Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Horses To Take Out Of Cheltenham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morning Glory View Post
    JP pole position to buy something out of Gordons ?
    He doesn't usually move them though so would he leave him in Gordons to campaign in GB ?

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      I think he'll be a JLT ​or RSA horse for next season BC.
      Thanks Faugheen , He'll be on my shortlist , Also Willoughby court , interesting write up there Mayo.

Comment

Yes - it's a gamble one of the smaller owners will probably be unwilling to take so someone like JP will buy the horse.

It'll be loose change to him
        Maybe Potts'? Be very interesting to see what happens with him. Certain to be over in England though

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Maybe Potts'? Be very interesting to see what happens with him. Certain to be over in England though
          A JP and Potts shootout - i might try and stay back and watch this

Comment

A JP and Potts shootout - i might try and stay back and watch this
            I'm still confused as to what actually did happen? Academic now anyway though

Comment

This is all I've read on it Kev. I feel sorry for the other connections.

THE Criminal Assets Bureau will today try to seize control of Cheltenham-winning horse Labaik — part-owned by convicted drug dealer John Boylan. Detectives investigating the hood will go into the H…

Comment

Very strange situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Very strange situation.
                  Yeah, any update?

Comment

Have we spoken about Neon Wolf?

Did he 'get outstayed' by a stronger stayer?
                    As a Chaser is he likely to step up in trip, or down? Or stay the same?

I'd be pretty confident that he won't be an RSA horse even if they see him as a stayer in the future, because of the amount of speed he has shown so far... Owners not TOO FUSSED about Cheltenham though, on record as saying they prefer Punchestown? So would the slightly easier option (obviously impossible to know if that is true yet) of the JLT might be where they go?

I want to start including Neon Wolf in the odd multiple, 14s for the Arkle I think would be smashing... strongly run 2m? Ground likely to be Good (Good to soft) on the Tuesday at best?

In short, I am asking if anyone has any quotes about trip

Comment

Neon wolf should make a smashing chaser, would like to see him in the Arkle. 8/1 to win any race is not a bad price with WH considering skybet are 4/1!
                      I've Finians Oscar for the JLT so keep him out of that!

Comment

Neon Wolf just missed the last in the Neptune, if he'd met that on a stride he would probably have won, and the front pair pulled clear of the third, so I don't think stamina is a problem and there's nothing to suggest the RSA wouldn't suit if they choose to tackle the bigger obstacles, though I remember a few judges at the time saying he could easily be a Champion Hurdler....

Comment

I think it's hard to be anything but excited about Neon Wolf next season. I think Willoughby Court is still coming out of the season underated so that Neptune 2nd imo will look strong given time.

A few quotes from Harry Fry:

He's a big unit of a horse, a tank of a horse really, so he wouldn't want quickish ground (after Haydock)

Neon Wolf is a fine big, strong horse who, I felt, would benefit from a run for experience before going hurdling as he was well short of peak fitness despite doing plenty of work at home. (after Uttoxeter)

He is an Irish point-to-point winner who is an out and out galloper and another who definitely wants soft in the going description. He will be out when the weather changes and probably straight in a novice hurdle over two miles plus (16/17 stable tour)
                          If he has filled out over the summer as you'd expect I think those quotes suggest he could be going for the longer trip. An out and out galloper who has won a PTP over 3 miles would make you think RSA? Reading between the lines i'd say it's unlikely he'll be going for the Arkle - though I do agree based on what we have seen so far a strongly run 2m wouldn't worry him either.

Comment

Working...
                          X