Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Close Brothers Novice Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Told myself all season I'll back Zamdy Man if he lines up in a handicap here but surely the ground is well against? He's still well under the hurdles mark and the reason I became so interested in him was that he lined up against (and beat) a JP Mcmanus horse in April called the saint james who was smashed to pieces before hand. The next race Zamdy Man ran in he was wearing JP's green and gold!!! I guess they had their one ready to run for it's life and expected it to win easily against Zamdy man who made them take action. The Saint James is unseen since.

Comment

Aidan Tuesday doesnt work as well but got a feeling about this ...

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
        Aidan Tuesday doesnt work as well but got a feeling about this ...
        Certainly not as well as Tom Scuesday

Comment

BOF, what a mention that was. If Deans Road hadn't clouted that fence and come to a juddering stop I'm convinced it would have walked that. It did really well to get back into the race and almost placed.

Keep them coming!

Comment

Zamdy Man will be interesting over further.

I wished it hadnt been today though.

Comment

Met up with jono today at Chelt who put up Tully East. Great work!

Comment

Yes well done Jono. I just went back through the thread. With all the excitement of Potters Legend I'd forgotten you also put up Tulley East.

Comment

Originally posted by Brital View Post
                  BOF, what a mention that was. If Deans Road hadn't clouted that fence and come to a juddering stop I'm convinced it would have walked that. It did really well to get back into the race and almost placed.

Keep them coming!
                  Thanks Brital. He was very unlucky. I will post on the relevant threads but look out for Linger - 25/1 (and the great Rachel Blackmore - best conditional around) tomorrow (plus Dodgybingo 40/1) and Dell Arca (33/1) on Friday - Pipe's only entry and has to have an outstanding chance on a track he has always run well on.
                  Last edited by Bayoffreedom; 15 March 2017, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                    Thanks Brital. He was very unlucky. I will post on the relevant threads but look out for Linger - 25/1 (and the great Rachel Blackmore - best claimer around) tomorrow (plus Dodgybingo 40/1) and Dell Arca (33/1) on Friday - Pipe's only entry and has to have an outstanding chance on a track he has always run well on.
                    Will do mate. Thanks.

Comment

Finally!!! I’ve put some money down

Mister Whitaker @ 26’s

I backed his horse at Kempton and he ran a big race, he showed he could run at pace and keep it up. He just couldn’t get passed the winner

For some crazy reason, I didnt back Whitaker in Jan at Cheltenham, mainly because I didn’t study the card enough
                      Appeared to enjoy the course and I like the way he put 18 lengths between him and third spot
                      Second place has gone onto placing in a competitive grade 3 at kempton
                      He did idle once he took the led, i think he plenty left and would have won even more impressively if he didn’t idle. So although he gone up in weights, I think there’s more improvement in this horse. Haskins knows what he has under the hood and I expect him to time his run to perfection to win this

Comment

Working...
                      X