Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Win Any Race 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    If he can kick them down as well as Faugheen we're on to a winner.

Bit of devils advocate though ... his bumper form? Are we getting excited over hype ?
    It's a fair point Kev, the form of those bumper wins is pretty average with barely a winner coming out of his 3 races last season.

Quiz question - which other Cheltenham festival winner ran in Faugheen's bumper?

I'm trusting my eye on this occasion though. The way he quickened, on decent ground, was unbelievable. I'm believing the hype on this occasion.

Comment

Josses hill I believe.
      Samcro' s bumper form and ptp win against elegant escape dosen't scream certain grade 1 horse. Infact gordon himself has bumper horses with better form. I assume people are reading into what elliot has said. The purchase price and his potential.

Ps I have backed him at 16s any race. He's a ridiculous price any race now imo.
      Last edited by Scooby91; 9 October 2017, 08:23 AM.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        Quiz question - which other Cheltenham festival winner ran in Faugheen's bumper?
        I had to look this up, so will not answer, it was only this year too!

Comment

Apologies I diddnt see the winner part

Comment

Rock the world won the Grand Annual

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
              Rock the world won the Grand Annual
              Well done Billy.

I don't think 10/1 Any Race is ridiculous, far from it. We have seen him on a racecourse and what he did in the final furlong of his last bumper win was breathtaking. Yes, he still has to come and prove he can hurdle but the ability is certainly there.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he was a supreme horse.

Comment

Well done Billy.

I don't think 10/1 Any Race is ridiculous, far from it. We have seen him on a racecourse and what he did in the final furlong of his last bumper win was breathtaking. Yes, he still has to come and prove he can hurdle but the ability is certainly there.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he was a supreme horse.

I'd be almost certain he wouldn't run in the supreme. His last race in a bumper the form is awful.

Last ptp winner to win supreme? And I don't know the answer to that one

Comment

Up in trip is where i expect the improvement from samcro to come.
                  There's definitely huge value in the supreme market however.

Comment

Not sure about the last ptp winner to win the supreme (good question, I'll have a look) but Faugheen won a ptp and he won a champion hurdle. They are out of the same sire so he could be another freak.

Comment

Not sure about the last ptp winner to win the supreme (good question, I'll have a look) but Faugheen won a ptp and he won a champion hurdle. They are out of the same sire so he could be another freak.
                      And like Faugheen I suspect Samcro goes Neptune route too, at least that's what I'm hoping now I am on ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        Up in trip is where i expect the improvement from samcro to come.
                        There's definitely huge value in the supreme market however.
                        He's have more chance of ending up in the martin pipe than the supreme for me.
                        Just my opinion though

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                          He's have more chance of ending up in the martin pipe than the supreme for me.
                          Just my opinion though
                          Haha I hope not

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            And like Faugheen I suspect Samcro goes Neptune route too, at least that's what I'm hoping now I am on ;-)
                            I've gone back quite a few years and can't find a p2p winner of the supreme which is hardly surprising, that said, Faugheen wouldn't have been out of place in the Supreme.

The Neptune is most likely target for Samcro but I'd say Supreme is much more likely than Albert Bartlett from what I've seen.

Comment

I've gone back quite a few years and can't find a p2p winner of the supreme which is hardly surprising, that said, Faugheen wouldn't have been out of place in the Supreme.

The Neptune is most likely target for Samcro but I'd say Supreme is much more likely than Albert Bartlett from what I've seen.
                              PP have gone 8/1 today on Samcro for the Neptune today, ridiculous, unless they have legitimately taken a decent bet on him, this far out though, I doubt it!

Oh, and 6/1 'Any Race' now too!

Comment

I don't think PP take a decent bet these days, particularly ante post.

8/1 is laughable, what price are they going to quote if (when) he wins his maiden hurdle impressively

Comment

Working...
                                X