Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

If you owned a horse .... What would you call it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you owned a horse .... What would you call it?

Arnold Horseanegger
    Amy Winehouse

Would be my first two I think!

Amy Winehouse? Are you a super fan

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      Amy Winehouse? Are you a super fan
      Haha Amy WineHorse!

Comment

I've actually named a couple of horses. It's more difficult than you'd imagine because so many of the good names are taken and they are on the look-out for 'naughties' since the days of Noble Locks and Muff Diver. They weren't mine by the way!

If I were to get another go, I'd use the title of one of the finest albums of all time, Forever Changes, then move on to some of the tracks like Alone Again Or and Andmoreagain.

Comment

more difficult than you think ... but sticking to the music theme .. my horse would be called COMFORTABLY NUMB .

Comment

Horse out of Hell
            Bat out of Horse

Comment

Good friend of mine had links in the game back in the 90s and had the pleasure of naming Celtic Swing, who won a Racing Post trophy by 12l, a Greenham and a French Derby.
              I had the pleasure of naming several dogs never better than S2 grade to race at Catford lol

Comment

Only thing i ever named was my Goldfish " CYRIL ". !!,

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                  Good friend of mine had links in the game back in the 90s and had the pleasure of naming Celtic Swing, who won a Racing Post trophy by 12l, a Greenham and a French Derby.
                  I had the pleasure of naming several dogs never better than S2 grade to race at Catford lol
                  What did you call them

Comment

I was chatting about this with a mate and we thought it would be great to name horses as 'punch lines'.... for example...

IhaventgotaFerrari

... after it wins on debut

"so Kev Loaf, how do you feel to have a winner with your first ever horse"

"amazing, but do you know the difference between an erection and a Ferrari?"

*glare straight down camera lens!*

Comment

I wasn't sure where to put this blog but, if you rad it, this seems as good a thread as any.

Bay of Freedom has been retired. He has given me such joy and I have always appreciated the wonderful support form everyone on this forum. It has meant so much to me and i can;t thank you enough.
                      I have taken the plunge and bought another horse but we had a few issues with his name as you will read http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...-lautre-cheval

Comment

Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                        I wasn't sure where to put this blog but, if you rad it, this seems as good a thread as any.

Bay of Freedom has been retired. He has given me such joy and I have always appreciated the wonderful support form everyone on this forum. It has meant so much to me and i can;t thank you enough.
                        I have taken the plunge and bought another horse but we had a few issues with his name as you will read http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...-lautre-cheval
                        Good look with the new un

Comment

Another cracking read. Hope he gives you as muchas fun as BoF.

Comment

Will give this a read later .... only popped on....

but happy retirement to Bay of Freedom

Delighted you've bought another, look forward to the updates.

Comment

I've only just seen this , Happy Retirement B.o.F , and Look forward to reading the news on your new one .

Comment

Working...
                              X