Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Epsom Derby 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite having 10/1 and 11/2 in a trixie, Moldova coming 3rd at Eurovision at 150/1 was my best result of the day... I smashed it up haha.

One of those lucky days where the losers I had seemed to be in the same multiples.

The racing today isn't anywhere near as appealing so I might have a look at some ante-post markets

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Despite having 10/1 and 11/2 in a trixie, Moldova coming 3rd at Eurovision at 150/1 was my best result of the day... I smashed it up haha.
      Just get against UK, it's been like printing money for years....

Comment

I picked out half a dozen horses on sat, but ended up not betting , Lucky really , as only 1 winner and
        another couple placed , would have lost for sure .
        As i'm going to the Derby this year I've had 1 antepost bet - cliffs of moher at 12-1.
        Not totally convinced it will run , but if it does, in with a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          Just get against UK, it's been like printing money for years....
          Amazing how the worlds top music nation, (or at worst 2nd top) can send such shite to the Eurovision, haven't watched any since they took Wogan off, he was the only thing that made it worth watching, he was hilarious

Comment

Politics Mr M, very little to do with musical talent...

Comment

Agree with that Ista, just a shame i didn't have a tenner on some random aussie dropping his dacks on stage !.L.O.L.

Comment

Churchill weak today ...what have I missed ?

Comment

Not sure about churchill mayo , but they just said on itv that crystal ocean doesn't run in the derby ,
                  apparently bit of a plunge onit last few days
                  Last edited by BigChaang; 18 May 2017, 03:33 PM. Reason: mis named horse

Comment

I would disagree there - the main issue is the UK doesn't take it seriously and sends proper dross. Other countries send actual pop stars - their neighbours vote for them because they've heard of them. Year after year Russia are pilloried politically but put effort in on the song and get votes.

Back in 2011, the UK entered Blue. They did a ok song, but they did a huge European tour, performed at all the eurovision events around the continent, came 11th overall but 5th in the televote (the judges hated it haha), and 3rd in the OGAE (the hardcore EV fan club) vote. Seemingly UK decided not to build on that and went back to sending gutrot, compared to Sweden who send huge pop bangers every year and have an amazing recent record

Comment

Looks like Dubai Thunder will be lining up, anyone give this one a squeek ?

Comment

He was brilliant on debut but I'm not sure I could back a horse to win the Derby after just one run. That said, something has to win it and I don't particularly fancy anything at the moment. Best Solution is top of my shortlist now, having already backed several non runners in the race.

Comment

Looks like Dubai Thunder will be lining up, anyone give this one a squeek ?
                          I always have the nagging doubt that impressive Godolphin newcomers don't back up ... I don't know why that would be.

Pretty uninspiring Derby really... I have Yucatan at 25 and Cliffs of Moher at 8s and that'll be all I have. Not got a strong opinion on either winning, I just expected them to shorten!

Comment

Not sure if you know but Yucatan's not running Kev

I've backed 3 non runners so far, including Yucatan so have decided to wait until day of race market before I get involved again.

Comment

Oh no I hadn't seen! Disappointing as I'd seen him clipped in to 14s...

Galileo has it in the bag with one of the others no doubt haha

Comment

I did some research on the race last week and unless I've got it wrong Godolphin have never won the race ?
                                Staggering when you think of the riches they have, and the fact they've won so many other races at the Epsom festival....

Comment

Working...
                                X