Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Tuesday 14th March - Champion Hurdle Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supreme

2.5pts High Bridge 16/1

Ultima

2.5pt Singlefarmpayment 10/1

Champion Hurdle

1.5pts Sceau Royal 16/1

NH Chase

2.5pt A Genie In A bottle 14/1

Comment

Loving these kind of threads, seeing what everyone has on. Helps narrow down some selections for days im not sure of.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnymac05 View Post
        Loving these kind of threads, seeing what everyone has on. Helps narrow down some selections for days im not sure of.
        I agree, helps me fine tune my shortlists

Comment

Supreme

Crack Mome 2pts E/W 16/1

RSA

Might Bite - lots of times at average 4/1, also in lots of multiples

Coral Cup

Hargam 1pt E/W 25/1
          Peregrine Run 1pt E/W 20/1
          Aux Ptit Soins 0.5pt E/W 20/1

Fred Winter

Divin Bere 2pts win 11/1

Bumper

Western Ryder (of course 1) 1pt E/W 20/1
          Carter Mckay 2pts win 6/1
          Someday 1pt win 16/1

Comment

I am not sure I have the time to post everything I have backed ** this took me ages

Supreme - 16 points non runners (A few like - Jenkins, Moon Racer, Senewalk and Lough Derg Spirit)
            1.5 pts EW Melon 20/1
            1 pt EW Ballyandy 25/1 & 2 pt win at 14/1
            0.5 pts EW Bunk Off Early 25/1 & 0.5 pts EW 20/1
            1.5 pts EW Cilaos Emery 14/1
            1.5 pts EW Movewiththetimes 14/1
            1 pt EW Crack Mome 20/1 and 1 pt EW 16/1
            1 pt EW Riven Light

Also - NRNB returned on Finians Oscar, Charli Parcs, Fulham Road, Saturnas, Top Ville Ben, Chateau Conti, Invitation Only, Fulham Road (Staked 19.5 points - 19.5 points returned) AND Neon Wolf likely to be returned, 6 points - waiting for those 6 back.

Arkle - 10 pts non runner (Identity Thief, Min, Yorkhill, Old Guard, Ball Darc)
            8.5 pts Altior at 5/1
            1 pt EW Royal Caviar 20/1
            1.5 pts EW Charbel 14/1

Also - NRNB 7 points staked and returned on American Tom, Bleu Et Rouge, Benie Des Dieux

Ultima - 3.5 pts non runners (Champers on Ice, Cause of Causes)
            1 pt EW Singlefarmpayment 9/1
            1 pt EW Noble Endeavour 14/1
            1 pt EW The Druids Nephew 16/1

Also - NRNB 4 pts staked 4 pts returned Mall Dini and expecting 2 pts back from Heron Heights (going RSA)

Champion Hurdle - 19 pts non runners (Faugheen, Apples Jade, Yorkhill, Nichols Canyon)
            1 pt EW Yanworth 14/1
            1.5 pts EW Buveur D'air - NRNB 16/1
            1 pts EWPetit Mouchoir 33/1
            0.5 pts EWMoon Racer 50/1
            0.5 pts EW My Tent Or Yours 40/1 and 0.5 pts EW at 33/1
            1 pts EW Footpad 25/1
            0.5 pts EW Sceau Royal 33/1
            0.5 pts EW Cyrus Darius 66/1
            0.5 pts EW Wicklow Brave 40/1

Also - NRNB 17.5 pts staked - 17.5 returned on Yorkhill, Un De Sceaux, Limini, Jezki and Superb Story

Mares Hurdle - 9 pts Non Runner - Annie Power (backed for "any race but classing it here") and Kotkikova
            8 pts Vroum Vroum Mag 11/4 (any race)
            1.5 pts EW Limini 10/1 and 2 pts win at 5/4
            0 pts but £50 free bets on AJ at 3/1 and 2/1

National Hunt Chase - 4 miler 2.5 pts non runner - Fagan, Wotzizname, Unowhatimeanharry
            1.5 pts EW A Genie Ina Bottle 9/1
            2 pts EW Tiger Roll 25/1 (tried to be clever second guessing Codd - will be laying this off Monday night)
            0.75 pts EW Arpege D'alene 20/1
            0.75 pts EW Champers On Ice 33/1
            1 pts EW Edwulf 20/1

Also - NRNB 3 pts staked and 3 returned for Disko. Expecting 3.5 pts back NRNB from Premier Bond, Fletchers Flyer and M.Knight

Close Brothers - no non runners
            1 pts EW Potters Legend 20/1
            1 pts EW Hammersly Lake 16/1
            1 pts EW Double W's 20/1
            1 pts EW Tully East 20/1

-------------------------------

212 pts staked, 47 returned NRNB so -165 pts for Tuesday before we kick off.... I genuinly won't have time to include multiples
            Last edited by Kevloaf; 12 March 2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

It took me ages to read it so god knows how long that took to pull together

You have the Champion Hurdle and Supreme almost sewn up. You have that many bets it's difficult to work out your best result in each race

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                It took me ages to read it so god knows how long that took to pull together

You have the Champion Hurdle and Supreme almost sewn up. You have that many bets it's difficult to work out your best result in each race
                Imagine having to factor in doubles, trebles, trixies, yankees and lucky 15's in to the mix.

