Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ante post on the Flat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ante post on the Flat

Can't see a thread for this -

I thought I might look at the first "main festival" and the ante post prices.Royal Ascot

The bankers for Royal Ascot are looking like being Caravaggio (Commenwealth Cup) / Ribchester (Queen Anne) and possibly Order of St George (Ascot Gold Cup) / and Minding (Prince of Wales)

I haven't got any tasty prices on Churchill running this weekend but 4/11 looks terrific value to me in the Irish 2000 Guineas and I am very tempted to double him up with all 4 of these in some form or another. (I would also put Churchill in as a banker in the St James Palace at Royal Ascot but I know plenty would fancy the few that followed him home in the Guineas to reverse the form)

I haven't really done much ante post on the flat before, other than maybe a week or so before if I am aware something will drastically shorten.

What do people think, on the day will you be able to get:

Caravaggio 5/4
    Ribchester 15/8
    Order of St George 2/1
    Minding 7/4

I would see Ribchester as the one most likely to shorten, tiny chance Minding will appear and Ribchester has now beaten everything he could be up against quite soundly
    Caravaggio looked a champion sprinter last year and showed a cracking turn of foot to win at the weekend, albeit you'd have been extremely unhappy if he hadn't.

Treble with Churchill kicking it off this weekend... will keep me warm until Royal Ascot starts I reckon

I made Ribchester the best Miler in racing last year but he disappointed on Champions Day and then failed in Meydan earlier this season, so he had plenty of questions to answer for me despite a comfortable win at Newbury a couple of weeks back.
    He had conditions in his favour that day and it won't be the strongest G1 mile race you'll see, when the ground quickens up I think he might meet his match so the weather is key to this ones chances.

Comment

I can't see anything older that is going to get close. Solow gone too? You got any in mind you think could improve past him?

I did forget to mention Alpha Centuri for the Albany (7/4) .... hugely impressive. Had the big double with Caracaggio on the day last week and will probably do the same double when Royal Ascot roles around.

Comment

Main Desire has been very impressive on her two starts so far, almost breaking the course record at Nottingham on her debut, she followed it up with a impressive win at York last week.

Hopefully Michael Bell targets the Queen Mary Stakes at the Royal meeting. I'm not tempted by the 6/1 yet but she'll definitely be on the shortlist of she turns up.

Comment

Sorry I didn't see the Royal Ascot thread...could have put the above in there

Main Desire has passed me by...will watch the videos shortly.

Comment

Working...
          X