Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Punchestown 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punchestown 2017

2 Spring Festivals down, 1 to go!

Has the look of a great festival. Elliott is ahead in the trainers title but Mullins has dominated the past festivals - can he claw it back?
    And of course the return of Annie Power!

Tuesday 25th

2m Champion Novice Hurdle - all eyes will be on Labaik back in Ireland - will he start? And Melon, further progression and he may be their CH horse next year?
    2m Champion Chase - Can God's Own continue his fine track record against Un de Sceaux?
    3m Champion Novice Chase - Belshill another who loves the track but Disko back over 3miles is interesting - strong form lines with Our Duke

Wednesday 26th

3m Novice Hurdle - Penhill vs Monalee vs Presenting Percy into grade 1 company
    Gold Cup - Can throw up odd results but can Sizing John follow up his Cheltenham win. The return of Coneygree
    Bumper - Has thrown up the likes of Blow by Blow, Belshill, Shaneshill and Champagne Fever over the last few years. Fayonagh vs Poli Roi vs Someday

Thursday 27th

3m Champion Stayers - UNWIMH will hope to get revenge on Nicols Canyon. Sutton Place a very interesting runner
    2m Ryanair Novice Chase - Great Field the one to beat?

Friday 28th

2m Champion Hurdle - Will Annie Power run here? Can she win it?
    2m4 Champion Novice Hurdle - Death Duty drops back to 2m4 - can he get back to winning ways, excuses last time out?
    Foxhunters - Can On The Fringe bounce back and win this for an amazing 6 times?

Saturday 29th

2m4 Mares Champion Hurdle - No Limini but could be a rematch between Apples Jade and VVM - same outcome? Would be great if the title went down to this day.

Plus lots of handicaps where both Mullins and particularly Elliott should have plenty of runners.

Any thoughts 5 days out?

I'm also going there for the first time this year for my stag do on the Friday so feel free to post up any tips for that day...can't see much form study done...
    Last edited by jono; 21 April 2017, 07:00 AM.

I like Ballycasey today - based purely on a superstition I have about horses going for a three timer

Comment

Labaik WAFC

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
        Labaik WAFC
        He'll probably never start again!

Comment

Did Labaik not end up getting sold? I thought that was happening?

Comment

Couldn't find a buyer apparently Kev.
            He was a short price to be wearing JPs colours for me...

Comment

I don't think he even went into the sales ring at Aintree.

Comment

Not sure if this has anything to do with situation about the dodgy horse ...

Todays darts

Crossed My Mind @ 8/1
                Baden @ 10/1
                Bon Papa @ 25/1
                Coneygree @ 6/1
                Someday @ 7/2
                Peoples Park @ 12/1
                Heinz, 57*bets * £0.15 *E/W

Comment

Punchestown is so tough. At Cheltenham, we assume 99% of the horses are being aimed and primedto be therre that week - at Punchestown I think half the battle is working out who is right when they say how in form there horse is...

Did Djakadam 'come-on' for his Gold Cup run? Did Sizing John under-perform on his Cheltenham performance to allow Djakadam to be closer? Is how close Coneygree got, on that ground, reason to knock the form a bit? Was it a better piece of form that Cheltenham?

Almost impossible to make any money this week I am 30 points down so far.... limited myself to one lucky 63 tomorrow just to stop me pumping money in to races and markets I am only seeing for the first time the night before... anyone having a good week?

Comment

Tomorrow I like Barra.

The Wee Gordy v Willie battle is adding to the fun.

Comment

It's easy to get carried away with bumper horses but Fayonagh has the look of a very special horse to me and her effortless win yesterday only re-affirmed that.
                      The form of her wins has been boosted every time one goes to the racecourse.
                      The fast finishing Chelt 4th, Next Destination, goes in the lucky last today, at 5/6 this one won't be everyone's bet but this has the look of 'buying money'....

Comment

I had cilaos emery , fox norton and vision des flos in my L.31 on tues , so I'm up ( more luck than judgement ).
                        Broke even yesterday with C'est jersey, today not looking so good , but you never know.!!.

Comment

Today. Fri , - 1. Last goodbye - 4-20
                          2.def. ruby - 4-55
                          3. v.v. mag - 5-30
                          4. f. oscar - 6-05
                          5. minella for value - 6-40
                          L.31.

Comment

Woodland Opera and Finians Oscar my main bets today.

Good luck BC

Comment

Augusta Kate should go very close tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X