Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added 2 to thw rsa book.
    Ballyoptic 25/1
    West approach 33/1

Ballyoptic had a nice introduction today, hopefully he will learn to respect his fences more than he did his hurdles. Not too much running in this race from the Albert Bartlett/ Aintree/ punchestown 3 mile novice this year and he'd be right up there with the likes of monalee and presenting percy,

West approach, I wasn't a big fan of him over hurdles but his form is fair, and he's always looked a chaser to me. His introduction was decent, he diddnt have much to beat but did it well. And at 33s looking at what's likely to be here and what stays over hurdles I think he's a shade over priced.

Rsa in total

Sutton place 14s any race ( I'd send him jlt but an exceptional horse imo)
    Death duty 20s
    Monalee 16s
    Ballyoptic 25s
    West approach 33s
    Bacardys 16s 12s any race.

Can't see anything else being an interest to me in this race unless TIN SOLDIER goes chasing.
    Last edited by Scooby91; 7 November 2017, 05:45 PM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Added 2 to thw rsa book.
      Ballyoptic 25/1
      West approach 33/1

Ballyoptic had a nice introduction today, hopefully he will learn to respect his fences more than he did his hurdles. Not too much running in this race from the Albert Bartlett/ Aintree/ punchestown 3 mile novice this year and he'd be right up there with the likes of monalee and presenting percy,

West approach, I wasn't a big fan of him over hurdles but his form is fair, and he's always looked a chaser to me. His introduction was decent, he diddnt have much to beat but did it well. And at 33s looking at what's likely to be here and what stays over hurdles I think he's a shade over priced.
      I've also backed West Approach - I think he's slightly flattered by his rating, because he was one of the only horses to attempt running in open company last season, but I did take that as a positive that he might just be a little more hardened than some of the novice chasers this year and I can see him being shorter.

I liked Ballyoptic last season (as did quite a few on here I think - as he made it into the forum EW Yankee) - slight 'concern' in temrs of ante post for Cheltenham is the the trainer seems to be BANG in form now, and that might fade away? - then again, I have still got to watch the race and I'll probably be on by the time you get chance to reply

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        I've also backed West Approach - I think he's slightly flattered by his rating, because he was one of the only horses to attempt running in open company last season, but I did take that as a positive that he might just be a little more hardened than some of the novice chasers this year and I can see him being shorter.

I liked Ballyoptic last season (as did quite a few on here I think - as he made it into the forum EW Yankee) - slight 'concern' in temrs of ante post for Cheltenham is the the trainer seems to be BANG in form now, and that might fade away? - then again, I have still got to watch the race and I'll probably be on by the time you get chance to reply
        West approach was massively over rated on hurdles form, deffinately. But I think he will make a better chaser.

Snow falcon may possibly be a dark one that would also interest me If he takes to fences at the weekend

I personally don't take any notice of trainer form what so ever. I just see it as an excuse lol. If the horse is good enough, he's good enough
        Last edited by Scooby91; 7 November 2017, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Hi guys I just know how to post all me bets onto this page. Can u post for us thank you. I am still fairly newish to this site.

Comment

West approach was massively over rated on hurdles form, deffinately. But I think he will make a better chaser.

Snow falcon may possibly be a dark one that would also interest me If he takes to fences at the weekend

I personally don't take any notice of trainer form what so ever. I just see it as an excuse lol. If the horse is good enough, he's good enough
            Is there a stat against horses who spent more than one season over hurdles not winning this race? The only reason I ask is that all the three mentioned horses have had two seasons over hurdles before attempting chasing. I think the stat may have a small sample so might not be accurate but I remember from my early days of Cheltenham betting being told to avoid this in the Novice Chases.

Comment

• Ballyoptic was regularly put his in place at the top level over hurdles. For it not to be the case now chasing you would have to be looking at a lot of improvement. In the stayers hurdle at aintree last season Supasundae, Snow Falcon and Yanworth readily stayed on better and outclassed him over 3 miles. I would reckon at least one of those will be aimed at the RSA and although there’s no guarantee they’ll jump as well as Ballyoptic did today (was really impressed) they would have to be a bit of a shambles not to get the better of him in my opinion over 3 miles at the festival.

I actually think the bookies have the right favourite currently and that Yanworth is a good bet for the RSA. Sutton Place for me has enough speed for 2m, so I’d be surprised if they went 3 with him. Yanworth proved he stays 3 miles in that Aintree win and I’d back him to outbattle most now we know he gets the trip. First indication Yanworth is likely to take in the RSA and I’ll be lumping on. Also got Topofthegame as a possible improver (should be out this Thursday)

Comment

• Originally posted by Robante View Post
                Ballyoptic was regularly put his in place at the top level over hurdles. For it not to be the case now chasing you would have to be looking at a lot of improvement. In the stayers hurdle at aintree last season Supasundae, Snow Falcon and Yanworth readily stayed on better and outclassed him over 3 miles. I would reckon at least one of those will be aimed at the RSA and although there’s no guarantee they’ll jump as well as Ballyoptic did today (was really impressed) they would have to be a bit of a shambles not to get the better of him in my opinion over 3 miles at the festival.

