Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Friday 17th March - Gold Cup Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
    Ya can't keep a good dreamer down
    Give us a report next week...

Comment

DDS
      Djakadam/MOT
      Battleford

The ones I need today

Have 80% of stake money back and a few live ones running on today. Minella Rocco also a winner for me but no faith in him.

Comment

At what point does Native River become value ?

Tizzard form the elephant in the room but question marks over all of these ...Djakdam very short now.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
          At what point does Native River become value ?

Tizzard form the elephant in the room but question marks over all of these ...Djakdam very short now.
          He's value now. I havent been with him for long but that was due to being with Thistlecrack. I can't see him being out of the frame so at very least he's an e/w bet to nothing

Comment

The scattergun is out today, I've added:

Master Blueyes 15/2
            Vosne Romanee 28/1
            Court Minstrel 40/1
            Wholestone 15/2
            Grand Jesture 40/1
            Sweet as a nut 25/1
            Coo Star Sivola 16/1
            Dell Arca 40/1
            Solita 33/1
            Pairofbrowneyes 25/1

Comment

Ended on a winning note. Defi Du Seuil different class and the only one of my long-term ante-post bets to succeed, Landofhopeandglory like all of the others just not good enough; the County turned into a mess, North Hill Harvey pretty woeful but Mohayyed ran well and might have done even better with someone like Denis O'Regan on board; Death Duty was another Elliott duffer, looking beat even before he was hampered; Sizing John was a well deserved and progressive winner and I think Native River ran well considering the presence of Champagne West didn't seem to enable him to find a rhythm; On The Fringe ran as if the year's had finally caught up with him but Coo Star Sivola ran extremely well, particularly as he was harried for much of the journey by a horse employing totally different tactics.

Ended up winning £5 more than last year. There's consistency. I am convinced it would have been considerably more had the real Empire Of Dirt turned up. He could easily have won the Irish Gold Cup and we saw what the winner was capable of today.

Plenty of top performances this week and confirmation of the strength of Irish racing. Can't wait for it to come round again.

Comment

The forum has been very quite. Did most of you have a bad week like myself?

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                  The worst week betting I have had in quite a few years.

Comment

You are not alone, woeful for myself

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnymac05 View Post
                      The worst week betting I have had in quite a few years.
                      This was my worst fest ever, but still enjoyed it. Even when I went against my own rules to back any Wicklow horses that runs, that was sickening.

Comment

This was my worst fest ever, but still enjoyed it. Even when I went against my own rules to back any Wicklow horses that runs, that was sickening.
                        Oh no LR! Can't believe it...

Comment

Horrendous week, don't want to add everything up

Got to the point where i started doing ridiculous forecast doubles and such to try and claw back something. First time antepost for me, going to try to stick to the exchange and free bets next year

Comment

Good festival for me probably broke even for four days drinking and betting ante post only paid of on presenting Percy all multiple bets died antepost.
                            Had a fun bet to see me through the week for Elliot top trainer+Ireland to win cup. 16-1. Brilliant strike bk by Mullins. Artic fire what a price it was there for the taking but had done my brains in by then on handicaps and swallowed my profit. Poor show from Nicholls.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Oh no LR! Can't believe it...
                              Tbh, the only reason I didn't do AF was because I already had 5 horses in the race and I thought he was only there to make up the weight for Renneti. Going to forget second guessing the trainers, when they are second guessing the punters.

Comment

Definitely. My Tent Or Yours @ 50/1 placed was a good hit as was Might Bite @ 12/1, but the rest, well, best we don't talk about them.

I've seen the odd biggish winning slip on social media but on the whole I think it was a very quiet one for punters and a very big one for the bookmakers, still, on to next year ��

Comment

Working...
                                X