get paddy's to price him up but nothing back so far.

My other big fancy for the Supreme at this stage is Claimantakinforgan. Very smart bumper form last year and wouldn't have to improve much for hurdles to be bang there. Just love this one's profile with Henderson bringing him along slowly

Comment

• Originally posted by Robante View Post
            Wondering if i've spotted one for the Supreme. If you were impressed by Slate House (I was but have him covered for the Ballymore) last week, then you would have to consider a horse called World Premier. Now owned by JP, his debut last year at Warwick was particularly taking. The third that day was Gortroe Joe, who he beat 13 lengths eased down. Gortroe Joe was a 4 length third to Slate House last week on hurdles debut.

Obviously i'm not suggesting you can take that collateral form too literally, but have read that Pauling really likes this one. Likely to be out early December, i'm trying to get paddy's to price him up but nothing back so far.

My other big fancy for the Supreme at this stage is Claimantakinforgan. Very smart bumper form last year and wouldn't have to improve much for hurdles to be bang there. Just love this one's profile with Henderson bringing him along slowly
            I would argue differently about Claimantakinforgan being brought along slowly. He ran in 5 bumpers last season including the Champion Bumper which is unheard of for a Henderson horse. He usually keeps his best horses low key in bumpers and targets either Aintree or Punchestown as he hates the Cheltenham race. The owners may have swayed him in this instance but for me he's not followed the traditional Henderson route and Nicky has few peers when it comes to Novice Hurdlers.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
              I would argue differently about Claimantakinforgan being brought along slowly. He ran in 5 bumpers last season including the Champion Bumper which is unheard of for a Henderson horse. He usually keeps his best horses low key in bumpers and targets either Aintree or Punchestown as he hates the Cheltenham race. The owners may have swayed him in this instance but for me he's not followed the traditional Henderson route and Nicky has few peers when it comes to Novice Hurdlers.
              Maybe not brought along slowly in the number of runs sense, but in the typical Henderson improver sense. From being beaten 11 lengths by Western Ryder early in the season to finishing ahead of him in the big one at Cheltenham. I draw a line through the Aintree run after that - probably a run too far. Henderson seems keen on him for this season, and I'd expect to see him kept fresher ahead of Cheltenham this time and targeted at the Supreme. As you say, there are few better with novice hurdlers and I'd expect him to eke out the necessary improvement over hurdles to be a key player in the race

Comment

• I think Pym will be Nicky Henderson's main Novice hurdle hope, just unsure which race he takes on currently!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                  I think Pym will be Nicky Henderson's main Novice hurdle hope, just unsure which race he takes on currently!
                  Me too. Loved the way he mowed them down in the Ayr bumper despite being very green. I've snuck him in a multiple based on running in the Supreme but he could step up in trip too.

Comment

• I guess we're yet to really see how last seasons form stacks up. Lalor and Sam Brown not doing it any favours on their outings so far this year. So many ex-french horses yet to come out with form that could be superior as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Robante View Post
                      I guess we're yet to really see how last seasons form stacks up. Lalor and Sam Brown not doing it any favours on their outings so far this year. So many ex-french horses yet to come out with form that could be superior as well
                      Indeed. Mullins and Henderson have certainly yet to play their hands with their Novices.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                        Me too. Loved the way he mowed them down in the Ayr bumper despite being very green. I've snuck him in a multiple based on running in the Supreme but he could step up in trip too.
                        I think he will try to emulate Altior, under the same ownership, and go for the Supreme as well. Could be another Altior vs Min style battle, but Annamix vs Pym this festival! Pym should be out racing in next couple of weeks according to Nicky, so may be worth getting the money on now!

Comment

• Anyone heard anything about ok corral strong bumper form a couple of years ago then returned from injury in May winning a novice hurdle well. Could be a forgotten horse?

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                            Anyone heard anything about ok corral strong bumper form a couple of years ago then returned from injury in May winning a novice hurdle well. Could be a forgotten horse?
                            Good horse, .deffinately one on my mind. Would want further than 2 miles however up in grade .
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                              Anyone heard anything about ok corral strong bumper form a couple of years ago then returned from injury in May winning a novice hurdle well. Could be a forgotten horse?
                              Has had a terrible run of layoffs but returned with a bit of sparkle recently. Given his age and the fact he wanted a trip 2 years back, I'd be thinking staying distances myself so probably the Albert Bartlett.

Comment

• Claimantakiforgan has an entry at Ascot on Saturday over 2m.

On the same card Jenkins has an entry in the William Hill listed handicap as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X