Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Win Any Race 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do all my betting with a firm with 3 letters and 3 numbers in its name which don't do "to win any race" at cheltenham. Where would you go to bet for this service? And your everyday betting?
    Last edited by somer1; 23 November 2017, 11:45 AM. Reason: to abb a bit

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      He won many houses in his first 2 festival wins, most of those who won placed all on him winning one of the weakest CC in recent history and lost all back and more.

How do you know that?
      Public knowledge & his Cheltenham odds where the biggest bets are placed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        At 170 he'd still be one of the best horses in training Oceans. It seems to me you are writing him off after one poor run, where he had a valid excuse (stress fracture of the pelvis).

I'm not a Douvan super fan but it's hard to argue that he's overrated. He may not be the best horse in training but he'd be in the top 5 imo.
        Yes but coming back from injury & first run there's all reasons to believe he won't achieve the highest mark that he ran to only once before. Lets say he losses in the Tingle, his odds will become acceptable either for the Ryanair or CC. Just no point waiting for the pay on Friday to place on these current odds, unless you're a mug.

Comment

• Public knowledge?! Of all bets punters placed on a horse?!

Its odds didnt tell you anything, other than the fact the bookies were running scared and didn't want to lay what appeared a good thing. It's pure conjecture to state, as if its fact, that all Douvan fans lost everything they had made on him, and more, on one bad run.

I can you tell you I won a nice sum on him in the Supreme, and didn't back him either year after that as he was so short.

Comment

• Originally posted by oceans View Post
            Yes but coming back from injury & first run there's all reasons to believe he won't achieve the highest mark that he ran to only once before. Lets say he losses in the Tingle, his odds will become acceptable either for the Ryanair or CC. Just no point waiting for the pay on Friday to place on these current odds, unless you're a mug.
            Let's say he wins it though .... he'll be shorter than he is now.

If he is shorter then are people still mugs because you don't think he will win either race?

You say you think 6/1 would be value, is that on his relative chance to win either race, or on what you think his SP would be?

To me depending on how you bet/ play a market ... 11/4 could very easily be argued as good value ... especially with your argument being him being over bet a key factor in it
            Last edited by Kevloaf; 23 November 2017, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
              Public knowledge?! Of all bets punters placed on a horse?!

Its odds didnt tell you anything, other than the fact the bookies were running scared and didn't want to lay what appeared a good thing. It's pure conjecture to state, as if its fact, that all Douvan fans lost everything they had made on him, and more, on one bad run.

I can you tell you I won a nice sum on him in the Supreme, and didn't back him either year after that as he was so short.
              At the risk of after timing I backed him in the supreme and the arkle months before antepost.
              I thought he was a certainty in the qmcc but I never backed him as he was never more than a shade over evens antepost . And the plan was to back sprinter sacre before he got retired.

To level it out I did have a very large ammount to me. on faugheen the year before and despite backing him previously I am down on the horse.
              But may Hopefully make that back this year.
              Last edited by Scooby91; 23 November 2017, 12:02 PM.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Maybe not you CCM, but the big players most certainly have. As for us small timers I get it you didn't followed him after the Supreme, but I also don't see the value now at 11/4 and the poster I responded to said he should be odds on in any race.. my posts were mostly relating to that.

Comment

• How do you know I'm a small timer? And how on earth do you know what most of the big players did?

Your posts didn't relate to just that. You made sweeping generalisations based on very little, then called others 'mugs' because they have a different opinion to you.

If Douvan hoses up in the Tingle Creek, he will be odds on and 11/4 will look a shrewd bet. It's not for me at the price, but I can see why others would go for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Let's say he wins it though .... he'll be shorter than he is now.

If he is shorter then are people still mugs because you don't think he will win either race?

You say you think 6/1 would be value, is that on his relative chance to win either race, or on what you think his SP would be?

To me depending on how you bet/ play a market ... 11/4 could very easily be argued as good value ... especially with your argument being him being over bet a key factor in it
                    Everyone sees value differently I hope you agree with that. So if I don't see the value with 11/4, you can imagine that even if he wins the Tingle I still won't see him as value but for others it might still. As I said he'll have his season debut, in a big race like Tingle Creek, from injury, couple chasers around that can run in the high 160s and beat him fto.

Comment

Everyone sees value differently I hope you agree with that. So if I don't see the value with 11/4, you can imagine that even if he wins the Tingle I still won't see him as value but for others it might still. As I said he'll have his season debut, in a big race like Tingle Creek, from injury, couple chasers around that can run in the high 160s and beat him fto.
                      Not much point in the discussion of how good douvan is currently
                      Won't find out until the festival anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Whether you are right or wrong, he'll shorten up after a reappearance and he won't need to meet a 'top 2 miler' until the festival.

Therefore his price will be shorter. If you're adamant the bubble is burst on merit and wouldn't win any of the 3 races, back to lay ... or lay him now?

I'm not sure how many houses were lost though in his 15 races?
                        Believe it or not I know someone who was 450k worse off after that race...

Comment

• Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                          It's all about opinions at the end of the day...
                          If we all bet they same way... it would get quite boring!!

Oceans.. have you made any plays in this market?
                          Min at 7s - other than Altior in the CC and UDS in the Ryanair there aren't other big dangers.
                          Samcro at 4s - hopefully continues the winning streak and for either novice races will have a huge shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                            The problem with Willie is that he'll always give you his honest current opinion but that changes on a day to day basis
                            And this is why betting ante post, more so on Mullins horses because of the quality and volume he has, is fraught with such danger...

Comment

Min at 7s - other than Altior in the CC and UDS in the Ryanair there aren't other big dangers.
                              Samcro at 4s - hopefully continues the winning streak and for either novice races will have a huge shot.
                              Samcro at 4s any race is value to yourself ?
                              Just out of interest

Comment

• Small chances he goes Supreme, given where he's entered at the weekend. But at 4/1 it won't matter because I'd rather not win @ 8/1 than lose at 5/1 if they do switch to Supreme, and I think he stands great chance in both.

Comment

Working...
                                X