I have realised that Yanworth is my 'worst result' (bar The New One, Brain Power or Cht'bello!) which is strange as I feel like I have been the one banging the drum about hiim for the longest.

Still, pleased to be in that position as I fancied Annie Power all season or Faugheen, obviously.

Melon, Altior, Noble Endeavor, Petit Mouchoir, Vroum Vroum Mag, Champers on Ice, Potters Legend are my best results in each race

Comment

Move With The Times is the latest one out.

Comment

It's an awesome list of bets Kev - you've put a lot of work in so deserve to be in such a good position.

Comment

i lose again - kev is the most prolific bettor on the forum

Comment

Kev, would you call yourself a mug punter or do you simply try to cover as many horses in a race with the idea of making a small profit.I dont see how you would get a buzz out of watching the Supreme or the Champion Hurdle after backing near 20 horses in each of those races but then again each to their own.

Comment

Originally posted by iainmcf View Post
                          Kev, would you call yourself a mug punter or do you simply try to cover as many horses in a race with the idea of making a small profit.I dont see how you would get a buzz out of watching the Supreme or the Champion Hurdle after backing near 20 horses in each of those races but then again each to their own.
                          Haha, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't trying to be offensive.

I would say I will feel a buzz about the Arkle? I don't feel a buzz about the Champion Hurdle this year, because Faugheen or Annie Power aren't in it, and I would have only been on them?

The supreme is a difficult race this year (unless you've cracked it?) and I have had a buzz all year trying to get value all through the year in the race ... and i'll have an 'all green' book. I don't know who will win the Supreme, so rather than not have a bet at this stage, or be stood there on the day putting my little bet down I'd much rather be in my position than yours... but as you said, each to their own

I have been profitable at the last 6 festivals and been recording every bet I make since 1/1/15 - and am profitable each year too. So no, I don't feel like I am a mug punter, but I am trying something new this year, and I'd encourage you to look up 'Arbing' too.

In some races, I will make a small profit regardless, and in some HOPEFULLY I'll make a big profit... I'd rather be in the position to either win [small profit or big profit] than [no profit or big profit]. I'm not claiming to get a big buzz out of those races. You can get a buzz about not losing too, but you don't get a buzz from not backing anything?
                          Last edited by Kevloaf; 12 March 2017, 07:16 PM.

Comment

You seem to be a knowlegable guy Kev and ive enjoyed reading your posts over the last few months,I was just surprised at the amount of different horses you had backed in the one race but as you say it works for you, no offence meant.

Comment

Hi Kev,

I understand Arbing, what kind of profit do you hope to make & what would your totally layout be per race, if you layout £200 would you be hoping for 50% or less per race? and do you do that for all the races or just the main champion ones??

Just trying to see if its worth the total layout & hard work. if its only a small profit would it be worth it?

Ps who gives a S&IT about having a buzz, its all about making a profit at the end of the day, a lot of people say we gamble for fun but in truth we mostly gamble to hopefully one day hit a big one.. as soon as cheltenham is finish we will all start to find winners/anti posts for the big flat races, so cheltenham is a buzz but making a profit small or large is the biggest buzz.
                              Last edited by mullinsmull; 12 March 2017, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iainmcf View Post
                                You seem to be a knowlegable guy Kev and ive enjoyed reading your posts over the last few months,I was just surprised at the amount of different horses you had backed in the one race but as you say it works for you, no offence meant.
                                I did take some because you started asking me a mug but now I know that it is wasn't meant that way, non taken, and thank-you.

I did post in the "how do you approach the festival" about my different approach this year, and in all honesty, the point you mentioned is something I was worried about. I am not sure I want to bet "just for profit" on Cheltenham, because I might lose that excitement in some races. I know at this stage, I have enjoyed the build up more than ever, and I feel more confident now than ever HOWEVER I will be putting up a very detailed analysis. My approach is different from almost everyone on here and I respect them a lot... so what I am doing may prove to not work at all

Comment

Working...
                                X