I actually think the bookies have the right favourite currently and that Yanworth is a good bet for the RSA. Sutton Place for me has enough speed for 2m, so I’d be surprised if they went 3 with him. Yanworth proved he stays 3 miles in that Aintree win and I’d back him to outbattle most now we know he gets the trip. First indication Yanworth is likely to take in the RSA and I’ll be lumping on. Also got Topofthegame as a possible improver (should be out this Thursday)
                The RSA certainly isn't always won by the best hurdler so something could spring into the market for this race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robante View Post
                  Ballyoptic was regularly put his in place at the top level over hurdles. For it not to be the case now chasing you would have to be looking at a lot of improvement. In the stayers hurdle at aintree last season Supasundae, Snow Falcon and Yanworth readily stayed on better and outclassed him over 3 miles. I would reckon at least one of those will be aimed at the RSA and although there’s no guarantee they’ll jump as well as Ballyoptic did today (was really impressed) they would have to be a bit of a shambles not to get the better of him in my opinion over 3 miles at the festival.

Supasundae stays over hurdles.
                  I'd be very surprised if yanworth dosent go jlt.

Ballyoptic been running at a higher level than the novices last year, had s lot of hard races before chelt/ Aintree last year
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 7 November 2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Supasundae stays over hurdles.
                    I'd be very surprised if yanworth dosent go jlt.

Ballyoptic been running at a higher level than the novices last year, had s lot of hard races before chelt/ Aintree last year
                    Thought I read Supasundae going chasing but appears not. Ballyoptic definitely been running at a higher level than the novices and it’s a fair bet backing him against them as we don’t know yet the level of form they’re bringing. If none of last years novices are shining much in the context of this race then I’d definitely pitch Yanworth into it. He’s shown he stays, and began to look as though he was struggling for pace last year over shorter distances. I have Yanworth covered for the JLT but as the season progresses I could see this becoming the more likely target for him

Comment

• A large majority of the best of last years staying novices imo are currently injured (messire des obeaux / Constantine bay/ champagne classic) or staying over hurdles penhill, wholestone, the world end, let's dance, Augusta Kate.

Not sure what tin soldiers doing this season, him and alboum photo would have been in my top 15 staying novices. Not sure on karalees trip but I know she goes chasing and the mares form looks strong with colins sister winning well. But there is a lovely mares programme now with cracking prize money and fairyhouse a week after Cheltenham.
                      Last edited by Scooby91; 7 November 2017, 07:28 PM.

Comment

A large majority of the best of last years staying novices imo are currently injured (messire des obeaux / Constantine bay/ champagne classic) or staying over hurdles penhill, wholestone, the world end, let's dance, Augusta Kate.

Not sure what tin soldiers doing this season, him and alboum photo would have been in my top 15 staying novices. Not sure on karalees trip but I know she goes chasing and the mares form looks strong with colins sister winning well. But there is a lovely mares programme now with cracking prize money and fairyhouse a week after Cheltenham.
                        I like Tin Soldier also, interesting to see where he goes. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wholestone go chasing (that’s my pocket talking as he was the first horse I backed this year for the RSA). NTD said a decision would be made after the weekend race as to whether he stays hurdling or goes chasing but not heard anything. Maybe Ballyoptic’a performance will convince them to keep Wholestone over hurdles for the season now but I would say he has more chance of winning an RSA than the Stayers Hurdle

Comment

A large majority of the best of last years staying novices imo are currently injured (messire des obeaux / Constantine bay/ champagne classic) or staying over hurdles penhill, wholestone, the world end, let's dance, Augusta Kate.

As a consequence, it looks like the worst bunch of staying novice chasers for a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            As a consequence, it looks like the worst bunch of staying novice chasers for a few years.
                            Bacardys could be a standout for me if he ends up over 3. He just keeps finding at the end of his races and he has a touch of class. That 2m4 novice at punchestown looks very strong. I'd be surprised if that wasn't the best novice race last year by a long way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              I started a bit of a post on how poor I think this seasons novice chasers could end up being and never got round to finishing it! Posted a little bit in the Arkle thread that has the ratings in but really nothing to get excited about in the grand scheme of things.

Bacardys being the best that Mullins has speaks volumes to me, as he seemed to be overlooked most of last season

Comment

• Maybe the novice chasers who spent a couple of seasons over hurdles will end up the ones to follow, bringing better form to the table. Who does that include? Petit Mouchoir (if gets back in time), Yanworth, Ballyoptic?

Comment

Working...
                                X