Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Win Any Race 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Similar to me GB - I have more on him than any other horse when I factor in the multiples
    The 16s for Samcro has now gone, best price I can find now is 12s with 365. WH still offering 10s any race too if interested

Comment

I thought that it was worth giving this a bump to see if anyone has any suggestions where there is value still to be had??

As I've mentioned in other threads, I've played this much more this year - especially with novices.

Finians Oscar - 9pts @ 6's
      Samcro - 5pts @ 10's
      Petit Mouchoir - 2pts @ 13's & 4pts @ 6's
      Monalee - 4pts @ 10's
      Slate House - 2pts @ 16's
      Red Jack - 2pts @ 14's
      Pym - 2pts @ 14's
      Presenting Percy - 2pts @ 14's
      Bacardys - 2pts @ 10's

Total 34 pts staked - One winner (in most cases) would cover the outlay

Ravenhill Road @ 20's (WH) may be my next victim...

Comment

Ravenhill Road @20/1 looks the obvious oneto me when I look at the list.

You've just reminded me, I must back bacardys in this market

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
          I thought that it was worth giving this a bump to see if anyone has any suggestions where there is value still to be had??

As I've mentioned in other threads, I've played this much more this year - especially with novices.

Finians Oscar - 9pts @ 6's
          Samcro - 5pts @ 10's
          Petit Mouchoir - 2pts @ 13's & 4pts @ 6's
          Monalee - 4pts @ 10's
          Slate House - 2pts @ 16's
          Red Jack - 2pts @ 14's
          Pym - 2pts @ 14's
          Presenting Percy - 2pts @ 14's
          Bacardys - 2pts @ 10's

Total 34 pts staked - One winner (in most cases) would cover the outlay

Ravenhill Road @ 20's (WH) may be my next victim...
          Sam Brown at 33s would be my idea of value at this stage. Annoys me I couldn't get it.
          Entered up now, and may not look value after the weekend lol. But I think he's a very good stayer. 2m4 +

In the any race markets. Iv personally backed.

Finians 8s
          Samcro 14s
          Bacardys 12s
          Petit mouchoir 12s 10s
          Sutton place 14s
          Footpad 16s.
          Blow by blow 16s
          Debuchet 14s
          Red jack 16s

Regret not backing death duty at 12s, but thought it was a tad short when rsa 20s. And ended up going back in at 20s jlt which cost me considerable value.
          Last edited by Scooby91; 26 October 2017, 11:31 AM.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

For me so far:

Samcro 14/1, 12/1, 10/1
            Petit Mouchior 10/1
            Red Jack 16/1
            Finians Oscar 6/1

Comment

For me I have
              Samcro at 14, 12 and 10s
              Red Jack 16s

Comment

Fox Norton 4/1 - would be shorter if he went Ryanair
                Wouldn't be in the GC unless he went KG and won? - 50s available as highlighted in GC thread
                CC would probably need D and A not to turn up to be shorter than 4/1

I do still think the 11/4 about Douvan is a price well worth considering again though...

11/4 Douvan

Now realistically, is Douvan going to go off bigger prices than that?
                CC - vs Altior... they won't meet until then, and Douvan is only 11/4 NOW in the CC market and that price factors in the fact he may not run

Ryanair - Can't be ruled out and would make some sense.... would be way shorter than 11/4 no matter what turned up?!

Gold Cup - Will surely only go for the Gold CUp if he has WON a trial for it? If he wins the King George he won't be any bigger than Thistlecrack was that is for sure!!! Incredibly unlikely both Yorkhill AND Douvan both ran in the same race too, so if DOuvan was the chosen one, his price would contract for being 'the chosen one' anyway.

In short, 8 pts now could save plenty of sleepless nights? I haven't backed this myself but I think I've made less convincing arguements in my time
                CC - still 11/4 Any race with the "DOUBTS" or certainly un-ideal prep for Altior.... this now seems quite generous? Especially as he is 3/1 best priced and that factors in the 'uncertainty'

Ryanair, no change on previously, if he runs he goes off odds on and wins with a clear round. No chance he'd be north of 11/4

Gold Cup - Most unlikely still, and surely only a KG win would see Douvan turn up.... and then he would be shorter than 11/4

I didn't back it at the time I posted, but now I've seen Faugheen make a come back, I think the second I see Min ping a few fences on Sunday, I will have 8 pts at 11/4 (WH) on Douvan in this market and hope that Willie can make it 3 out of 3 stars that show the same zest when he comes out.

What do people think?

Comment

When fit Douvan is the best horse in racing and should never be odds against for any race, luckily I get paid next Friday so can put a couple of units on before the Tingle Creek if he is declared

Comment

Is this a parallel world in which Douvan bubble didn't burst? I guess failing to win one of the worst renewals of CC means he was injured or just a blip. If he really was injured how could he have jumped the last fence in the CC as beautifully, I wonder. People do like to overrate this animal and lose their houses in the process.

Comment

I don't mean to be rude oceans, but are you on the wind up? Are you trying to suggest that was as good as Douvan actually is? A horse that can't beat Traffic Fluide or Sir Valentino?

I think it's pretty obvious that bubbles weren't burst, but the horse was plainly wrong on the day. And finished lame.

It seems odd to forget all the scintillating performances he has produced and use that one run as some kind of proof he isn't as good as some might suggest. Especially when he won 12 or 13 races previously.

Comment

Hopefully serves as a warning the above poster who waits for Friday pay to waste it on Douvan return. Never beat a decent 2 mile chaser, was found for whatever reason the first time in open company and apparently returns from an injury. Mullins wanted to take him 3 miles but Walsh convinced him to stay for 2, however the former is known to change his mind and Douvan could end up in Ryanair with Min going for the CC.

Comment

Changing of minds won't be an issue, as I think that he is referring to the "any race" market...
                          Barring injury, you get a run for your money.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                            When fit Douvan is the best horse in racing and should never be odds against for any race, luckily I get paid next Friday so can put a couple of units on before the Tingle Creek if he is declared
                            I'm not sure we can say he is the best horse in racing just yet but he is certainly one of them.

Comment

It's all about opinions at the end of the day...
                              If we all bet they same way... it would get quite boring!!

Oceans.. have you made any plays in this market?

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                I'm not sure we can say he is the best horse in racing just yet but he is certainly one of them.
                                The 11/4 any race is too big though, considering the vibe that's coming from connections.

Comment

Working...
                                X