Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Hospital

Funny isn't it(or not) that after months of deliberation and discussion we are in the main struggling,this has been my worst Cheltenham in years mainly due to injuries and horses getting pulled from one race to another( cause of causes 25/1 20 ew hurt). Hopefully at 1745 tonight this thread will be full of people celebrating a brilliantly successful Friday. Good luck chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipiter View Post
    Post in here if you are, like me, wounded from the battle with the bookies.

Have a very depleted antepost book left. Minella Rocca and Wait for Me and a BIG bet on Defi de Seuil and Death Duty and a couple for stakes back in yankees (which at this rate Id gladly accept.!!)

Tough tough week so far.

Down but not out.
    Im checking myself out lads!!!! What a difference one race makes!!!

I was down. Im bloody not any more

Quote Originally Posted by mayo View Post
    2/3 aint bad. (in the words of Meatloaf)
    "The legend that is" Meatloaf

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    "The legend that is" Meatloaf
    I met meatloaf once , in Brighton at his concert , he is indeed " a Legend " !!.

The bandages are off and I'm ready to re enter the fray!

Quote Originally Posted by robith View Post
    The bandages are off and I'm ready to re enter the fray!
    welcome back robith

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    welcome back robith
    I've done the analysis and learnt my lessons

- Singles are vital - don't rely on multiples. Believed my own hype this year.
    - Looking back since I've been into the sport (since 2014) I average 6 winners per festival, but an astonishing 14 places per festival. Doing more win only bets this year was a big misstep
    - Stung the year before I placed fewer ante post bets last year, but this mostly meant horses I fancied a long way out (UDS, Yorkhill, DDS for eg) I simply got at far worse prices

- Looking back since I've been into the sport (since 2014) I average 6 winners per festival, but an astonishing 14 places per festival. Doing more win only bets this year was a big misstep
    - Stung the year before I placed fewer ante post bets last year, but this mostly meant horses I fancied a long way out (UDS, Yorkhill, DDS for eg) I simply got at far worse prices
    Welcome back

Good, solid and actionable lessons!

I've certainly had more singles this year too

I'm also making a conscious effort to place more singles this year, and making use of the 'win any race' markets where possible.

Kev - out of interest, what percentage of your singles are each way bets at the moment? I rarely do them this far in advance of the festival (due to losing double the amount if they don't run) but feel like I may be missing a trick. Do you only place them when you are almost certain of their target?