Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Royal Ascot 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Ascot 2017

All views welcome

My first ante post play is Mori in the Ribblesdale at 25/1.

I had hoped she'd develop into a Oaks Filly but it appears they're going to skip the classic. She's beautifully bred, by Frankel out of Midday, and trained my the master Sir Michael Stoute.

She put in her best work in during the last 100yrds of her maiden win and looks like she'll appreciate the step up to a mile and a half. Entered to run at Goodwood on Thursday, her price will be cut significantly if she puts in the performance I hope and expect.

It's a bet on potential rather proven ability, and the voucher may be in the bin if she runs terribly on Thursday, but I'm prepared to take the chance that she could be rather good.

Comment

Morning Faugheen , I don't usually do any antepost bets for Ascot, although I like to bet during the week.
      In the interests of F.J , i shall take a look and report back ,.

Comment

There are a few on my radar at the moment for Ascot:

Dream Castle: I hope they drop him back in trip for the Commonwealth Cup. He has loads of speed and was unlucky in running during the 2000G, having his run checked on a couple of occasions. He's not an ante post betting proposition at the moment though as he is also entered in the St James Palace and will potentially also be considered for the Jersey Stakes too.

Tasleet: an impressive winner aof the Duke of York Stakes last week, he could be called the winner fully 2F from home. He had an interrupted campaign last season but was a very talented 2yr old. Having won over 7f, I feel like 6F at Ascot will be ideal for him. Hes a strong traveller, isn't ground dependent and will have Him Crowley in the plate (who I rate very highly over sprint distances). 14/1 is too big imo.

Outback Traveller: he won the Wokingham last season and I think he'll win it again this year. His seasonal debut was eye catching, given a very sympathetic ride, it was good to see him travel strongly again (something he hadn't done since his Wokingham win). He is 4lb higher last his win last season but if back to his best he has to be in the shake up. This race isn't priced up yet but I'm hoping to get 25/1 or bigger and, if so, he's maximum bet material for me.

Comment

Outback Traveller is 25/1 with Betfred for the Wokingham. I've had maximum bet on him.

Comment

I've laid my money down . L.15 - 1. barney roy -st james palace stakes -5-2
            - 2. Almanzor -prince of wales stakes - 9-2
            - 3. Vazirabad - ascot gold cup - 6-1
            -4. Tasleet - diamond jubilee -12-1

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              My first ante post play is Mori in the Ribblesdale at 25/1.

I had hoped she'd develop into a Oaks Filly but it appears they're going to skip the classic. She's beautifully bred, by Frankel out of Midday, and trained my the master Sir Michael Stoute.

She put in her best work in during the last 100yrds of her maiden win and looks like she'll appreciate the step up to a mile and a half. Entered to run at Goodwood on Thursday, her price will be cut significantly if she puts in the performance I hope and expect.

It's a bet on potential rather proven ability, and the voucher may be in the bin if she runs terribly on Thursday, but I'm prepared to take the chance that she could be rather good.
              Smart move Faugheen !!.

Comment

Thanks BC - I think I have a live one at least

Comment

Very impressive. Frustrating that I went to place a bet on it and got side tracked and decided to look at a different race instead and completely forgot. I did have a call from a friend today who said he expects Mori to hack up and I didn't get on either....

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    Thanks BC - I think I have a live one at least
                    I will definitely add Mori to my list , At the moment i can only see it on sky bet and betfair i think ,
                    Call me old fashioned , but i only bet in the shops. so will have
                    to wait till the high st has prices , Trying to pick out horses with just the one
                    entry, or at least the race is the most likely entry ,.
                    I like Tasleet as well , won Impressively .

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Very impressive. Frustrating that I went to place a bet on it and got side tracked and decided to look at a different race instead and completely forgot. I did have a call from a friend today who said he expects Mori to hack up and I didn't get on either....
                      Got to stay focussed Kev , EYES ON THE PRIZE !!. (smiley).l.ol.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                        I will definitely add Mori to my list , At the moment i can only see it on sky bet and betfair i think ,
                        Call me old fashioned , but i only bet in the shops. so will have
                        to wait till the high st has prices , Trying to pick out horses with just the one
                        entry, or at least the race is the most likely entry ,.
                        I like Tasleet as well , won Impressively .
                        I think the internet firms are pricing up the markets much earlier than the high street bookies these days - not sure why though.

Comment

BC .... I can't see a benefit to betting 'live'? I'm not old enough to have known any different, but I assume you get BOG online still so I just don't get why anyonme would make the trip unles they "can't get on".... Strikes me as one of those 'good problems' but online is absolutely the way to go if you can, even if you dont want to?

Comment

Morning Kev, I think it's mainly for a bit of self restraint, I'd worry if i had an acc ,i would be doing needless bets ,
                            As things are , its a ten minute drive , so makes me think twice in most cases.,

Comment

Hugh Taylor has put Outback Traveller up for the Wokingham. Best price 12/1 now.

He has ruined the price for everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X