Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having given up on Real Steel prior to the weekend I have now decided to go with Paloma Blue. He is obviously a proper chasing type but he has shown a nice bit of progression. A faster pace and better ground might exact a bit more. In what looks a pretty weak race I can see why he has attracted a little bit of support.

As the price suggests Getabird is far more vulnerable option than Samcro.

Comment

• This ^^^

Going to rewatch the race from weekend, can’t remember whether Blue tried to take on the beast and paid for it

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
        Having given up on Real Steel prior to the weekend I have now decided to go with Paloma Blue. He is obviously a proper chasing type but he has shown a nice bit of progression. A faster pace and better ground might exact a bit more. In what looks a pretty weak race I can see why he has attracted a little bit of support.

As the price suggests Getabird is far more vulnerable option than Samcro.
        Originally posted by opatcho View Post
        This ^^^

Going to rewatch the race from weekend, can’t remember whether Blue tried to take on the beast and paid for it
        Hope you got the 33s before Andy Holding tipped it? Although 25s with BFSB...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Hope you got the 33s before Andy Holding tipped it? Although 25s with BFSB...
          Got on at 31's

Comment

• Last time I'll mention it but id strongly advise
            Next destination

ew nrnb at 14/1.

Be prepared for all situations. That is massively overpriced should they switch up. IMO take samcro out and he'd have won that race easily at the weekend with his slick jumping and turn of foot. More likely to drop back than go to the AB for me.
            Last edited by Scooby91; 6 February 2018, 08:04 PM.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• headache of a race lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Last time I'll mention it but id strongly advise
                Next destination

ew nrnb at 14/1.

Be prepared for all situations. That is massively overpriced should they switch up. IMO take samcro out and he'd have won that race easily at the weekend with his slick jumping and turn of foot. More likely to drop back than go to the AB for me.
                And much more literally DDG ....

I'm on both each way of course NRNB

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
                  headache of a race lol
                  Should be easy.

Getabird
                  If the cap fits.
                  Next destination / duc des genievres.

In no particular order. Can't see anything apart from them
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 6 February 2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Should be easy.

Getabird
                    If the cap fits.
                    Next destination / duc des genievres.

In no particular order. Can't see anything apart from them
                    Getabird

7L then

If the cap fits.
                    Next destination / duc des genièvres.
                    In no particular order

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
                      Getabird

7L then

If the cap fits.
                      Next destination / duc des genièvres.
                      In no particular order

If all in that list above ran, no way getabird would win by 7. Horses like altior don't come around too often.

Comment

Last time I'll mention it but id strongly advise
                        Next destination

ew nrnb at 14/1.

What indication is there that this horse would be effective at two miles? His form would suggest he wants a trip and soft ground. I can't see any chance he will go here and for me he is vulnerable wherever he goes.

Comment

What indication is there that this horse would be effective at two miles? His form would suggest he wants a trip and soft ground. I can't see any chance he will go here and for me he is vulnerable wherever he goes.
                          So paloma blue has a chance in the supreme but next destination dosent?

I don't give the former much of a chance but that makes very little sense. . He dosent want soft ground. His former trainer and current trainer have always said he wants decent ground.

Theres 2 ways next destination can end up fav for this. And both end up with getabird not running
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 6 February 2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

So paloma blue has a chance in the supreme but next destination dosent?

I don't give the former much of a chance but that makes very little sense. . He dosent want soft ground. His former trainer and current trainer have always said he wants decent ground.

Theres 2 ways next destination can end up fav for this. And both end up with getabird not running
                            I don't really want to be repeating what a pundit has said but the second behind Samcro picked up the pieces and I think there is every chance that form could be reversed in the Supreme. I also think that form is well above anything that If The Cap Fits has done. I think on achievement If The Cap Fits is a shocking price.

There's nothing in the book to suggest that Next Destination wants either better ground or the minimum trip. He was outpaced on better ground. At least Paloma Blue has some form at the trip and appears progressive. I wouldn't be confident that Getabird is the second coming but I would love to see him replaced by Next Destination.

Comment

I don't really want to be repeating what a pundit has said but the second behind Samcro picked up the pieces and I think there is every chance that form could be reversed in the Supreme. I also think that form is well above anything that If The Cap Fits has done. I think on achievement If The Cap Fits is a shocking price.

There's nothing in the book to suggest that Next Destination wants either better ground or the minimum trip. He was outpaced on better ground. At least Paloma Blue has some form at the trip and appears progressive. I wouldn't be confident that Getabird is the second coming but I would love to see him replaced by Next Destination.
                              Really?

100% win record over hurdles, I'm unsure what else he could have done.

If trained by Mullins or even Henderson he would be clear favourite right now, so the price is pretty generous, and I do think he'll be a player, whether or not he wins is another thing, personally I think he'll find at least one too good, but he's a place certainty for me.

You also have to take into account the falters of the other contenders in the market, Mengli Khan has been beat twice in a row now, Claimintakinforgan got turned over at odds on at the weekend, Laurina should be in the Mares' Novice, but I'd back her big time IF she turned up here, Paloma Blue, as progressive as you may think he is he has still only won 1 maiden on a racecourse, Next Destination is about the only one who could potentially turn up here and be good enough to beat the 2 at the head of the betting IMO, but unlike Scooby I think he will go over further myself.
                              Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 7 February 2018, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• Totally agree CoD. The best of the british runners with form being franked recently. Will be placed in a field that is looking weaker by the day.

Love it the way a horse gets put up by pundit and all of a sudden its the next best thing! How many thought Sharjah was a good thing when pricewise put him up?

Comment

Working...
                                X