Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy birthday Kev, all the best

Comment

• Happy Birthday Kev, .hope it's a good one !. ( i remember when i was 30, a long time ago )

Comment

• Few updates from some of David Pipe's horses today:

With Cheltenham only nine weeks away, preparations are already well underway for the Cheltenham Festival. Sadly, we will be without one of the Pond House standard bearers this year as dual Festival hero Un Temps Pour Tout will not be bidding it to make three in a row this time around. His second consecutive victory in last season’s Ultima handicap chase under top-weight took a long time for him to get over. We were aiming to bring him back for the Spring but have decided to give him more time and look forward to a full campaign with him next season.

Of some of the other stable stars, I am pleased to report that Moon Racer has recovered well from the bout of colic he suffered during the summer and is cantering away and in good form at home. We will be giving him an entry in the Betfair Hurdle at Newbury next month. We will see if he is ready in time for that, if not, we will be looking at the Spring Festivals.

I am happy to bring an upbeat bulleting on Bidourey (pictured right), who looked so promising when winning his first five starts and was sent off favourite for the Imperial Cup in 2015. He has been off the track for just over two years now but he is pleasing me at home and is another who will be given an entry in the Betfair Hurdle. It will be great to see him back on the track - even though he seems to have been around for a long time, he has only just turned seven and still has time to confirm the early promise he showed.

High profile ex-French recruit Kings Socks is returning from injury and is another one we are looking forward to getting out in February with a view to the Spring Festivals. He had some very good form in France, including when runner-up in a Grade One behind Footpad at Auteuil. He is another that we hold high hopes for and I am looking forward to getting him to the track.

Comment

• Cheers for that Jono , Shame about U.T.P.T , maybe Gold cup bound next year ?.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
            Few updates from some of David Pipe's horses today:
            Moon racer has a fair mark on his previous ability for the county, bur your putting your trust in him coming back to form that he's never showed as of yet over hurdles, his win at chelt over hurdles was a strange race. I know the owners won't have it but I wouldn't mind seeing him over further. mount mews is also on a fair mark.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Devastated about the UTPT news!

Thought he was a potential GC chance and also a player in the national.

Maybe next year

Comment

• Personally i'd be wary of backing a Pipe horse in any grade 1 race at the festival. He can plot them up for a handicap but outside of that the horse would have to be exceptional for me to back them, certainly in a championship race. That's just a personal thing though.
                Plus at 10 years old, his time for going 'Gold' was surely this year.

Edit - A grand national as HF pointed out I would consider though!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  Moon racer has a fair mark on his previous ability for the county, bur your putting your trust in him coming back to form that he's never showed as of yet over hurdles, his win at chelt over hurdles was a strange race. I know the owners won't have it but I wouldn't mind seeing him over further. mount mews is also on a fair mark.
                  Really like Mount Mews, he’s in a novice chase tomorrow so can’t guess what the plans are with him...

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                    Really like Mount Mews, he’s in a novice chase tomorrow so can’t guess what the plans are with him...
                    Not far off Arkle material if taking to fences

Comment

• Bet365 gone NRNB on all races too. Early this year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        1pt Presenting Percy, Buveur D'air, Apples Jade @ 12/1
                        1pt Presenting Percy, Apples Jade, Cause of Causes 34.5/1
                        Just had the same on the second treble

Everything seems to be happening much earlier this year.

Comment

• Which race are you thinking Presenting is most likely to run jn chaps ?

Comment

• I havent had chance to listen to it yet but Davy Russell was on On The Line tonight, hopefully he gave some insight on the likes of PP, Monalee, Samcro etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Denmania View Post
                              Which race are you thinking Presenting is most likely to run jn chaps ?
                              I think NH chase. Wouldn't bet without NRNB though.

Thanks for the birthday wishes Monday not the best day for it

Comment

• Didn’t listen but only thing I can glean is that he put forward Espoir D’allen as one to stay on the right side of. Said he’s very difficult to beat and has a great attitude

Comment

Working...
                                X