Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Neon Wolf just missed the last in the Neptune, if he'd met that on a stride he would probably have won, and the front pair pulled clear of the third, so I don't think stamina is a problem and there's nothing to suggest the RSA wouldn't suit if they choose to tackle the bigger obstacles, though I remember a few judges at the time saying he could easily be a Champion Hurdler....

I think it's hard to be anything but excited about Neon Wolf next season. I think Willoughby Court is still coming out of the season underated so that Neptune 2nd imo will look strong given time.

A few quotes from Harry Fry:

He's a big unit of a horse, a tank of a horse really, so he wouldn't want quickish ground (after Haydock)

Neon Wolf is a fine big, strong horse who, I felt, would benefit from a run for experience before going hurdling as he was well short of peak fitness despite doing plenty of work at home. (after Uttoxeter)

He is an Irish point-to-point winner who is an out and out galloper and another who definitely wants soft in the going description. He will be out when the weather changes and probably straight in a novice hurdle over two miles plus (16/17 stable tour)
    If he has filled out over the summer as you'd expect I think those quotes suggest he could be going for the longer trip. An out and out galloper who has won a PTP over 3 miles would make you think RSA? Reading between the lines i'd say it's unlikely he'll be going for the Arkle - though I do agree based on what we have seen so far a strongly run 2m wouldn't worry him either.