Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Epsom Derby 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're absolutely right Ista...

Found this from 2016

The Sheikh looking to play the Godolphin Blues

Sheikh Mohammed's vast Godolphin racing and thoroughbred breeding network has won the Derby twice, but never yet with the jockey wearing the distinctive silks that have seen the global, Dubai-based operation dubbed 'The Boys in Blue'.

Both Lammtarra (1995) and New Approach (2008) ran in the colours of other members of the Sheikh's family, and how he'd relish the opportunity to remedy that situation. This is perhaps the year for it to be done as two live chances are aimed at the Classic, historically known as the 'Blue Riband'.

Comment

Let's have your Oaks/Derby doubles:

Rhododendron and Best Solution for me.

Comment

Oaks/ Derby double - Enable / Permian.

Comment

There are some key trends on the Derby, the draw is vital and you need to be drawn middle (3-10).
          Age is also a massive one, and before you think I've gone made the 3yo race is a brutal test of speed and stamina, horses foaled in May just don't win and the more recent trends support 7 April as being the cut off point which suggest Best Solution, Cracksman, Permian and Salouen can't win.

I'm already fairly deep on Dubai Thunder and Benbatl but the draw was horrific for me, I've therefore had a few quid on Venice Beach and may well be pressing that one tomorrow....

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            Let's have your Oaks/Derby doubles:

Rhododendron and Best Solution for me.
            Horseplay/Venice Beach

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
              Oaks/ Derby double - Enable / Permian.
              Good luck BC!

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                There are some key trends on the Derby, the draw is vital and you need to be drawn middle (3-10).
                Age is also a massive one, and before you think I've gone made the 3yo race is a brutal test of speed and stamina, horses foaled in May just don't win and the more recent trends support 7 April as being the cut off point which suggest Best Solution, Cracksman, Permian and Salouen can't win.

I'm already fairly deep on Dubai Thunder and Benbatl but the draw was horrific for me, I've therefore had a few quid on Venice Beach and may well be pressing that one tomorrow....
                Interesting that the first two in the Oaks were the two oldest fillies. I'm on Capri ew but I suspect he's more St Leger material.

Comment

Well i guess nobody backed the winner ?., my mate backed it, coz he's a crystal palace fan , but there were 2 eagle horses,
                  and guess what , he meant to back the other one !. so it was a lucky mistake .

Comment

Didn't even look at Wings of Eagles. Interesting they've priced upCracksman as fav to turn him over in the Irish Derby. WOE could improve again too.

Comment

I think the general consensus was that Cracksman lost his action and changed his legs so many times that on a different track he could be much better.

I saw Churchill was priced at 8/1 for the Eclipse, no-one expected him to stay the Derby trip but he might last 10f and if they let him take his chance 8/1 will look massive...

Comment

Working...
                      X