Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

If you owned a horse .... What would you call it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the new name!

Great story

Can't wait - and the very best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
      I wasn't sure where to put this blog but, if you rad it, this seems as good a thread as any.

Bay of Freedom has been retired. He has given me such joy and I have always appreciated the wonderful support form everyone on this forum. It has meant so much to me and i can;t thank you enough.
      I have taken the plunge and bought another horse but we had a few issues with his name as you will read http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...-lautre-cheval
      So you still got your way, clever , good read, good luck with him BOF.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
        I've actually named a couple of horses. It's more difficult than you'd imagine because so many of the good names are taken and they are on the look-out for 'naughties' since the days of Noble Locks and Muff Diver. They weren't mine by the way!

If I were to get another go, I'd use the title of one of the finest albums of all time, Forever Changes, then move on to some of the tracks like Alone Again Or and Andmoreagain.
        Just read this Archie, as an ex record shop owner you've gone way up in my estimation - not that you weren't too low before, lol

Comment

Brent Mused

Comment

Originally posted by Don Cossack View Post
            Just read this Archie, as an ex record shop owner you've gone way up in my estimation - not that you weren't too low before, lol
            So many brilliant albums released 1966-69 from Pet Sounds to Volunteers but Forever Changes is right up there and I've still got my original mono copy.
            I bet you didn't sell many copies of this neglected classic:

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
              So many brilliant albums released 1966-69 from Pet Sounds to Volunteers but Forever Changes is right up there and I've still got my original mono copy.
              I bet you didn't sell many copies of this neglected classic:

Not even close to being as good a song as

Crimson & Clover • Original • 1968 • Tommy James & The Shondells • + Lyrics • Stereo

Crimson and Clover.
              Last edited by Quevega; 23 April 2019, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post

Crimson & Clover • Original • 1968 • Tommy James & The Shondells • + Lyrics • Stereo

Crimson and Clover.
                If you were around at the time, there was no comparison. Of course, they do say that if you were around at the time you probably can't remember too much.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post

Crimson and Clover.
                  Wow, didn't expect to find any fellow Tommy James fans in here, this record was famed for being performed as good live as the record version such was the range of Tommy's voice.
                  A big US number 1 but not sure it was ever released in the UK, Tommy James was still touring last year though not sure if that's still the case.

He gave a great gig at The Bitter End in New York a few years ago, I was there at the time but couldn't get tickets which was disappointing but much of that gig is on You Tube and well worth a look if you are a fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                    Wow, didn't expect to find any fellow Tommy James fans in here, this record was famed for being performed as good live as the record version such was the range of Tommy's voice.
                    A big US number 1 but not sure it was ever released in the UK, Tommy James was still touring last year though not sure if that's still the case.

He gave a great gig at The Bitter End in New York a few years ago, I was there at the time but couldn't get tickets which was disappointing but much of that gig is on You Tube and well worth a look if you are a fan...
                    You do realise that the majority of people on here think that Tiffany's version of I Think We're Alone Now is an 80s original classic that dates their parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

Looked him up after hearing the tune on the soundtrack for a film called , "Wolves at the door " (based on manson murders) shit film.

Downloaded some of his tunes after that on spotify.
                      But Crimson and Clover is a seriously good song, reminds me a bit of Stone Rose's - I am the resurrection.

Comment

Working...
                      X