Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Might Bite for the triple crown

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
      Here's one from left field. There is a horse entered in the Ballymore Novice Hurdle on Friday at Cheltenham called Its All Guesswork trained by Gordon Elliott. I do not think the horse is there to win but rather get a sighter of the course as Gordon likes to do with some of his horses at this meeting (he also has Fagan entered in a chase). Now, connecting the owner into the theory and it would not surprise me if this horse ended up in the Coral Cup or Pertemps (owner has won the last two renewals) come March.

It's a speculative theory but could have substance...
      I think there could be something to take away from the race today. The winner came in with a mark of 137 and was getting 4lbs from Its All Guesswork (IAG). Up until the flight coming down the hill, IAG was going smoothly until a mistake ended his chances. He looks the type that Gordon can get beaten in Novice events with a view to keeping his mark down and then run him in a handicap later in the season. He's in the tracker now.

Comment

• agree Jackie was travelling very smoothly before the mistake and then fading. Certainly one for the tracker.

Comment

• It's a long way out i know ., but donald mc'cain jnr and derek connor won on friday in a 3m1 f chase at chelt.
          at the presentation the trainer said I just hope derek will be back in march . so Iwonderd if the
          Ultima chase might be the intended target ,. the horse was called" What Happens Now".

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
            It's a long way out i know ., but donald mc'cain jnr and derek connor won on friday in a 3m1 f chase at chelt.
            at the presentation the trainer said I just hope derek will be back in march . so Iwonderd if the
            Ultima chase might be the intended target ,. the horse was called" What Happens Now".
            May be wrong but id assume mentioning O'Connor he would mean the kim Muir. Being an amateur riders event.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              May be wrong but id assume mentioning O'Connor he would mean the kim Muir. Being an amateur riders event.
              Well done Scooby , you spotted my Deliberate mistake, l.o.l , glad to see your on the ball. !! .
              I was thinking more of the race distance when i posted . But hey it's only another furlong, so
              I'd have to say your'e most likely spot on.

Comment

• I Posted this article in the Mares Novice Thread but it also goes on to mention other horses including Dortmund Park. Well worth a read:

Also part 2:

courtesy of : https://twitter.com/mufc_fan_saf

Comment

• Wow, interesting read that Jono.

Comment

• Colin Tizzard stable tour in the RP this morning. Anyone get a copy?
                    I had a quick look about Slate House and he mentions stepping him up to 2 and a half next time. West Approach he mentions the Feltham and then RSA. I completely forgot to check Finians Oscar though!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                      Colin Tizzard stable tour in the RP this morning. Anyone get a copy?
                      I had a quick look about Slate House and he mentions stepping him up to 2 and a half next time. West Approach he mentions the Feltham and then RSA. I completely forgot to check Finians Oscar though!!!
                      Finian's Oscar - He slipped at his 3rd fence, Cooper was quite far back on debut too but when he gave him a squeeze he made ground easily. Also that he shot away when he was asked to. He says he'll go to Chelt next month. Two or two and a half, doesn't need 3 at moment but one day he could be a 3-miler. He's good, horses like him don't come along very often, and he'll be running in all the big spring races

Comment

• Kev - are you reading 'big spring races' as the Arkle? I know I am, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part.

Comment

• Anyone know anything about a horse called Whiskey In The Jar? Its one of my fav Metallica tracks (old thin lizzy song) and 33/1 with hills any race at the festival

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            Kev - are you reading 'big spring races' as the Arkle? I know I am, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part.
                            I absolutely am. I can certainly see the case for me "wanting to see it" as it isn't cast iron. However he has said the Arkle is more prestigious and I just have absolutely nothing putting me off. Sure they'll keep their options open.... but you only need to read the bit on Fox Norton.... he says that the Ryanair is probably his race, but he'll go for the Champion Chase!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              I absolutely am. I can certainly see the case for me "wanting to see it" as it isn't cast iron. However he has said the Arkle is more prestigious and I just have absolutely nothing putting me off. Sure they'll keep their options open.... but you only need to read the bit on Fox Norton.... he says that the Ryanair is probably his race, but he'll go for the Champion Chase!
                              The Arkle trial on the Sunday of the November meeting is hopefully where they go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                The Arkle trial on the Sunday of the November meeting is hopefully where they go.
                                Yeah absolutely. Wouldn't surprise me to see him over the 2m4f though, so I won't be disheartened as I think it won't make a huge difference, even if maybe it should to the end target!
                                3 miles I would worry though!

Comment

Working...
                                X