Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
    Had a dream last night that i rode mengli khan to win the supreme today,so i would deff be a fat jockey !!!
    You didn't give him a bad ride

Comment

• Had a bigger bet on Getabird (too keen) and in doubles & trebles, but also took Betways offer free bet first race or last & have the winner, did not really fancy him but still got my money back for the race, so not happy but also not totally disappointed.

GL all in the next...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
        Had a bigger bet on Getabird (too keen) and in doubles & trebles, but also took Betways offer free bet first race or last & have the winner, did not really fancy him but still got my money back for the race, so not happy but also not totally disappointed.

GL all in the next...
        That Betway offer is first AND last race btw

Comment

• Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
          You didn't give him a bad ride
          Went in at 16/1 E/W the price was just to big

Comment

• Ruby Walsh reported that GETABIRD (IRE), unplaced, ran too freely
            No shit sherlock...

Comment

• Evens for getabird back on a right handed track and weaker opponents. I’m in sharjah at 5/1

Comment

• So just not top class or is Cheltenham the issue?

Comment

• Still think Getabird is a stayer

Comment

• I was just talking to a friend,

2 years ago was getting rave reviews before getting injured and ruled out of the champion bumper. This year was very short but had never run on the left handed track. Getabird has followed previous routes to good Mullins horses and won.

I did have getabird at Cheltenham and I just had him to win 5+ lengths today purely based on weaker opposition but I do think he isn’t quite up to the top class standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                      So just not top class or is Cheltenham the issue?
                      The course for me.
                      We all heard the horror stories about him turning right at the opening fence in his point before running out at the second, todays track was always going to help.....

Comment

• Not just going left handed but there were also a few concerns going into the festival about Cheltenham and the undulations and how he might cope with the doubts/concerns about his front legs...

Would certainly be a concern when he lines up at the festival next year that's for sure

Comment

• Ruby said today that the occasion got to Getabird at the festival

Comment

Working...
                          X