Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Yes that beating of Moon racer showed quite a lot of ability in particular.

When they declared in Jan that he wasn't going to go over hurdles he was most likely to be their Neptune horse with Barra taking in the mares novice race. She ended up in the Neptune as wer know: BBB is 20/1 for the Neptune again and 20 for the Albert Bartlett. Certainly feasible he could slot in to either this season as Samcro might be 'better ' so cam see why 14/1 would appeal
    Yeh that beating of Moon Racer was impressive the way he dug in. I think the injury stuff pre-cheltenham was minor and the decision to wait till this season was to preserve his novice status. Some firms are priced 7/1 on the win any race market so I think hills are being very generous at 14's. BBB beat Bacardys who went on to win the grade 1 champion novice hurdle, moon racer who was deemed good enough to race in the Champion Hurdle, Presenting Percy who won at Cheltenham and others that have gone on to win well since. If he can take to hurdling he will be a force to be reckoned with and as you rightly point out, given there are 2 or potentially 3 routes he can go down, the 'to win any race' price becomes very appealing.

Does anyone know if the 'win any race' market is available with Hills in their shops?

No idea Faugheen_Machine but I will find out and post up later.

I will be snaffling up 14's and 10's on BBB and Samcro respectively on a weekly basis

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post

I will be snaffling up 14's and 10's on BBB and Samcro respectively on a weekly basis
    Welcome to the forum

Many/any bets placed so far?

I love the any race market but would prefer to wait until you can at least bet with some confidence your selection is heading to Cheltenham.
    It's a great market for a handicapper who could be entered in 3/4 races, but I'd at least want to know that my horse has survived the Summer and is targeting the festival, betting now brings into play a few added risks for me...

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post

That'll be my plan too if I can place the bets in shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Does anyone know if the 'win any race' market is available with Hills in their shops?
    Should be Faugheen - I placed the Yorkhill 'any race' bet in one of their shops granted they did have to phone up and confirm

It is available Faugheen but she said as Jono did above, they need to call from the store to confirm

Thanks. I'll call in tomorrow and top up on Samcro

11/4 Douvan

Now realistically, is Douvan going to go off bigger prices than that?
    CC - vs Altior... they won't meet until then, and Douvan is only 11/4 NOW in the CC market and that price factors in the fact he may not run
    Ryanair - Can't be ruled out and would make some sense.... would be way shorter than 11/4 no matter what turned up?!
    Gold Cup - Will surely only go for the Gold CUp if he has WON a trial for it? If he wins the King George he won't be any bigger than Thistlecrack was that is for sure!!! Incredibly unlikely both Yorkhill AND Douvan both ran in the same race too, so if DOuvan was the chosen one, his price would contract for being 'the chosen one' anyway.

In short, 8 pts now could save plenty of sleepless nights? I haven't backed this myself but I think I've made less convincing arguements in my time